|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Gates choose for the duel between him and Calhoun?
2. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the library bust?
(a) It contains a code that might lead to treasure.
(b) The value of its gold construction.
(c) It is a Civil War artifact.
(d) It rightly belongs to the Hayes family.
3. Who plays saxophone in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
4. What literary term best describes Part 3, Chapters 34-37?
(c) Rising action.
(d) Falling action.
5. Where do Calhoun and Gates decide to hold their duel?
(a) On the beach.
(b) At Stone Mountain.
(c) At Six Flags.
(d) Downtown on Main Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men drive to Montgomery. In which state is that located?
2. Where is the Cadillac the men have used along the journey as they make the drive to Atlanta?
3. Where does Weeper hide in order to leave the revival?
4. What instrument does Gates pretend to play when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive at the rental unit?
5. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Calhoun insist upon even after receiving payment from Gates? Discuss the details, including why it is important to him.
2. What is the convenience associated with Raleigh's hunt for treasure? Why might his father have planned it this way?
3. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
4. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
5. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
6. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
7. How does Raleigh spend his time in Charlotte and what lead does he find?
8. How has the adventurous scavenger hunt changed Raleigh?
9. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
10. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)