|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the janitor in Raleigh's office building?
2. What accent do Caroline and Holly have?
3. Who has the family Bible that Raleigh needs to collect?
4. What is Flonnie's favorite past time while living in the nursing home?
5. Who is with Raleigh when the story begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Raleigh's message of doom in Chapter 1.
2. Explain the fight that Raleigh orchestrates at Lovie's party and his need to do so.
3. Where does Raleigh go to visit Flonnie? What does he buy her, and why?
4. Discuss Raleigh's family health history and what he does to avoid the same health problems.
5. Explain the first compromising situation in which Mingo mistakenly assumes his wife Vera is having an affair with Raleigh.
6. Explain how Raleigh ends up with a second pistol belonging to Mingo.
7. What is missing from the murder investigation regarding Bonnie?
8. What does Raleigh toss out of his car when he is stopped by a police officer, and what irony surrounds the situation?
9. Why does Pierce Jimson leave the property negotiation between him and Raleigh feeling distraught?
10. How do Raleigh and Mingo encounter a van full of hoodlums, and what happens to the money Raleigh's dad gave him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define falling action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the falling action in this book. How did it flow? What role did the falling action have in the story, and how did it work?
Essay Topic 2
Name and discuss the items Raleigh was instructed to collect on his scavenger hunt. Write about the purpose of each.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's writing experience and his successes of this book, Handling Sin, and his other writings.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)