|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Raleigh's hotel bed after he gets drunk with a singer?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 29, where does the stolen van get stuck?
3. Who bought the fireworks that are used in Part 2, Chapter 26?
4. What is the name of the Atlanta mall that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit?
5. Upon entering a private drive to an estate, who are Raleigh, Gates, and Mingo mistaken to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What one certainty does Raleigh understand about religion and what personal experience helped build that belief?
2. What is the convenience associated with Raleigh's hunt for treasure? Why might his father have planned it this way?
3. What does Mr. Calhoun insist upon even after receiving payment from Gates? Discuss the details, including why it is important to him.
4. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
5. What does Raleigh find when he searches for hidden treasure and what does he decide to do with it?
6. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
7. Where are the characters of this story and what happens when the lights go out in Charlotte?
8. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
9. How has the adventurous scavenger hunt changed Raleigh?
10. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an antagonist? Discuss the antagonist of this novel in detail, relating the antagonist specifically to the type of conflict featured in Handling Sin.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the main characters of this book. Who was the protagonist, and what separates that character from the other main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Raleigh was instructed to "collect" two people as part of his scavenger hunt. Who were they and what importance did they have?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)