|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city do the traveling friends arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(b) New Orleans.
2. How does Raleigh discover that Jubal and Victoria were once lovers?
(a) Victoria tells him.
(b) Jubal tells him.
(c) He dreams it in a prophetic vision.
(d) He reads it in the family Bible.
3. Who is in Raleigh's hotel bed after he gets drunk with a singer?
4. What is the name of the singer that Raleigh almost gets intimate with?
5. How old was Gates the last time Raleigh saw him?
6. What vehicle do Raleigh and his companions drive to Atlanta?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A semi truck.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A van.
7. Where does Earley take the friends when they arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(a) To a truck stop, for showers.
(b) To Bourbon Street.
(c) To a fancy restaurant.
(d) To a jazz club.
8. Who arrives mid-song to play clarinet with the jazz combo in Part 3, Chapter33?
9. Who helps to revive the stalled bus that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
10. Who plays trumpet in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
11. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
12. What does Raleigh take from the rental cabin to add to his scavenger hunt?
(a) The keys.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The trunk.
(d) The trumpet.
13. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the trunk?
(a) The content will explain why his sister gave birth out of town.
(b) To carry back Creole tea.
(c) To hold the hotel soaps.
(d) To safely hide the family's fortune.
14. In Part 3, Chapter 34, who leaves to begin a new career?
15. According to his father, where must Raleigh first take Gates?
(a) To prison.
(b) To see his dying mother.
(c) To a hospital.
(d) To church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is tied up at the end of Part 2, Chapter 26?
2. Who figures out the treasure map, then digs to find it?
3. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
4. What is the name of the Atlanta mall that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit?
5. Who surrenders to Raleigh and Gates after the fireworks are set off?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)