|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who figures out the treasure map, then digs to find it?
2. Where is Gates' motorcycle as he makes the drive to Atlanta?
3. What does Raleigh learn is the name of the young woman that Earley took with him when he left the hospital?
4. Upon entering a private drive to an estate, who are Raleigh, Gates, and Mingo mistaken to be?
5. Where does Jubal go in Part 3, Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
2. What does Raleigh learn that Jubal is doing and what is Jubal's response to Raleigh's request?
3. How does Raleigh spend his time in Charlotte and what lead does he find?
4. Chapter 27 fills in details about Jubal's relationship with Victoria. What are those details?
5. As Raleigh tries to gather everyone to leave Charlotte, where is Gates and what is he doing?
6. Where are the characters of this story and what happens when the lights go out in Charlotte?
7. What is the convenience associated with Raleigh's hunt for treasure? Why might his father have planned it this way?
8. Explain Mr. Calhoun's complaint against Gates.How must Gates make amends?
9. How has Aura changed over the course of the novel?
10. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of Handling Sin. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Handling Sin? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Write a character description of Mingo. Was he a major character or minor one, static or dynamic? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story and be sure to include definitions of major and minor character.
Essay Topic 3
Raleigh was instructed to "collect" two people as part of his scavenger hunt. Who were they and what importance did they have?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)