|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Raleigh and Mingo to leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) They leave with strange women.
(b) They run out of money.
(c) A fight breaks out.
(d) Police raid.
2. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
3. What unusual cleaning chore does the janitor do in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Mops the floor.
(b) Removes Bonnie's body.
(c) Cleans the windows.
(d) Carpet stain removal.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how much money does Raleigh pay for the property he sets out to buy?
5. In the prediction that someone is going to be cheated on by his spouse, with whom is the spouse supposed to be cheating?
(a) Mingo's best friend.
(b) Vera's best friend.
(c) Aura's best friend.
(d) Raleigh's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raleigh credit for his desire to be an upstanding citizen?
2. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
3. What kind of seasonal displays does Mingo create?
4. Whose house is for sale in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. What does Raleigh steal from the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the difference between Raleigh and Gates.
2. Explain the prison escape that occurs as a result of the tent revival that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit.
3. How has the adventurous scavenger hunt changed Raleigh?
4. How does Billie's life change after the gathering in New Orleans?
5. What one certainty does Raleigh understand about religion and what personal experience helped build that belief?
6. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
7. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
8. Explain who solves Raleigh and Mingo's car problem after leaving Lovie's party and the payment taken for that solution.
9. Why is Earley in the hospital at the beginning of the story, and how does he leave?
10. Describe where Toutant lives. What does he say about his unusual surroundings and what is the truth about them?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)