|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33, Rainy-Day Laundry, Car Rental, Bob Dylan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
(a) A burger.
(c) A pretzel.
2. How many people are at the laundromat when the narrator arrives?
3. What does the Professor say will happen in regards to the narrator's three cognitive circuits?
(a) The first two circuits are going to burn out.
(b) The program the Professor wrote will kill the second circuit.
(c) The circuits have arranged themselves in a never-ending loop.
(d) The narrator will end up stuck in circuit three with no hope of return.
4. How does the Professor explain the fact that the narrator was the only test subject that didn't die.
(a) He was the only one who dealt with his elephant factory consciously.
(b) He was the only one whose emotional powers were strong enough.
(c) He seemed to be dividing his time between two identities in the first place.
(d) He was the only Calcutec independent enough from the System.
5. Why does the narrator rent the car?
(a) He wants to impress his date.
(b) He doesn't want to go back into the subway.
(c) He doesn't want to drive his own car.
(d) He doesn't want to show up with the sports bag in hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel give the narrator to help nurse him back to health?
2. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
3. What do Junior and Big Boy tell the narrator to tell the System they were looking for?
4. What does the narrator say was his "training" for tuning in on a better life?
5. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)