|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the land that Raleigh sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Pierce Jimson.
(b) Pee Wee Brosnan.
(c) Jim Pierce.
(d) Pierce Brosnan.
2. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
3. Who has been Raleigh's friend since childhood?
4. Who does Raleigh credit for his desire to be an upstanding citizen?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
5. Who is Aura?
(a) Jubal's daughter.
(b) Victoria's granddaughter.
(c) Mingo's wife.
(d) Raleigh's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hiding out in Raleigh's rental property?
2. Who is supposed to have the trumpet that Raleigh needs to retrieve?
3. Who is Lovie's son?
4. What does Raleigh toss from his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. Who gets drunk and falls into a pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the legend of Major General Goodrich Hays, C.S.A., and Raleigh's connection to it.
2. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
3. Which three items does Raleigh learn the whereabouts of during his visit with Victoria? Discuss the whereabouts.
4. Who is Jimmy Clay, and what role does he have in explaining Earley's disappearance after leaving the hospital?
5. Explain how Raleigh ends up with a second pistol belonging to Mingo.
6. What does Raleigh toss out of his car when he is stopped by a police officer, and what irony surrounds the situation?
7. What is missing from the murder investigation regarding Bonnie?
8. Explain the fight that Raleigh orchestrates at Lovie's party and his need to do so.
9. How does Raleigh steal the bust from the public library?
10. What is Raleigh's relationship with Mingo, as the story begins in Chapter 1?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)