|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the end, who is forgiven for not trying to keep in touch?
2. How much money will Gates be paid for the delivery he is making on his late night boat trip?
(d) $1.5 million.
3. Who slashes tires in Part 2, Chapter 26?
(a) Mingo and Raleigh.
(b) Gates and Weeper.
(c) Gates and Mingo.
(d) Raleigh and Gates.
4. Who gets shot on the mountain in Part 3, Chapter 29?
(d) A cartel member.
5. Who is Raleigh hoping to find when they leave the estate?
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Gates and Raleigh impersonate while the rest of their group sets off fireworks?
2. Upon entering a private drive to an estate, who are Raleigh, Gates, and Mingo mistaken to be?
3. Which relative goes with Jubal when he leaves in Part 3, Chapter 34?
4. What weapon does Gates choose for the duel between him and Calhoun?
5. Who is in Raleigh's hotel bed after he gets drunk with a singer?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Raleigh tries to gather everyone to leave Charlotte, where is Gates and what is he doing?
2. How does Gates intervene in the dance troupe's situation?
3. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
4. How has Aura changed over the course of the novel?
5. What is the convenience associated with Raleigh's hunt for treasure? Why might his father have planned it this way?
6. Explain Mr. Calhoun's complaint against Gates.How must Gates make amends?
7. What mistake does Mingo make at the Myrtle Beach hotel that tips off Mr. Calhoun to Gates' whereabouts. Who else does it tip off, and why are they searching for Gates?
8. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
9. Discuss the difference between Raleigh and Gates.
10. What does Raleigh find when he searches for hidden treasure and what does he decide to do with it?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)