|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35, Nail Clippers, Butter Sauce, Iron Vase.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which landmark does the narrator describe in detail at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The promenade.
(b) The clock tower.
(c) The town square.
(d) The town park.
2. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
3. What effect does the whiskey have on the narrator in Chapter 27?
(a) It makes him woozy.
(b) It makes him cry.
(c) It doesn't register.
(d) It makes him laugh.
4. Why does the Librarian say the Dreamreader can't free her mind?
(a) It is too dangerous an undertaking.
(b) Minds can never be freed again.
(c) Her mind was lost too long ago.
(d) Minds are not taken in whole by the beasts, but in fragments.
5. What does the narrator compare his world to while climbing through the escape route in Chapter 29?
(a) A blue tweed suit.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A credit card.
(d) Gaien Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
2. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
3. What does the narrator realize he'll continue to produce at the beginning of Chapter 27?
4. What odd gift does the narrator give the librarian at the restaurant in Chapter 35?
5. What kind of watch is Junior wearing?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)