|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Gates pretend to play when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive at the rental unit?
2. Which lovers' history is detailed in Part 2, Chapter 27?
3. Where is Mingo to meet Gates and Raleigh after their late night boat trip?
4. Who plays trumpet in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 22, who pretends to be a movie producer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in this novel? Explain the conflict in detail, using both the definition and examples from Handling Sin.
Essay Topic 2
Define falling action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the falling action in this book. How did it flow? What role did the falling action have in the story, and how did it work?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the main characters of this book. Who was the protagonist, and what separates that character from the other main characters?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)