|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, End of the World, Charlie Parker, Time Bomb | Chapter 18, Dreamreading.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
2. Why does the narrator think about the job he's doing as a dream reader?
(a) He thinks it's foolish.
(b) He feels inadequate.
(c) He thinks it's too important a job to be left to him.
(d) He thinks he's too good for the job.
3. What does the narrator tell the librarian to comfort her at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She is not alone.
(b) She is the best friend he's got.
(c) Her mother must have missed her.
(d) Nothing is her fault.
4. What is the old man working on in Chapter 3?
(a) Comparing skeletons.
(b) The mammalian palate.
(c) Scent technology.
(d) Diving technology.
5. What group does the narrator belong to in Chapter 3?
(a) The Factory.
(b) The INKlings.
(c) The Semiotecs.
(d) The Caluctecs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman ask the narrator to put on at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Who calls and wakes the narrator up while he is sleeping after finishing his shuffling?
4. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
5. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)