|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jubal go in Part 3, Chapter 34?
2. After close examination, why does Raleigh realize he married his wife?
3. Who is in Raleigh's hotel bed after he gets drunk with a singer?
4. According to his father, where must Raleigh first take Gates?
5. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
2. How has the adventurous scavenger hunt changed Raleigh?
3. What does Raleigh learn that Jubal is doing and what is Jubal's response to Raleigh's request?
4. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
5. How does Raleigh spend his time in Charlotte and what lead does he find?
6. What mistake does Mingo make at the Myrtle Beach hotel that tips off Mr. Calhoun to Gates' whereabouts. Who else does it tip off, and why are they searching for Gates?
7. Discuss the jazz combo that is formed in Part 3, Chapter 33.
8. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
9. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
10. Where are the characters of this story and what happens when the lights go out in Charlotte?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Raleigh was instructed to "collect" two people as part of his scavenger hunt. Who were they and what importance did they have?
Essay Topic 2
Name and discuss the items Raleigh was instructed to collect on his scavenger hunt. Write about the purpose of each.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Raleigh and Gates as major characters in Handling Sin.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)