|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mingo to meet Gates and Raleigh after their late night boat trip?
(a) Myrtle Beach.
(b) Kune Beach.
2. Who is kidnapped by the drug cartel in Part 3, Chapter 29?
3. What is Jubal's full-time job?
(a) Taxi driver.
(b) Driver of a horse-drawn carriage.
(d) Clarinet player.
4. In the end, who is forgiven for not trying to keep in touch?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 27, what does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to do?
(a) To have an abortion.
(b) To keep the baby.
(c) To kill herself.
(d) To put the baby up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to explain her reason for leaving town?
2. What does the stalled bus carry that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
3. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
4. Where is the Cadillac the men have used along the journey as they make the drive to Atlanta?
5. What literary term best describes Part 3, Chapters 34-37?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the characters of this story and what happens when the lights go out in Charlotte?
2. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
3. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
4. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
5. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
6. What does Mr. Calhoun insist upon even after receiving payment from Gates? Discuss the details, including why it is important to him.
7. How does Raleigh spend his time in Charlotte and what lead does he find?
8. How does Billie's life change after the gathering in New Orleans?
9. Why was Raleigh's adventurous scavenger hunt orchestrated?
10. What one certainty does Raleigh understand about religion and what personal experience helped build that belief?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)