|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the janitor in Raleigh's office building?
(a) Bill Pierson.
(b) Bill Kaiser.
(c) Bill Jenkins.
(d) Bill Jimson.
2. What does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) The feminest movement.
(b) Homosexual issues.
(d) Nixon's impeachment.
3. What is Raleigh reading when the story begins?
(a) A fortune cookie.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Restroom wall graffiti.
(d) A business magazine.
4. Who goes with Raleigh and Mingo to Lovie's house?
5. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been Raleigh's friend since childhood?
2. What does Raleigh steal from the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
3. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
4. Whose slacks get ripped in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Which engine component gives Raleigh car trouble in the Pinto in which he leaves Lovie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
2. Discuss the jazz combo that is formed in Part 3, Chapter 33.
3. How does Raleigh spend his time in Charlotte and what lead does he find?
4. Explain the legend of Major General Goodrich Hays, C.S.A., and Raleigh's connection to it.
5. Explain Mr. Calhoun's complaint against Gates.How must Gates make amends?
6. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
7. Where do Raleigh and Mingo get the car physically stuck, and who helps them out?
8. What note does Raleigh find in Chapter 5, and what is the truth of the situation surrounding that note?
9. Why does Raleigh return home in wet, torn clothes after taking a walk in Part 1, Chapter 3? Explain the situation that also arises from the event.
10. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)