|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Raleigh's job?
(b) Insurance salesman.
(c) Retail clerk.
2. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
3. Who does Raleigh call from a pay phone in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) His father.
(c) His aunt.
4. Who is skinny-dipping in the community pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Vera and Raleigh.
(b) Vera and Mingo.
(c) Raleigh and Aura.
(d) Aura and Mingo.
5. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. Who owns the land that Raleigh sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. Whose trunk is Raleigh trying to retrieve at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. Why is Raleigh stopped by police in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. Where does Mingo work?
Short Essay Questions
1. During Lovie's party, where does Mingo consider running away to, why, and why doesn't he go?
2. Which three items does Raleigh learn the whereabouts of during his visit with Victoria? Discuss the whereabouts.
3. Explain how Raleigh ends up with a second pistol belonging to Mingo.
4. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
5. Explain Raleigh's message of doom in Chapter 1.
6. Where does Raleigh go to visit Flonnie? What does he buy her, and why?
7. What is Raleigh's perspective of Pee Wee Jimson? What item representing Pee Wee does Raleigh's father want him to collect?
8. What do the people of Thermopylae think Earley has done, and why?
9. Why is Raleigh pulled over by a police officer on his way home from the public library? Why does he fear he is being pulled over?
10. What does Raleigh toss out of his car when he is stopped by a police officer, and what irony surrounds the situation?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)