|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to explain her reason for leaving town?
(a) To say she wants to live closer to family.
(b) To say she is changing colleges.
(c) To say she needs a better doctor.
(d) To say she needs more freedom.
2. Which couple does Part 3, Chapter 37 discuss and describe?
(a) Raleigh and Aura.
(b) Jubal and Victoria.
(c) Earley and Roxanne.
(d) Mingo and Vera.
3. Where is Mingo to meet Gates and Raleigh after their late night boat trip?
(c) Kune Beach.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
4. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
5. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the trunk?
(a) To carry back Creole tea.
(b) To hold the hotel soaps.
(c) The content will explain why his sister gave birth out of town.
(d) To safely hide the family's fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Weeper hide in order to leave the revival?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 29, who steals a van to help rescue a kidnapped friend?
3. Who dies on stage in Part 3, Chapter 33?
4. Where is Gates' motorcycle as he makes the drive to Atlanta?
5. In the end, who is forgiven for not trying to keep in touch?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Raleigh tries to gather everyone to leave Charlotte, where is Gates and what is he doing?
2. What does Mr. Calhoun insist upon even after receiving payment from Gates? Discuss the details, including why it is important to him.
3. Chapter 27 fills in details about Jubal's relationship with Victoria. What are those details?
4. What one certainty does Raleigh understand about religion and what personal experience helped build that belief?
5. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
6. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
7. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
8. How does Billie's life change after the gathering in New Orleans?
9. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
10. Why was Raleigh's adventurous scavenger hunt orchestrated?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)