|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raleigh take from Mingo before entering the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) A hat.
(b) His phone number.
(c) The pistol he was going to use to commit suicide.
(d) A flashlight.
2. Where is the trunk that Raleigh is trying to retrieve in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) In Pierce's garage.
(b) In Lovie's attic.
(c) In Victoria's basement.
(d) In Earley's bedroom.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how much money does Raleigh pay for the property he sets out to buy?
4. Who has driven a Cadillac to a service station in Part 1, Chapter 12, looking for a missing car?
5. Who is Vera?
(a) Lovie's daughter.
(b) Raleigh's wife.
(c) Victoria's granddaughter.
(d) Mingo's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fears the police are looking for him in regards to their investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. What is Mingo's job?
3. After the Marines help Raleigh and Mingo, who does Raleigh call from a tavern?
4. How do Marines help Raleigh and Mingo when they get lost while driving in Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. What causes Raleigh and Mingo to leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Raleigh return home in wet, torn clothes after taking a walk in Part 1, Chapter 3? Explain the situation that also arises from the event.
2. What specific instructions does Raleigh's father give him regarding Gates, and why?
3. Explain the fight that Raleigh orchestrates at Lovie's party and his need to do so.
4. What is Raleigh's relationship with Mingo, as the story begins in Chapter 1?
5. How does Raleigh steal the bust from the public library?
6. Why does Pierce Jimson leave the property negotiation between him and Raleigh feeling distraught?
7. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
8. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
9. After listening to the cassette tape, what delivery does Raleigh get from his father, and how does it arrive?
10. What is the importance of a cassette tape in Handling Sin?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)