|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Gates pretend to play when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive at the rental unit?
2. What musical instrument does Weeper play at the revival?
3. What noise is coming from the rental unit when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive?
4. Who do Gates and Raleigh impersonate while the rest of their group sets off fireworks?
5. Where do Calhoun and Gates decide to hold their duel?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's writing experience and his successes of this book, Handling Sin, and his other writings.
Essay Topic 2
Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. Did the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not? Define foreshadowing in your essay as well.
Essay Topic 3
What interests and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Handling Sin? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)