|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which engine component gives Raleigh car trouble in the Pinto in which he leaves Lovie's house?
(a) The axel.
(b) A rod.
(c) A point.
(d) A spark plug.
2. What are police investigating in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Bonnie's murder.
(b) A break-in at the library.
(c) The theft of the bust.
(d) A littering sting.
3. What does Raleigh steal from the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A bust of Pee Wee Jimson.
(c) A book about town myths and legends.
(d) A book about Confederate treasures.
4. Who owns the land that Raleigh sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Pierce Brosnan.
(b) Pierce Jimson.
(c) Jim Pierce.
(d) Pee Wee Brosnan.
5. What is Holly doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Washing her car with her sister.
(b) Practicing cheerleading.
(c) Mowing her lawn.
(d) Working on a car with a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
2. In the prediction that someone is going to be cheated on by his spouse, with whom is the spouse supposed to be cheating?
3. Where is Raleigh when the story begins?
4. Who is Raleigh's namesake?
5. Where do Raleigh and Mingo spend the night after hoodlums rob them in the rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raleigh toss out of his car when he is stopped by a police officer, and what irony surrounds the situation?
2. What do the people of Thermopylae think Earley has done, and why?
3. Why is Earley in the hospital at the beginning of the story, and how does he leave?
4. What is the importance of a cassette tape in Handling Sin?
5. Which three items does Raleigh learn the whereabouts of during his visit with Victoria? Discuss the whereabouts.
6. What note does Raleigh find in Chapter 5, and what is the truth of the situation surrounding that note?
7. Who and what does Raleigh's father want him to gather to bring to him in another state?
8. What is Raleigh's perspective of Pee Wee Jimson? What item representing Pee Wee does Raleigh's father want him to collect?
9. Where do Raleigh and Mingo get the car physically stuck, and who helps them out?
10. What is Raleigh's relationship with Mingo, as the story begins in Chapter 1?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)