|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33, Rainy-Day Laundry, Car Rental, Bob Dylan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Professor say will happen in regards to the narrator's three cognitive circuits?
(a) The narrator will end up stuck in circuit three with no hope of return.
(b) The program the Professor wrote will kill the second circuit.
(c) The circuits have arranged themselves in a never-ending loop.
(d) The first two circuits are going to burn out.
2. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
(b) A pretzel.
(c) A burger.
3. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
(a) They shave off his hair and cut his scalp.
(b) They castrate him.
(c) They gouge his eyes.
(d) They slice his abdomen.
4. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(b) Something to drink.
(c) An INKling repellant device.
(d) A telephone.
5. What does the Professor say he did to the core consciousness of his test subjects?
(a) He deleted them.
(b) He made them into visualized stories.
(c) He shuffled them.
(d) He exchanged them with new information.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Professor explain the narrator's memory of the dam and the king's coronation?
2. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
3. What do Junior and Big Boy tell the narrator to tell the System they were looking for?
4. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. Why does the narrator rent the car?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)