|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33, Rainy-Day Laundry, Car Rental, Bob Dylan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
(a) She is married.
(b) Without mind, she cannot return his feelings.
(c) She does not care about him; she only helps him because she has to.
(d) She is too young.
2. How does the Professor explain the fact that the narrator was the only test subject that didn't die.
(a) He was the only Calcutec independent enough from the System.
(b) He seemed to be dividing his time between two identities in the first place.
(c) He was the only one whose emotional powers were strong enough.
(d) He was the only one who dealt with his elephant factory consciously.
3. What is the second book the narrator reads towards the end of Chapter 15?
(a) The Red and the Black.
(d) Spring Torrents.
4. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A skull.
(b) A beast.
(c) The sun.
(d) The winter.
5. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
(a) A pretzel.
(d) A burger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
2. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
3. What does the narrator say was his "training" for tuning in on a better life?
4. How many people are at the laundromat when the narrator arrives?
5. What does the Colonel give the narrator to help nurse him back to health?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)