|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has fallen and has to be pulled back up the mountain in Part 3, Chapter 29?
2. Who figures out the treasure map, then digs to find it?
(a) Raleigh and Mingo.
(b) Mingo and Vera.
(c) Raleigh and Aura.
(d) Jubal and Billie.
3. Chapter 22 is dedicated to descriptions of what town?
4. By the end of Part 3, Chapter 30, what is beginning to form among the traveling friends?
(a) A pact.
(b) A jazz combo.
(c) A band of villains.
(d) A club.
5. Who slashes tires in Part 2, Chapter 26?
(a) Mingo and Raleigh.
(b) Gates and Weeper.
(c) Raleigh and Gates.
(d) Gates and Mingo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hotel room does Raleigh accidentally enter during a power outage?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 34, who leaves to begin a new career?
3. How does the drug cartel identify Gates, Raliegh and Mingo?
4. How does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to explain her reason for leaving town?
5. What is the name of the singer that Raleigh almost gets intimate with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
2. Why was Raleigh's adventurous scavenger hunt orchestrated?
3. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
4. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
5. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
6. What is the convenience associated with Raleigh's hunt for treasure? Why might his father have planned it this way?
7. What one certainty does Raleigh understand about religion and what personal experience helped build that belief?
8. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
9. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
10. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)