Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual cleaning chore does the janitor do in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Carpet stain removal.
(b) Removes Bonnie's body.
(c) Cleans the windows.
(d) Mops the floor.
2. On what floor is Raleigh's office located?
3. What is Mingo's job?
(a) Furniture salesman.
(b) Insurance salesman.
(c) Window dresser.
4. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) At church,
(b) In her kitchen at home.
(c) In a pit at an abandoned construction mine.
(d) At her desk.
5. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
(a) That another man does not answer the phone.
(b) That his stepmother is still alive.
(c) That Aura has not been arrested.
(d) That his father has come to his senses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Caroline and Holly?
2. Whose house is for sale in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. What kind of seasonal displays does Mingo create?
4. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to be cheated on by his spouse?
5. What are police investigating in Part 1, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men meet a dancer on their way to Atlanta? What is the dancer's situation?
2. Discuss the "massage parlor" that Mingo visits in Myrtle Beach.
3. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
4. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
5. What case of mistaken identity does the drug cartel make on the mountain, and how do they act upon it?
6. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
7. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
8. During Lovie's party, where does Mingo consider running away to, why, and why doesn't he go?
9. Who is Jimmy Clay, and what role does he have in explaining Earley's disappearance after leaving the hospital?
10. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)