|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who borrows Vera's car in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. From what Raleigh learns in Part 1, Chapter 2, where does Earley want Raleigh to meet him?
(a) In Charlotte.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In Atlanta.
(d) In Mayberry.
3. Who is supposed to have the trumpet that Raleigh needs to retrieve?
4. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
(a) That Aura has not been arrested.
(b) That another man does not answer the phone.
(c) That his stepmother is still alive.
(d) That his father has come to his senses.
5. How does Raleigh enter the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through an air duct.
(c) Through the back door.
(d) Through a stormwater tunnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prediction that someone is going to be cheated on by his spouse, with whom is the spouse supposed to be cheating?
2. What unusual cleaning chore does the janitor do in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Who does Raleigh credit for his desire to be an upstanding citizen?
4. Where is the trunk that Raleigh is trying to retrieve in Part 1, Chapter 6?
5. Who is Bonnie Ellen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raleigh feel about Aura's TV appearance when he sees her on television during his visit with Flossie, and why?
2. Explain how Raleigh ends up with a second pistol belonging to Mingo.
3. Who and what does Raleigh's father want him to gather to bring to him in another state?
4. What is Raleigh's perspective of Pee Wee Jimson? What item representing Pee Wee does Raleigh's father want him to collect?
5. Where do Raleigh and Mingo get the car physically stuck, and who helps them out?
6. Why does Raleigh return home in wet, torn clothes after taking a walk in Part 1, Chapter 3? Explain the situation that also arises from the event.
7. After listening to the cassette tape, what delivery does Raleigh get from his father, and how does it arrive?
8. Explain the legend of Major General Goodrich Hays, C.S.A., and Raleigh's connection to it.
9. What note does Raleigh find in Chapter 5, and what is the truth of the situation surrounding that note?
10. Explain who solves Raleigh and Mingo's car problem after leaving Lovie's party and the payment taken for that solution.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)