Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual cleaning chore does the janitor do in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. On what floor is Raleigh's office located?
3. What is Mingo's job?
4. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
2. Discuss the "massage parlor" that Mingo visits in Myrtle Beach.
3. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
4. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
5. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
6. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
7. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
8. During Lovie's party, where does Mingo consider running away to, why, and why doesn't he go?
9. Who is Jimmy Clay, and what role does he have in explaining Earley's disappearance after leaving the hospital?
10. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the main characters of this book. Who was the protagonist, and what separates that character from the other main characters?
Essay Topic 2
There are four points of view in which literature is written: first person, third person objective, third person limited, and omniscient. Which point of view does the author use in this book? Is this the most effective point of view for this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is an antagonist? Discuss the antagonist of this novel in detail, relating the antagonist specifically to the type of conflict featured in Handling Sin.
This section contains 1,370 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)