|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Raleigh when the story begins?
2. In the prediction that someone is going to be cheated on by his spouse, with whom is the spouse supposed to be cheating?
(a) Vera's best friend.
(b) Raleigh's best friend.
(c) Mingo's best friend.
(d) Aura's best friend.
3. What is the name of the building where Raleigh works?
(a) Trump Building.
(b) Forbes Building.
(c) Hilton Towers.
(d) Sears Building.
4. Who owns the Cadillac that was driven to a service station in Part 1, Chapter 12?
5. In what town does Lovie live?
(c) Knoll Pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Raleigh when the story begins?
2. Which engine component gives Raleigh car trouble in the Pinto in which he leaves Lovie's house?
3. Who is Aura?
4. Who does Raleigh see on TV while visiting Flonnie in a nursing home?
5. What does Raleigh steal from the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. After listening to the cassette tape, what delivery does Raleigh get from his father, and how does it arrive?
2. What is the importance of Raleigh's scavenger hunt items as explained by his father in Part 3, Chapter 32?
3. What one certainty does Raleigh understand about religion and what personal experience helped build that belief?
4. What is Raleigh's relationship with Mingo, as the story begins in Chapter 1?
5. What is the convenience associated with Raleigh's hunt for treasure? Why might his father have planned it this way?
6. Who and what does Raleigh's father want him to gather to bring to him in another state?
7. What does Raleigh find when he searches for hidden treasure and what does he decide to do with it?
8. What is the importance of a cassette tape in Handling Sin?
9. Why is Gates' excuse for the estate owners whose private driveway he enters important to the men's adventure?
10. Discuss why Gates rushes into a private driveway of an estate and the excuse that he gives the estate owners.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)