|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
2. Where is the Cadillac the men have used along the journey as they make the drive to Atlanta?
(a) In storage.
(b) In the semi.
(c) Pulled by the van.
(d) They sold it.
3. How much money will Gates be paid for the delivery he is making on his late night boat trip?
(c) $1.5 million.
4. Upon entering a private drive to an estate, who are Raleigh, Gates, and Mingo mistaken to be?
(a) A band.
(c) The gardeners.
5. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 27, what does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to do?
2. Who surrenders to Raleigh and Gates after the fireworks are set off?
3. Who figures out the treasure map, then digs to find it?
4. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the trunk?
5. What is Jubal's full-time job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raleigh learn that Jubal is doing and what is Jubal's response to Raleigh's request?
2. Discuss the difference between Raleigh and Gates.
3. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
4. Chapter 27 fills in details about Jubal's relationship with Victoria. What are those details?
5. What one certainty does Raleigh understand about religion and what personal experience helped build that belief?
6. Discuss the "massage parlor" that Mingo visits in Myrtle Beach.
7. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
8. How has Aura changed over the course of the novel?
9. Discuss the jazz combo that is formed in Part 3, Chapter 33.
10. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)