|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which couple does Part 3, Chapter 37 discuss and describe?
(a) Raleigh and Aura.
(b) Mingo and Vera.
(c) Earley and Roxanne.
(d) Jubal and Victoria.
2. Where does Earley take the friends when they arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(a) To Bourbon Street.
(b) To a fancy restaurant.
(c) To a truck stop, for showers.
(d) To a jazz club.
3. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the trunk?
(a) To safely hide the family's fortune.
(b) To carry back Creole tea.
(c) To hold the hotel soaps.
(d) The content will explain why his sister gave birth out of town.
4. Who goes with Gates on a late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(a) Mr. Calhoun.
5. Who plays piano in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raleigh decide to do with the treasure?
2. Who plays trumpet in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
3. Who are the two new passengers who tag along with Raleigh, Gates and Mingo as they leave for Atlanta?
4. What does Toutant Kingstree do with his livestock?
5. Chapter 22 is dedicated to descriptions of what town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the convenience associated with Raleigh's hunt for treasure? Why might his father have planned it this way?
2. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
3. Discuss the difference between Raleigh and Gates.
4. How does Billie's life change after the gathering in New Orleans?
5. How does Raleigh spend his time in Charlotte and what lead does he find?
6. What does Mr. Calhoun insist upon even after receiving payment from Gates? Discuss the details, including why it is important to him.
7. Why was Raleigh's adventurous scavenger hunt orchestrated?
8. Chapter 27 fills in details about Jubal's relationship with Victoria. What are those details?
9. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
10. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)