|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 29, who steals a van to help rescue a kidnapped friend?
2. What literary term best describes Part 3, Chapters 34-37?
(a) Rising action.
(d) Falling action.
3. What does Raleigh learn is the name of the young woman that Earley took with him when he left the hospital?
4. What accompanies the buried treasure?
(a) A photograph of the general who hid it.
(b) A love letter from the Civil War era.
(c) A letter from a Confederate sergeant.
(d) Pee Wee Jimson's will.
5. What does Raleigh take from the rental cabin to add to his scavenger hunt?
(a) The trunk.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The keys.
(d) The trumpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who surrenders to Raleigh and Gates after the fireworks are set off?
2. Where is Mingo to meet Gates and Raleigh after their late night boat trip?
3. Upon entering a private drive to an estate, who are Raleigh, Gates, and Mingo mistaken to be?
4. Who gets shot on the mountain in Part 3, Chapter 29?
5. Who is Raleigh hoping to find when they leave the estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
2. What does Mr. Calhoun insist upon even after receiving payment from Gates? Discuss the details, including why it is important to him.
3. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
4. How does Raleigh spend his time in Charlotte and what lead does he find?
5. Discuss the "massage parlor" that Mingo visits in Myrtle Beach.
6. As Raleigh tries to gather everyone to leave Charlotte, where is Gates and what is he doing?
7. Discuss the difference between Raleigh and Gates.
8. Chapter 27 fills in details about Jubal's relationship with Victoria. What are those details?
9. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
10. Explain Mr. Calhoun's complaint against Gates.How must Gates make amends?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)