|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35, Nail Clippers, Butter Sauce, Iron Vase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shadow call the role of the Dreamreader in his discussion of the loss of mind at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) A catalyst.
(b) A scapegoat.
(c) A lightning rod.
(d) A scout.
2. What does the narrator realize he'll continue to produce at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) Escape routes.
(c) New realities.
(d) New circuits.
3. Where is the shadow when the narrator comes to visit him at the beginning of Chapter 32?
(a) In the lean-to.
(b) In the Watchtower.
(c) Under the tree.
(d) In the cellar.
4. How does the Colonel say the Town feels about the passing of a shadow?
(a) It is wonderful to be freed of the weight.
(b) They are relieved that the shadow is finally gone.
(c) They don't talk about it.
(d) It is a solemn event.
5. What does the Professor say will happen in regards to the narrator's three cognitive circuits?
(a) The program the Professor wrote will kill the second circuit.
(b) The circuits have arranged themselves in a never-ending loop.
(c) The first two circuits are going to burn out.
(d) The narrator will end up stuck in circuit three with no hope of return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the Colonel NOT give as a possible reason for his work as a soldier?
2. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
4. What does the shadow call the process of removing the discharges of mind that rise each day?
5. What odd gift does the narrator give the librarian at the restaurant in Chapter 35?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)