|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Nixon's impeachment.
(b) The feminest movement.
(c) Homosexual issues.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how much money does Raleigh pay for the property he sets out to buy?
3. Who are Caroline and Holly?
(a) The neighbor's kids.
(b) Mingo's younger sisters.
(c) Raleigh's twin daughters.
(d) Jubal's granddaughters.
4. Who has driven a Cadillac to a service station in Part 1, Chapter 12, looking for a missing car?
5. Who does Raleigh call from a pay phone in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(b) His father.
(c) His aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raleigh unnerved when he is stopped by a police officer in Part 1, Chapter 8?
2. What kind of seasonal displays does Mingo create?
3. In what time frame is this book set?
4. Who is Earley?
5. Whose home does Raleigh visit in Part 1, Chapter 6 to retrieve the trunk?
Short Essay Questions
1. During Lovie's party, where does Mingo consider running away to, why, and why doesn't he go?
2. What is Raleigh's perspective of Pee Wee Jimson? What item representing Pee Wee does Raleigh's father want him to collect?
3. What does Raleigh toss out of his car when he is stopped by a police officer, and what irony surrounds the situation?
4. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
5. Explain who solves Raleigh and Mingo's car problem after leaving Lovie's party and the payment taken for that solution.
6. What is the importance of a cassette tape in Handling Sin?
7. How does Raleigh steal the bust from the public library?
8. Discuss Raleigh's family health history and what he does to avoid the same health problems.
9. Discuss Mingo and Vera's weight.
10. After listening to the cassette tape, what delivery does Raleigh get from his father, and how does it arrive?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)