|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 34, who leaves to begin a new career?
2. Where does Weeper live, at the time of the revival?
(a) In prison.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In an abandoned bus.
(d) On an onion farm.
3. What does Raleigh decide to do with the treasure?
(a) To make amulets for all the participants in the adventure.
(b) Invest in beach rentals.
(c) Start a savings account.
(d) Buy stocks.
4. What is the name of the Atlanta mall that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit?
(a) The Gallery.
(b) The Galleria.
(c) The Mega.
(d) The Omni.
5. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the library bust?
(a) It contains a code that might lead to treasure.
(b) It is a Civil War artifact.
(c) It rightly belongs to the Hayes family.
(d) The value of its gold construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle do Raleigh and his companions drive to Atlanta?
2. Who goes with Gates on a late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
3. Who plays trumpet in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
4. Who gives birth in present day, in Part 2, Chapter 27?
5. How old is Gates when his mother divorces Raleigh's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the jazz combo that is formed in Part 3, Chapter 33.
2. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
3. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
4. Where are the characters of this story and what happens when the lights go out in Charlotte?
5. How does Billie's life change after the gathering in New Orleans?
6. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
7. What one certainty does Raleigh understand about religion and what personal experience helped build that belief?
8. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
9. Discuss the "massage parlor" that Mingo visits in Myrtle Beach.
10. How has the adventurous scavenger hunt changed Raleigh?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)