|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raleigh learn is the name of the young woman that Earley took with him when he left the hospital?
2. Where is Mingo to meet Gates and Raleigh after their late night boat trip?
(b) Kune Beach.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
3. Where does Earley take the friends when they arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(a) To a jazz club.
(b) To a fancy restaurant.
(c) To Bourbon Street.
(d) To a truck stop, for showers.
4. In what city do the traveling friends arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(d) New Orleans.
5. Who is kidnapped by the drug cartel in Part 3, Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the drug cartel identify Gates, Raliegh and Mingo?
2. Which relative goes with Jubal when he leaves in Part 3, Chapter 34?
3. What does the stalled bus carry that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
4. How does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to explain her reason for leaving town?
5. What musical instrument does Weeper play at the revival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the characters of this story and what happens when the lights go out in Charlotte?
2. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
3. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
4. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
5. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
6. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
7. What does Raleigh find when he searches for hidden treasure and what does he decide to do with it?
8. Why was Raleigh's adventurous scavenger hunt orchestrated?
9. What does Raleigh learn that Jubal is doing and what is Jubal's response to Raleigh's request?
10. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)