|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raleigh take from Mingo before entering the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) A hat.
(b) His phone number.
(c) The pistol he was going to use to commit suicide.
(d) A flashlight.
2. Where is Raleigh's rental property located?
(a) Kure Beach.
(b) Diamondhead Beach.
(c) Myrtle Beach.
(d) Panama City Beach.
3. Why is Raleigh stopped by police in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) For littering.
(b) For killing Bonnie.
(c) For stealing the bust.
(d) For making an illegal U-turn.
4. Which engine component gives Raleigh car trouble in the Pinto in which he leaves Lovie's house?
(a) A point.
(b) A spark plug.
(c) A rod.
(d) The axel.
5. What unusual cleaning chore does the janitor do in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Mops the floor.
(b) Cleans the windows.
(c) Removes Bonnie's body.
(d) Carpet stain removal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Raleigh's job?
2. Who is skinny-dipping in the community pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. Who is Vera?
4. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Raleigh's perspective of Pee Wee Jimson? What item representing Pee Wee does Raleigh's father want him to collect?
2. Who and what does Raleigh's father want him to gather to bring to him in another state?
3. Who is Jimmy Clay, and what role does he have in explaining Earley's disappearance after leaving the hospital?
4. What do the people of Thermopylae think Earley has done, and why?
5. Explain who solves Raleigh and Mingo's car problem after leaving Lovie's party and the payment taken for that solution.
6. Explain Raleigh's message of doom in Chapter 1.
7. Why does Pierce Jimson leave the property negotiation between him and Raleigh feeling distraught?
8. How do Raleigh and Mingo encounter a van full of hoodlums, and what happens to the money Raleigh's dad gave him?
9. How does Raleigh steal the bust from the public library?
10. Explain the fight that Raleigh orchestrates at Lovie's party and his need to do so.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)