|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, take them?
2. In the prediction that someone is going to be cheated on by his spouse, with whom is the spouse supposed to be cheating?
3. In what town does Lovie live?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 12, who is out of prison on parole?
5. Who gets drunk and falls into a pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the fight that Raleigh orchestrates at Lovie's party and his need to do so.
2. Who is Jimmy Clay, and what role does he have in explaining Earley's disappearance after leaving the hospital?
3. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
4. After listening to the cassette tape, what delivery does Raleigh get from his father, and how does it arrive?
5. What note does Raleigh find in Chapter 5, and what is the truth of the situation surrounding that note?
6. Which three items does Raleigh learn the whereabouts of during his visit with Victoria? Discuss the whereabouts.
7. Discuss Raleigh's family health history and what he does to avoid the same health problems.
8. How does Raleigh steal the bust from the public library?
9. Discuss Mingo and Vera's weight.
10. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's writing experience and his successes of this book, Handling Sin, and his other writings.
Essay Topic 2
What interests and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in Handling Sin? Explain your answers, giving an overview of the author's life.
Essay Topic 3
What is a genre? Discuss both the genre and sub-genre categories that best describe Handling Sin. Explain your answers.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)