Chapter 1, Elevator, Silence, Overweight | Chapter 2, Golden Beasts
1. Is the narrator going up or down in the elevator at the beginning of the story?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) He isn't moving.
(c) He is going up.
(d) He is going down.
2. What does the narrator count while in the elevator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The holes in the ceiling.
(b) The coins in his pocket.
(c) The buttons on the elevator control panel.
(d) The notes in the song he's whistling.
3. What does the narrator notice about the woman that he follows down the corridor?
(a) She talks a lot.
(b) She doesn't smell good.
(c) She is loud.
(d) She is chubby.
4. What time of year does the narrator say it is at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. What event makes the beasts all stop what they are doing and move simultaneously in one direction in Chapter 2?
(a) The approach of dinnertime.
(b) The opening of the Gate.
(c) The blowing of the horn.
(d) The call of the Gatekeeper.
This section contains 5,262 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)