|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35, Nail Clippers, Butter Sauce, Iron Vase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say the smoke comes from?
(a) The Southern Hill.
(b) The Apple Grove.
(c) The Eastern Woods.
(d) The Worker's Quarter.
2. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
(a) A traumatic experience.
(b) A painful occurrence.
(c) Their salvation.
(d) A relief.
3. Where do the narrator and the Librarian look for a musical instrument?
(a) At the Train Station.
(b) In the Goods Depot.
(c) In the Storeroom.
(d) In the Collection Room.
4. Why does the shadow say the narrator can't take the Librarian to the Woods?
(a) She is afraid of the Woods.
(b) The Gatekeeper would never allow it.
(c) She has no mind.
(d) She is conflicted.
5. What does the narrator want to do in light of the situation?
(a) Marry the girl.
(b) Drink more whisky.
(c) Call his mother.
(d) Go above ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
2. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
3. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
4. What do Junior and Big Boy drink while visiting the narrator?
5. What escape does the Professor offer for the dilemma the narrator is faced with?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)