|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35, Nail Clippers, Butter Sauce, Iron Vase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about the poster of Frankfurt at the supermarket that makes the narrator uneasy?
(a) He is afraid of Germans.
(b) He doesn't like the people's not-watching-anything gaze.
(c) It looks cold.
(d) He gets chills when he sees tall, sharp spires.
2. Where do the narrator and the Librarian look for a musical instrument?
(a) In the Collection Room.
(b) At the Train Station.
(c) In the Storeroom.
(d) In the Goods Depot.
3. What does the shadow call the process of removing the discharges of mind that rise each day?
(b) Filtering out.
(d) Skimming off.
4. What one thing does the chubby girl say to the narrator that eases his mind as they are swimming to the exit of the underground?
(a) That she is a strong swimmer.
(b) That the System isn't as good as he thought.
(c) That what her grandfather did was wrong.
(d) That she thinks he's a nice guy.
5. Why does the shadow say he needed the map sooner?
(a) The Gatekeeper has become suspicious of him.
(b) He will be too weak to carry out his plan for escape.
(c) He is losing his desire to escape.
(d) He can't get over the Wall during the winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the Gatekeeper about his shadow at the end of Chapter 24?
2. What do Junior and Big Boy drink while visiting the narrator?
3. How does the Professor explain the narrator's memory of the dam and the king's coronation?
4. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
5. Who calls and wakes the narrator up while he is sleeping after finishing his shuffling?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)