|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of motorcycle does Gates have?
2. Who do Gates and Raleigh impersonate while the rest of their group sets off fireworks?
3. In the end, who is forgiven for not trying to keep in touch?
4. Who surrenders to Raleigh and Gates after the fireworks are set off?
5. The men drive to Montgomery. In which state is that located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
2. How does Billie's life change after the gathering in New Orleans?
3. Discuss the "massage parlor" that Mingo visits in Myrtle Beach.
4. Chapter 27 fills in details about Jubal's relationship with Victoria. What are those details?
5. As Raleigh tries to gather everyone to leave Charlotte, where is Gates and what is he doing?
6. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
7. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
8. Discuss the difference between Raleigh and Gates.
9. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
10. Why was Raleigh's adventurous scavenger hunt orchestrated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an antagonist? Discuss the antagonist of this novel in detail, relating the antagonist specifically to the type of conflict featured in Handling Sin.
Essay Topic 2
Name and discuss the items Raleigh was instructed to collect on his scavenger hunt. Write about the purpose of each.
Essay Topic 3
Define falling action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the falling action in this book. How did it flow? What role did the falling action have in the story, and how did it work?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)