Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual cleaning chore does the janitor do in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. On what floor is Raleigh's office located?
3. What is Mingo's job?
4. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
2. Discuss the "massage parlor" that Mingo visits in Myrtle Beach.
3. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
4. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
5. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
6. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
7. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
8. During Lovie's party, where does Mingo consider running away to, why, and why doesn't he go?
9. Who is Jimmy Clay, and what role does he have in explaining Earley's disappearance after leaving the hospital?
10. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
What is the difference between tone and mood? What was the tone of Handling Sin? What was the mood of it? Was it consistent throughout or did it vary? Define the terms tone and mood and use examples from the text to support your thoughts.
Discuss the author's writing experience and his successes of this book, Handling Sin, and his other writings.
What is an antagonist? Discuss the antagonist of this novel in detail, relating the antagonist specifically to the type of conflict featured in Handling Sin.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)