|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
2. What does Earley leave for Raleigh at the hospital in Part 1:Chapter 2?
(a) A letter in a sealed envelope.
(b) A cassette tape-recorded message.
(c) A video recorded on beta.
(d) Instructions for feeding his cat.
3. Who owns the land that Raleigh sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Pierce Brosnan.
(b) Jim Pierce.
(c) Pierce Jimson.
(d) Pee Wee Brosnan.
4. Who is Bonnie Ellen?
(a) Raleigh's favorite aunt.
(b) Raleigh's sister.
(c) Raleigh's mother.
(d) Raleigh's secretary.
5. Whose home does Raleigh visit in Part 1, Chapter 6 to retrieve the trunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the janitor in Raleigh's office building?
2. What does Mingo do in Part 1, Chapter 7 that he has never before done?
3. On which route do Raleigh and Mingo think they are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16?
4. Who are Caroline and Holly?
5. What does Raleigh toss from his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain who solves Raleigh and Mingo's car problem after leaving Lovie's party and the payment taken for that solution.
2. Where does Raleigh go to visit Flonnie? What does he buy her, and why?
3. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
4. What do the people of Thermopylae think Earley has done, and why?
5. What is the importance of a cassette tape in Handling Sin?
6. How does Raleigh steal the bust from the public library?
7. Discuss Mingo and Vera's weight.
8. What is Raleigh's relationship with Mingo, as the story begins in Chapter 1?
9. Explain the first compromising situation in which Mingo mistakenly assumes his wife Vera is having an affair with Raleigh.
10. What does Raleigh toss out of his car when he is stopped by a police officer, and what irony surrounds the situation?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)