|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to legend, may be buried near Raleigh's hometown on the property he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A Union soldier.
(b) Confederate gold.
(c) Confederate bills.
(d) A map to Confederate treasure.
2. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) In a pit at an abandoned construction mine.
(b) In her kitchen at home.
(c) At church,
(d) At her desk.
3. What causes Raleigh and Mingo to leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) They run out of money.
(b) A fight breaks out.
(c) They leave with strange women.
(d) Police raid.
4. Who gets drunk and falls into a pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Whose home does Raleigh visit in Part 1, Chapter 6 to retrieve the trunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mingo locks the keys inside the Cadillac, who unlocks it for them?
2. Who does Raleigh see when he is on his way to commit the theft in Part 1, Chapter 7?
3. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
4. What are police investigating in Part 1, Chapter 9?
5. What Marine camp is nearby when Raleigh and Mingo get lost while driving in Part 2, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
2. Where do Raleigh and Mingo get the car physically stuck, and who helps them out?
3. What is Raleigh's perspective of Pee Wee Jimson? What item representing Pee Wee does Raleigh's father want him to collect?
4. Who is Jimmy Clay, and what role does he have in explaining Earley's disappearance after leaving the hospital?
5. Explain how Raleigh ends up with a second pistol belonging to Mingo.
6. What is the importance of a cassette tape in Handling Sin?
7. Why is Earley in the hospital at the beginning of the story, and how does he leave?
8. What is missing from the murder investigation regarding Bonnie?
9. How does Raleigh feel about Aura's TV appearance when he sees her on television during his visit with Flossie, and why?
10. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)