|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the land that Raleigh sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Pee Wee Brosnan.
(b) Pierce Jimson.
(c) Pierce Brosnan.
(d) Jim Pierce.
2. What physical characteristic best describes Mingo?
3. In the prediction that someone is going to be cheated on by his spouse, with whom is the spouse supposed to be cheating?
(a) Mingo's best friend.
(b) Vera's best friend.
(c) Aura's best friend.
(d) Raleigh's best friend.
4. Where do Raleigh and Mingo spend the night after hoodlums rob them in the rain?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a convent.
(c) In a ratty hotel.
(d) In a nice hotel.
5. Who is the janitor in Raleigh's office building?
(a) Bill Kaiser.
(b) Bill Jenkins.
(c) Bill Jimson.
(d) Bill Pierson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What key element is missing from the police investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. Who are Caroline and Holly?
3. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
4. Where, ironically, do the items land that are tossed by Raleigh out of his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. Where does the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, actually take them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of a cassette tape in Handling Sin?
2. Explain the legend of Major General Goodrich Hays, C.S.A., and Raleigh's connection to it.
3. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
4. What is Raleigh's relationship with Mingo, as the story begins in Chapter 1?
5. During Lovie's party, where does Mingo consider running away to, why, and why doesn't he go?
6. Who and what does Raleigh's father want him to gather to bring to him in another state?
7. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
8. Why does Raleigh return home in wet, torn clothes after taking a walk in Part 1, Chapter 3? Explain the situation that also arises from the event.
9. Where do Raleigh and Mingo get the car physically stuck, and who helps them out?
10. What is Raleigh's perspective of Pee Wee Jimson? What item representing Pee Wee does Raleigh's father want him to collect?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)