|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the family Bible that Raleigh needs to collect?
2. Where, ironically, do the items land that are tossed by Raleigh out of his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) In Mingo's yard.
(b) Near the abandoned construction site.
(c) In the police station parking lot.
(d) On the hood of a police car.
3. Who is Lovie's son?
4. Who is supposed to have the trumpet that Raleigh needs to retrieve?
5. Where does the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, actually take them?
(a) To New York.
(b) To a swamp.
(c) To a dead end road.
(d) To Boston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car does Raleigh own in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. From what Raleigh learns in Part 1, Chapter 2, where does Earley want Raleigh to meet him?
3. Who does Raleigh credit for his desire to be an upstanding citizen?
4. What does Raleigh toss from his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. How does Raleigh enter the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pierce Jimson leave the property negotiation between him and Raleigh feeling distraught?
2. What does Raleigh toss out of his car when he is stopped by a police officer, and what irony surrounds the situation?
3. Which three items does Raleigh learn the whereabouts of during his visit with Victoria? Discuss the whereabouts.
4. What note does Raleigh find in Chapter 5, and what is the truth of the situation surrounding that note?
5. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
6. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
7. Discuss Raleigh's family health history and what he does to avoid the same health problems.
8. After listening to the cassette tape, what delivery does Raleigh get from his father, and how does it arrive?
9. Where do Raleigh and Mingo get the car physically stuck, and who helps them out?
10. Why does Raleigh return home in wet, torn clothes after taking a walk in Part 1, Chapter 3? Explain the situation that also arises from the event.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)