|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Toutant Kingstree important to Raleigh?
2. What does Toutant Kingstree do with his livestock?
3. What is the name of the Atlanta mall that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit?
4. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of his old trumpet?
5. What card does Gates have that wins him the chance to choose the weapon for his duel against Calhoun?
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. Did the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not? Define foreshadowing in your essay as well.
Essay Topic 2
Define falling action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the falling action in this book. How did it flow? What role did the falling action have in the story, and how did it work?
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Handling Sin. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)