|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Raleigh and Mingo go when they leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. Where is Raleigh's rental property located?
3. Who is Aura?
4. What is the name of the building where Raleigh works?
5. What is Raleigh reading when the story begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
2. How does Raleigh steal the bust from the public library?
3. Why is Raleigh pulled over by a police officer on his way home from the public library? Why does he fear he is being pulled over?
4. Where are the characters of this story and what happens when the lights go out in Charlotte?
5. What note does Raleigh find in Chapter 5, and what is the truth of the situation surrounding that note?
6. Discuss the difference between Raleigh and Gates.
7. What does Raleigh learn that Jubal is doing and what is Jubal's response to Raleigh's request?
8. Explain the first compromising situation in which Mingo mistakenly assumes his wife Vera is having an affair with Raleigh.
9. What is missing from the murder investigation regarding Bonnie?
10. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Raleigh and Gates as major characters in Handling Sin.
Essay Topic 2
What is an antagonist? Discuss the antagonist of this novel in detail, relating the antagonist specifically to the type of conflict featured in Handling Sin.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's writing experience and his successes of this book, Handling Sin, and his other writings.
This section contains 1,378 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)