|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 34, who leaves to begin a new career?
2. How does Raleigh discover that Jubal and Victoria were once lovers?
3. What is Gates delivering during his late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
4. Who is Raleigh hoping to find when they leave the estate?
5. Who bought the fireworks that are used in Part 2, Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
2. What does Raleigh find when he searches for hidden treasure and what does he decide to do with it?
3. How has Aura changed over the course of the novel?
4. How has the adventurous scavenger hunt changed Raleigh?
5. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
6. What does Raleigh learn that Jubal is doing and what is Jubal's response to Raleigh's request?
7. Discuss the difference between Raleigh and Gates.
8. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
9. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
10. Why was Raleigh's adventurous scavenger hunt orchestrated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the main characters of this book. Who was the protagonist, and what separates that character from the other main characters?
Essay Topic 2
What interests and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Handling Sin? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary theme of Handling Sin? What is a motif from the novel? Discuss both, explaining the difference between a theme and motif in literature.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)