|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Marines help Raleigh and Mingo when they get lost while driving in Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. Whose house is for sale in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. What is Mingo's job?
4. Who is the note really from that Raleigh discovers in his office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. After the Marines help Raleigh and Mingo, who does Raleigh call from a tavern?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raleigh toss out of his car when he is stopped by a police officer, and what irony surrounds the situation?
2. What do the people of Thermopylae think Earley has done, and why?
3. Why does Raleigh return home in wet, torn clothes after taking a walk in Part 1, Chapter 3? Explain the situation that also arises from the event.
4. After listening to the cassette tape, what delivery does Raleigh get from his father, and how does it arrive?
5. Which three items does Raleigh learn the whereabouts of during his visit with Victoria? Discuss the whereabouts.
6. Discuss Raleigh's family health history and what he does to avoid the same health problems.
7. Explain the first compromising situation in which Mingo mistakenly assumes his wife Vera is having an affair with Raleigh.
8. Why is Raleigh pulled over by a police officer on his way home from the public library? Why does he fear he is being pulled over?
9. Where do Raleigh and Mingo get the car physically stuck, and who helps them out?
10. Who is Jimmy Clay, and what role does he have in explaining Earley's disappearance after leaving the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Raleigh was instructed to "collect" two people as part of his scavenger hunt. Who were they and what importance did they have?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character description of Mingo. Was he a major character or minor one, static or dynamic? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story and be sure to include definitions of major and minor character.
Essay Topic 3
What is an antagonist? Discuss the antagonist of this novel in detail, relating the antagonist specifically to the type of conflict featured in Handling Sin.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)