|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Gates and Raleigh impersonate while the rest of their group sets off fireworks?
(a) FBI agents.
(d) Escaped inmates.
2. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
3. How old is Gates when his mother divorces Raleigh's father?
4. Where does Earley take the friends when they arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(a) To a fancy restaurant.
(b) To a truck stop, for showers.
(c) To Bourbon Street.
(d) To a jazz club.
5. What does Raleigh learn is the name of the young woman that Earley took with him when he left the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Raleigh's hotel bed after he gets drunk with a singer?
2. According to his father, where must Raleigh first take Gates?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 22, who pretends to be a movie producer?
4. Where is Gates' motorcycle as he makes the drive to Atlanta?
5. Who sings in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 27 fills in details about Jubal's relationship with Victoria. What are those details?
2. Where are the characters of this story and what happens when the lights go out in Charlotte?
3. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
4. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
5. Discuss the jazz combo that is formed in Part 3, Chapter 33.
6. What does Raleigh find when he searches for hidden treasure and what does he decide to do with it?
7. Explain Mr. Calhoun's complaint against Gates.How must Gates make amends?
8. How does Billie's life change after the gathering in New Orleans?
9. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
10. Discuss the difference between Raleigh and Gates.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)