|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33, Rainy-Day Laundry, Car Rental, Bob Dylan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people in the laundromat stare at the narrator when he begins drying the clothes?
(a) It's strange that the narrator is simply staring at the dryer.
(b) The clothes still stink from the underground.
(c) The clothes are all pink.
(d) The narrator clearly doesn't know how to use a dryer.
2. What does the narrator say was his "training" for tuning in on a better life?
(a) Divorcing his wife.
(b) Reading The Greening of America.
(c) Learning to sail.
(d) Watching Casablanca.
3. How does the Professor explain the fact that the narrator was the only test subject that didn't die.
(a) He was the only one whose emotional powers were strong enough.
(b) He was the only Calcutec independent enough from the System.
(c) He was the only one who dealt with his elephant factory consciously.
(d) He seemed to be dividing his time between two identities in the first place.
4. What does the Colonel give the narrator to help nurse him back to health?
(a) A blanket.
(d) A bandage.
5. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) The winter.
(b) A skull.
(c) A beast.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Professor say he did to the core consciousness of his test subjects?
2. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
3. How many people are at the laundromat when the narrator arrives?
4. How does the Professor explain the narrator's memory of the dam and the king's coronation?
5. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)