|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Raleigh's rental property located?
(a) Diamondhead Beach.
(b) Myrtle Beach.
(c) Panama City Beach.
(d) Kure Beach.
2. Who does Raleigh see when he is on his way to commit the theft in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(d) His son.
3. What does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Nixon's impeachment.
(c) Homosexual issues.
(d) The feminest movement.
4. In what time frame is this book set?
(a) Late 1970s to early 1980s.
(b) Late 1960s to early 1970s.
(c) Mid 1950s.
(d) Present day.
5. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raleigh stopped by police in Part 1, Chapter 8?
2. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to fall to pieces by the end of the month?
3. On which route do Raleigh and Mingo think they are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16?
4. What causes Raleigh and Mingo to leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to be cheated on by his spouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the misunderstanding that Raleigh's janitor has in Chapter 5?
2. What is Raleigh's perspective of Pee Wee Jimson? What item representing Pee Wee does Raleigh's father want him to collect?
3. Where does Raleigh go to visit Flonnie? What does he buy her, and why?
4. After listening to the cassette tape, what delivery does Raleigh get from his father, and how does it arrive?
5. What does Raleigh toss out of his car when he is stopped by a police officer, and what irony surrounds the situation?
6. How do Raleigh and Mingo encounter a van full of hoodlums, and what happens to the money Raleigh's dad gave him?
7. What note does Raleigh find in Chapter 5, and what is the truth of the situation surrounding that note?
8. Discuss Mingo and Vera's weight.
9. Explain Raleigh's message of doom in Chapter 1.
10. Why is Earley in the hospital at the beginning of the story, and how does he leave?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)