|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is skinny-dipping in the community pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Vera and Raleigh.
(b) Aura and Mingo.
(c) Vera and Mingo.
(d) Raleigh and Aura.
2. What does Raleigh take from Mingo before entering the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) His phone number.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A hat.
(d) The pistol he was going to use to commit suicide.
3. How old are Caroline and Holly?
(b) 19 and 15.
(c) 14 and 16.
(d) 13 and 17.
4. What does Raleigh refer to as Knoll Pond?
(a) The subdivision in which he lives.
(b) The town in which Victoria lives.
(c) The neighborhood in which Lovie lives.
(d) The property he bought from Jimson.
5. Who is Bonnie Ellen?
(a) Raleigh's mother.
(b) Raleigh's favorite aunt.
(c) Raleigh's secretary.
(d) Raleigh's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house is for sale in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of the building where Raleigh works?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who is having an affair with Lizzie Joyner?
4. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
5. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
Short Essay Questions
1. During Lovie's party, where does Mingo consider running away to, why, and why doesn't he go?
2. What is Raleigh's relationship with Mingo, as the story begins in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Raleigh go to visit Flonnie? What does he buy her, and why?
4. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
5. Explain Mr. Calhoun's complaint against Gates.How must Gates make amends?
6. What is ironic when Raleigh abandons his golf cart at the mountain?
7. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
8. Who is Jimmy Clay, and what role does he have in explaining Earley's disappearance after leaving the hospital?
9. Why is Earley in the hospital at the beginning of the story, and how does he leave?
10. Who keeps the men from getting arrested at the mountain, and how?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)