|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
(a) That his stepmother is still alive.
(b) That another man does not answer the phone.
(c) That Aura has not been arrested.
(d) That his father has come to his senses.
2. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) At her desk.
(b) In her kitchen at home.
(c) At church,
(d) In a pit at an abandoned construction mine.
3. Why is Raleigh unnerved when he is stopped by a police officer in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Because he is afraid of being arrested on an outstanding warrant.
(b) Because he has just stolen the bust from the library.
(c) Because he doesn't want his insurance to increase.
(d) Because he isn't wearing his driving glasses.
4. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
5. Who has the family Bible that Raleigh needs to collect?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Victoria Hayes?
2. Who is the note really from that Raleigh discovers in his office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. In what town does Lovie live?
4. Where does Mingo work?
5. What is Caroline doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1:Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. After listening to the cassette tape, what delivery does Raleigh get from his father, and how does it arrive?
2. Discuss Raleigh's family health history and what he does to avoid the same health problems.
3. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Raleigh return home in wet, torn clothes after taking a walk in Part 1, Chapter 3? Explain the situation that also arises from the event.
5. What do the people of Thermopylae think Earley has done, and why?
6. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
7. Explain the first compromising situation in which Mingo mistakenly assumes his wife Vera is having an affair with Raleigh.
8. What note does Raleigh find in Chapter 5, and what is the truth of the situation surrounding that note?
9. Explain who solves Raleigh and Mingo's car problem after leaving Lovie's party and the payment taken for that solution.
10. Who and what does Raleigh's father want him to gather to bring to him in another state?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)