|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33, Rainy-Day Laundry, Car Rental, Bob Dylan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say was his "training" for tuning in on a better life?
(a) Divorcing his wife.
(b) Learning to sail.
(c) Watching Casablanca.
(d) Reading The Greening of America.
2. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
(a) They slice his abdomen.
(b) They gouge his eyes.
(c) They shave off his hair and cut his scalp.
(d) They castrate him.
3. How does the Professor explain the narrator's memory of the dam and the king's coronation?
(a) It was a real memory coming back from his core consciousness.
(b) It was an artificial memory the narrator made up.
(c) It was the shadow of a memory from before the shuffle.
(d) It was an artificial memory the Professor made up.
4. What is the second book the narrator reads towards the end of Chapter 15?
(a) The Red and the Black.
(d) Spring Torrents.
5. How does the Professor explain the fact that the narrator was the only test subject that didn't die.
(a) He was the only one who dealt with his elephant factory consciously.
(b) He was the only Calcutec independent enough from the System.
(c) He was the only one whose emotional powers were strong enough.
(d) He seemed to be dividing his time between two identities in the first place.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
2. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
3. What does the Colonel give the narrator to help nurse him back to health?
4. Why do the people in the laundromat stare at the narrator when he begins drying the clothes?
5. What does the Professor say will happen in regards to the narrator's three cognitive circuits?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)