|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33, Rainy-Day Laundry, Car Rental, Bob Dylan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) An INKling repellant device.
(b) Something to drink.
(c) A telephone.
2. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
(a) You never know who you're going to meet.
(b) You can only get in by going through a narrow hole.
(c) You need a special drug to get you in.
(d) Everything is topsy-turvy.
3. Why do the people in the laundromat stare at the narrator when he begins drying the clothes?
(a) The clothes are all pink.
(b) The clothes still stink from the underground.
(c) It's strange that the narrator is simply staring at the dryer.
(d) The narrator clearly doesn't know how to use a dryer.
4. How does the Professor explain the fact that the narrator was the only test subject that didn't die.
(a) He was the only one who dealt with his elephant factory consciously.
(b) He was the only Calcutec independent enough from the System.
(c) He seemed to be dividing his time between two identities in the first place.
(d) He was the only one whose emotional powers were strong enough.
5. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
(a) Without mind, she cannot return his feelings.
(b) She does not care about him; she only helps him because she has to.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say was his "training" for tuning in on a better life?
2. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
3. How many people are at the laundromat when the narrator arrives?
4. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)