|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is discovered when digging up the hidden treasure?
(a) It is silver, not gold, that has been buried.
(b) Only one gold coin remains.
(c) Only one gold bar remains.
(d) The money is Confederate bills; worthless today.
2. What is Gates delivering during his late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(c) Counterfeit jewelry.
3. Which relative goes with Jubal when he leaves in Part 3, Chapter 34?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His son.
4. Where do Calhoun and Gates decide to hold their duel?
(a) On the beach.
(b) At Six Flags.
(c) Downtown on Main Street.
(d) At Stone Mountain.
5. What does Toutant Kingstree do with his livestock?
(a) Sells them to be pets.
(b) Keeps them as pets.
(c) Sells the meat for money.
(d) Makes gumbo to sell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Raleigh hoping to find when they leave the estate?
2. Where does Weeper hide in order to leave the revival?
3. Who plays piano in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
4. Who has fallen and has to be pulled back up the mountain in Part 3, Chapter 29?
5. What kind of revival do Raleigh, Gates and Mingo attend in Part 2, Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Mingo make at the Myrtle Beach hotel that tips off Mr. Calhoun to Gates' whereabouts. Who else does it tip off, and why are they searching for Gates?
2. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
3. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
4. Why was Raleigh's adventurous scavenger hunt orchestrated?
5. How does Raleigh spend his time in Charlotte and what lead does he find?
6. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
7. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
8. What does Raleigh find when he searches for hidden treasure and what does he decide to do with it?
9. What one certainty does Raleigh understand about religion and what personal experience helped build that belief?
10. As Raleigh tries to gather everyone to leave Charlotte, where is Gates and what is he doing?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)