|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Marines help Raleigh and Mingo, who does Raleigh call from a tavern?
2. Who borrows Vera's car in Part 1, Chapter 9?
3. Who is with Raleigh when the story begins?
4. Who owns the land that Raleigh sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Jim Pierce.
(b) Pierce Jimson.
(c) Pee Wee Brosnan.
(d) Pierce Brosnan.
5. Why is Raleigh stopped by police in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) For killing Bonnie.
(b) For making an illegal U-turn.
(c) For stealing the bust.
(d) For littering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Raleigh when the story begins?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 12, who is out of prison on parole?
3. Who gets drunk and falls into a pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. Who pulls a gun on someone in a borrowed car in Part 1, Chapter 9?
5. What are police investigating in Part 1, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Raleigh go to visit Flonnie? What does he buy her, and why?
2. During Lovie's party, where does Mingo consider running away to, why, and why doesn't he go?
3. Why is Earley in the hospital at the beginning of the story, and how does he leave?
4. What does Raleigh toss out of his car when he is stopped by a police officer, and what irony surrounds the situation?
5. Who is Jimmy Clay, and what role does he have in explaining Earley's disappearance after leaving the hospital?
6. Where do Raleigh and Mingo get the car physically stuck, and who helps them out?
7. How does Raleigh feel about Aura's TV appearance when he sees her on television during his visit with Flossie, and why?
8. Explain how Raleigh ends up with a second pistol belonging to Mingo.
9. After listening to the cassette tape, what delivery does Raleigh get from his father, and how does it arrive?
10. Why is Raleigh pulled over by a police officer on his way home from the public library? Why does he fear he is being pulled over?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)