|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Gates on a late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(d) Mr. Calhoun.
2. Chapter 22 is dedicated to descriptions of what town?
3. Who plays piano in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
4. Who is in Raleigh's hotel bed after he gets drunk with a singer?
5. Where does Jubal go in Part 3, Chapter 34?
6. Where is the Cadillac the men have used along the journey as they make the drive to Atlanta?
(a) They sold it.
(b) In storage.
(c) Pulled by the van.
(d) In the semi.
7. Where does Weeper hide in order to leave the revival?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In his bass case.
(c) In a barn.
(d) On a bus.
8. What does Raleigh take from the rental cabin to add to his scavenger hunt?
(a) The trunk.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The trumpet.
(d) The keys.
9. What does Raleigh decide to do with the treasure?
(a) Invest in beach rentals.
(b) Buy stocks.
(c) To make amulets for all the participants in the adventure.
(d) Start a savings account.
10. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
11. Who helps to revive the stalled bus that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
12. What is Gates delivering during his late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(c) Counterfeit jewelry.
13. Who plays trumpet in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
14. How much money will Gates be paid for the delivery he is making on his late night boat trip?
(d) $1.5 million.
15. Whose hotel room does Raleigh accidentally enter during a power outage?
(a) Mingo's and Vera's.
(b) Holly and Caroline's.
(c) The manager's.
(d) Pierce and Lizzy's.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his father, where must Raleigh first take Gates?
2. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 29, where does the stolen van get stuck?
4. By the end of Part 3, Chapter 30, what is beginning to form among the traveling friends?
5. What literary technique is used in Part 2, Chapter 17 to inform the reader about the past relationship between Raleigh and Gates?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)