|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who figures out the treasure map, then digs to find it?
2. Who surrenders to Raleigh and Gates after the fireworks are set off?
3. What is the name of the Atlanta mall that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 22, who pretends to be a movie producer?
5. Where does Jubal go in Part 3, Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
2. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
3. Where are the characters of this story and what happens when the lights go out in Charlotte?
4. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
5. Chapter 27 fills in details about Jubal's relationship with Victoria. What are those details?
6. Discuss the "massage parlor" that Mingo visits in Myrtle Beach.
7. Explain Mr. Calhoun's complaint against Gates.How must Gates make amends?
8. What mistake does Mingo make at the Myrtle Beach hotel that tips off Mr. Calhoun to Gates' whereabouts. Who else does it tip off, and why are they searching for Gates?
9. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
10. As Raleigh tries to gather everyone to leave Charlotte, where is Gates and what is he doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character description of Mingo. Was he a major character or minor one, static or dynamic? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story and be sure to include definitions of major and minor character.
Essay Topic 2
Name and discuss the items Raleigh was instructed to collect on his scavenger hunt. Write about the purpose of each.
Essay Topic 3
What is an antagonist? Discuss the antagonist of this novel in detail, relating the antagonist specifically to the type of conflict featured in Handling Sin.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)