|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33, Rainy-Day Laundry, Car Rental, Bob Dylan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator rent the car?
(a) He wants to impress his date.
(b) He doesn't want to go back into the subway.
(c) He doesn't want to show up with the sports bag in hand.
(d) He doesn't want to drive his own car.
2. What does the Colonel give the narrator to help nurse him back to health?
(a) A bandage.
(c) A blanket.
3. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
(a) A burger.
(d) A pretzel.
4. What does the Professor say he did to the core consciousness of his test subjects?
(a) He shuffled them.
(b) He deleted them.
(c) He exchanged them with new information.
(d) He made them into visualized stories.
5. What does the Professor say will happen in regards to the narrator's three cognitive circuits?
(a) The first two circuits are going to burn out.
(b) The program the Professor wrote will kill the second circuit.
(c) The circuits have arranged themselves in a never-ending loop.
(d) The narrator will end up stuck in circuit three with no hope of return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people in the laundromat stare at the narrator when he begins drying the clothes?
2. What does the narrator buy while waiting for the clothes to dry?
3. What does the narrator say was his "training" for tuning in on a better life?
4. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
5. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)