|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Weeper live, at the time of the revival?
(a) In an abandoned bus.
(b) On an onion farm.
(c) In prison.
(d) In the woods.
2. Who goes with Gates on a late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(d) Mr. Calhoun.
3. Where does Jubal go in Part 3, Chapter 34?
4. How old is Gates when his mother divorces Raleigh's father?
5. What is Gates delivering during his late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(d) Counterfeit jewelry.
6. What is the name of the Atlanta mall that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit?
(a) The Omni.
(b) The Galleria.
(c) The Gallery.
(d) The Mega.
7. How many people are with the stalled bus that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
8. Who is tied up at the end of Part 2, Chapter 26?
(c) Klan members.
(d) Sunday School class members.
9. What kind of revival do Raleigh, Gates and Mingo attend in Part 2, Chapter 20?
10. What does Toutant Kingstree do with his livestock?
(a) Sells the meat for money.
(b) Makes gumbo to sell.
(c) Keeps them as pets.
(d) Sells them to be pets.
11. In what city do the traveling friends arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(a) New Orleans.
12. Who is in Raleigh's hotel bed after he gets drunk with a singer?
13. By the end of Part 3, Chapter 30, what is beginning to form among the traveling friends?
(a) A jazz combo.
(b) A pact.
(c) A club.
(d) A band of villains.
14. What does Raleigh learn is the name of the young woman that Earley took with him when he left the hospital?
15. What literary term best describes Part 3, Chapters 34-37?
(a) Rising action.
(b) Falling action.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 29, who steals a van to help rescue a kidnapped friend?
2. Who bought the fireworks that are used in Part 2, Chapter 26?
3. What accompanies the buried treasure?
4. What does Raleigh take from the rental cabin to add to his scavenger hunt?
5. Where is Mingo to meet Gates and Raleigh after their late night boat trip?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)