|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Weeper hide in order to leave the revival?
(a) In his bass case.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a barn.
(d) On a bus.
2. Who surrenders to Raleigh and Gates after the fireworks are set off?
(a) The Sunday School class.
(c) Members of the KKK.
(d) The drug cartel.
3. What does Toutant Kingstree do with his livestock?
(a) Makes gumbo to sell.
(b) Sells the meat for money.
(c) Keeps them as pets.
(d) Sells them to be pets.
4. What literary technique is used in Part 2, Chapter 17 to inform the reader about the past relationship between Raleigh and Gates?
5. Which lovers' history is detailed in Part 2, Chapter 27?
(a) Raleigh and Aura.
(b) Mingo and Vera.
(c) Jubal and Victoria.
(d) Raleigh and Vera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mingo to meet Gates and Raleigh after their late night boat trip?
2. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the library bust?
3. What does the stalled bus carry that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
4. Who slashes tires in Part 2, Chapter 26?
5. Which relative goes with Jubal when he leaves in Part 3, Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
2. What does Mr. Calhoun insist upon even after receiving payment from Gates? Discuss the details, including why it is important to him.
3. What is the convenience associated with Raleigh's hunt for treasure? Why might his father have planned it this way?
4. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
5. Discuss the jazz combo that is formed in Part 3, Chapter 33.
6. What does Raleigh find when he searches for hidden treasure and what does he decide to do with it?
7. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
8. Explain Mr. Calhoun's complaint against Gates.How must Gates make amends?
9. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
10. What mistake does Mingo make at the Myrtle Beach hotel that tips off Mr. Calhoun to Gates' whereabouts. Who else does it tip off, and why are they searching for Gates?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)