|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are police investigating in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) A break-in at the library.
(b) Bonnie's murder.
(c) A littering sting.
(d) The theft of the bust.
2. What is the name of Raleigh's uncle, from whom he received his middle name?
3. Which engine component gives Raleigh car trouble in the Pinto in which he leaves Lovie's house?
(a) The axel.
(b) A rod.
(c) A point.
(d) A spark plug.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who is having an affair with Lizzie Joyner?
5. What does Mingo do in Part 1, Chapter 7 that he has never before done?
(a) Climbs to the top of playground monkey bars.
(b) Goes down a playground slide.
(c) Eats a corndog from a street vendor at the playground.
(d) Jumps from a playground swing.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
3. What is the name of the building where Raleigh works?
4. What does Raleigh refer to as Knoll Pond?
5. Who does Raleigh see when he is on his way to commit the theft in Part 1, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
2. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
3. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
4. What is Raleigh's relationship with Mingo, as the story begins in Chapter 1?
5. Why is Earley in the hospital at the beginning of the story, and how does he leave?
6. Which three items does Raleigh learn the whereabouts of during his visit with Victoria? Discuss the whereabouts.
7. Explain how Raleigh ends up with a second pistol belonging to Mingo.
8. What do the people of Thermopylae think Earley has done, and why?
9. How does Raleigh feel about Aura's TV appearance when he sees her on television during his visit with Flossie, and why?
10. What is Raleigh's perspective of Pee Wee Jimson? What item representing Pee Wee does Raleigh's father want him to collect?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)