|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is tied up at the end of Part 2, Chapter 26?
(b) Sunday School class members.
(d) Klan members.
2. Which lovers' history is detailed in Part 2, Chapter 27?
(a) Mingo and Vera.
(b) Raleigh and Vera.
(c) Raleigh and Aura.
(d) Jubal and Victoria.
3. What is discovered when digging up the hidden treasure?
(a) Only one gold bar remains.
(b) Only one gold coin remains.
(c) It is silver, not gold, that has been buried.
(d) The money is Confederate bills; worthless today.
4. Where do Calhoun and Gates decide to hold their duel?
(a) Downtown on Main Street.
(b) On the beach.
(c) At Six Flags.
(d) At Stone Mountain.
5. Which relative goes with Jubal when he leaves in Part 3, Chapter 34?
(a) His sister.
(b) His granddaughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Toutant Kingstree play?
2. Which couple does Part 3, Chapter 37 discuss and describe?
3. After close examination, why does Raleigh realize he married his wife?
4. What is Jubal's full-time job?
5. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of his old trumpet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
2. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
3. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
4. What mistake does Mingo make at the Myrtle Beach hotel that tips off Mr. Calhoun to Gates' whereabouts. Who else does it tip off, and why are they searching for Gates?
5. As Raleigh tries to gather everyone to leave Charlotte, where is Gates and what is he doing?
6. Why was Raleigh's adventurous scavenger hunt orchestrated?
7. What one certainty does Raleigh understand about religion and what personal experience helped build that belief?
8. How does Raleigh spend his time in Charlotte and what lead does he find?
9. How has Aura changed over the course of the novel?
10. How has the adventurous scavenger hunt changed Raleigh?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)