|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Toutant Kingstree important to Raleigh?
(a) He knows how to play trumpet.
(b) He wants to take guitar lessons from him.
(c) He might know where to find Jubal.
(d) He has the family Bible.
2. Where do Raleigh, Gates, Weeper and Mingo go when they leave the estate?
3. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
4. What kind of revival do Raleigh, Gates and Mingo attend in Part 2, Chapter 20?
5. After close examination, why does Raleigh realize he married his wife?
(a) Because he simply loves her.
(b) For her money.
(c) Because all his friends were getting married.
(d) Because he wasn't getting any younger.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of his old trumpet?
2. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
3. Who sings in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
4. Where is the Cadillac the men have used along the journey as they make the drive to Atlanta?
5. Where does Weeper live, at the time of the revival?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billie's life change after the gathering in New Orleans?
2. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
3. What does Mr. Calhoun insist upon even after receiving payment from Gates? Discuss the details, including why it is important to him.
4. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
5. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
6. Discuss the difference between Raleigh and Gates.
7. What mistake does Mingo make at the Myrtle Beach hotel that tips off Mr. Calhoun to Gates' whereabouts. Who else does it tip off, and why are they searching for Gates?
8. What does Raleigh find when he searches for hidden treasure and what does he decide to do with it?
9. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
10. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)