|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, End of the World, Charlie Parker, Time Bomb | Chapter 18, Dreamreading.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator think about the job he's doing as a dream reader?
(a) He thinks it's too important a job to be left to him.
(b) He thinks he's too good for the job.
(c) He feels inadequate.
(d) He thinks it's foolish.
2. Where does the narrator put the skull he's received from the old man?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Above the fireplace.
(c) On the sideboard.
(d) On top of the TV.
3. What did the Professor take with him when he left the System?
(a) All of the research samples.
(b) All of the mammalian skulls.
(c) The narrator's personal file.
(d) The process for shuffling.
4. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's shadow in Chapter 8?
(a) It will escape.
(b) It will die.
(c) It will forget him.
(d) It will live its own life.
5. What does the Colonel give the narrator as winter approaches in Chapter 14?
(a) A winter coat.
(b) Winter gloves.
(c) Winter boots.
(d) A winter hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
2. What is it about the poster of Frankfurt at the supermarket that makes the narrator uneasy?
3. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather claims will happen if the narrator doesn't get up at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What does the narrator say he uses his car for in Chapter 7?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)