|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stalled bus carry that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
(a) A dance troupe.
(b) An eldery tour group.
(d) A church group.
2. Who is tied up at the end of Part 2, Chapter 26?
(a) Klan members.
(d) Sunday School class members.
3. Which relative goes with Jubal when he leaves in Part 3, Chapter 34?
(a) His mother.
(b) His granddaughter.
(c) His son.
(d) His sister.
4. What musical instrument does Toutant Kingstree play?
5. Who are the two new passengers who tag along with Raleigh, Gates and Mingo as they leave for Atlanta?
(a) Jubal and Weeper.
(b) Toutant and Jubal.
(c) Weeper and Toutant.
(d) Jubal and Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men drive to Montgomery. In which state is that located?
2. According to his father, where must Raleigh first take Gates?
3. What literary technique is used in Part 2, Chapter 17 to inform the reader about the past relationship between Raleigh and Gates?
4. Where does Earley take the friends when they arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
5. In the end, what is Raleigh's biggest change?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
2. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
3. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
4. What is the convenience associated with Raleigh's hunt for treasure? Why might his father have planned it this way?
5. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
6. As Raleigh tries to gather everyone to leave Charlotte, where is Gates and what is he doing?
7. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
8. How has the adventurous scavenger hunt changed Raleigh?
9. What mistake does Mingo make at the Myrtle Beach hotel that tips off Mr. Calhoun to Gates' whereabouts. Who else does it tip off, and why are they searching for Gates?
10. What does Raleigh learn that Jubal is doing and what is Jubal's response to Raleigh's request?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)