|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Gates when his mother divorces Raleigh's father?
2. In the end, who is forgiven for not trying to keep in touch?
3. Where does Earley take the friends when they arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(a) To a jazz club.
(b) To Bourbon Street.
(c) To a fancy restaurant.
(d) To a truck stop, for showers.
4. Who figures out the treasure map, then digs to find it?
(a) Raleigh and Aura.
(b) Jubal and Billie.
(c) Mingo and Vera.
(d) Raleigh and Mingo.
5. Where do Raleigh, Gates, Weeper and Mingo go when they leave the estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies on stage in Part 3, Chapter 33?
2. Where do Calhoun and Gates decide to hold their duel?
3. What noise is coming from the rental unit when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive?
4. What does Toutant Kingstree do with his livestock?
5. The men drive to Montgomery. In which state is that located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
2. As Raleigh tries to gather everyone to leave Charlotte, where is Gates and what is he doing?
3. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
4. Discuss the "massage parlor" that Mingo visits in Myrtle Beach.
5. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
6. What mistake does Mingo make at the Myrtle Beach hotel that tips off Mr. Calhoun to Gates' whereabouts. Who else does it tip off, and why are they searching for Gates?
7. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
8. How has Aura changed over the course of the novel?
9. How does Billie's life change after the gathering in New Orleans?
10. What does Raleigh learn that Jubal is doing and what is Jubal's response to Raleigh's request?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)