|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Holly doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Practicing cheerleading.
(b) Working on a car with a boy.
(c) Washing her car with her sister.
(d) Mowing her lawn.
2. What does Raleigh toss from his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Mingo's guns.
(b) Candy wrappers.
(c) The note from his father.
(d) His cell phone.
3. How do Marines help Raleigh and Mingo when they get lost while driving in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) They offer them gold bars.
(b) They rescue them from a gator.
(c) They protect them in a shoot out.
(d) They move the stuck car to solid ground.
4. Why is Raleigh stopped by police in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) For stealing the bust.
(b) For littering.
(c) For making an illegal U-turn.
(d) For killing Bonnie.
5. Who is Bonnie Ellen?
(a) Raleigh's secretary.
(b) Raleigh's favorite aunt.
(c) Raleigh's sister.
(d) Raleigh's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caroline doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1:Chapter 2?
2. Whose trunk is Raleigh trying to retrieve at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
3. What is Raleigh's job?
4. What does Raleigh receive from Earley in a brown paper bag?
5. Who has driven a Cadillac to a service station in Part 1, Chapter 12, looking for a missing car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Mingo and Vera's weight.
2. Explain the legend of Major General Goodrich Hays, C.S.A., and Raleigh's connection to it.
3. What do the people of Thermopylae think Earley has done, and why?
4. Explain Raleigh's message of doom in Chapter 1.
5. Why is Earley in the hospital at the beginning of the story, and how does he leave?
6. What angers Raleigh at Lovie's party? Explain the situation.
7. Where do Raleigh and Mingo get the car physically stuck, and who helps them out?
8. Discuss Raleigh's family health history and what he does to avoid the same health problems.
9. What is the importance of a cassette tape in Handling Sin?
10. Why does Raleigh return home in wet, torn clothes after taking a walk in Part 1, Chapter 3? Explain the situation that also arises from the event.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)