|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Earley leave for Raleigh at the hospital in Part 1:Chapter 2?
(a) A letter in a sealed envelope.
(b) A cassette tape-recorded message.
(c) Instructions for feeding his cat.
(d) A video recorded on beta.
2. Who is Vera?
(a) Lovie's daughter.
(b) Mingo's wife.
(c) Raleigh's wife.
(d) Victoria's granddaughter.
3. What is Mingo's job?
(b) Furniture salesman.
(c) Window dresser.
(d) Insurance salesman.
4. Whose home does Raleigh visit in Part 1, Chapter 6 to retrieve the trunk?
5. Whose slacks get ripped in Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raleigh see on TV while visiting Flonnie in a nursing home?
2. How do the people of Raleigh's hometown view the story regarding the land that he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. Why is Raleigh unnerved when he is stopped by a police officer in Part 1, Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of Raleigh's uncle, from whom he received his middle name?
5. How does Raleigh enter the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Raleigh ends up with a second pistol belonging to Mingo.
2. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
3. Why does Raleigh return home in wet, torn clothes after taking a walk in Part 1, Chapter 3? Explain the situation that also arises from the event.
4. What is Raleigh's perspective of Pee Wee Jimson? What item representing Pee Wee does Raleigh's father want him to collect?
5. Explain the fight that Raleigh orchestrates at Lovie's party and his need to do so.
6. Which three items does Raleigh learn the whereabouts of during his visit with Victoria? Discuss the whereabouts.
7. What note does Raleigh find in Chapter 5, and what is the truth of the situation surrounding that note?
8. How do Raleigh and Mingo encounter a van full of hoodlums, and what happens to the money Raleigh's dad gave him?
9. Explain the legend of Major General Goodrich Hays, C.S.A., and Raleigh's connection to it.
10. Why is Raleigh pulled over by a police officer on his way home from the public library? Why does he fear he is being pulled over?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)