|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35, Nail Clippers, Butter Sauce, Iron Vase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
(a) You need a special drug to get you in.
(b) You can only get in by going through a narrow hole.
(c) You never know who you're going to meet.
(d) Everything is topsy-turvy.
2. How does the Colonel say the Town feels about the passing of a shadow?
(a) They are relieved that the shadow is finally gone.
(b) They don't talk about it.
(c) It is a solemn event.
(d) It is wonderful to be freed of the weight.
3. What does the librarian notice about the narrator's statements during dinner?
(a) They're often uncertain.
(b) They're often arrogant.
(c) They're often edgy.
(d) They're often unimaginative.
4. What does the narrator say the Librarian can never do since she has no mind?
(a) She can never miss him.
(b) She can never need him.
(c) She can never remember him.
(d) She can never love him.
5. What happens to the narrator as he passes by the INKlings' lair?
(a) He stops moving and has a hard time starting again.
(b) He gets liquefied.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He gets sucked in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator want to do when he arrives at the Library in Chapter 34?
2. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather claims will happen if the narrator doesn't get up at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. What does the narrator do to kill time while waiting for his date with the librarian?
5. Which of the following does the Colonel NOT give as a possible reason for his work as a soldier?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)