|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
2. Where does Weeper hide in order to leave the revival?
(a) In his bass case.
(b) On a bus.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In the woods.
3. Where does Jubal go in Part 3, Chapter 34?
4. What musical instrument does Toutant Kingstree play?
5. How old is Gates when his mother divorces Raleigh's father?
6. In what city do the traveling friends arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(a) New Orleans.
7. Where does Earley take the friends when they arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(a) To a fancy restaurant.
(b) To a jazz club.
(c) To Bourbon Street.
(d) To a truck stop, for showers.
8. What accompanies the buried treasure?
(a) A letter from a Confederate sergeant.
(b) A love letter from the Civil War era.
(c) A photograph of the general who hid it.
(d) Pee Wee Jimson's will.
9. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the library bust?
(a) It contains a code that might lead to treasure.
(b) It rightly belongs to the Hayes family.
(c) It is a Civil War artifact.
(d) The value of its gold construction.
10. Which couple does Part 3, Chapter 37 discuss and describe?
(a) Mingo and Vera.
(b) Raleigh and Aura.
(c) Earley and Roxanne.
(d) Jubal and Victoria.
11. In Part 3, Chapter 29, where does the stolen van get stuck?
(a) On amusement park train tracks.
(b) Downtown in an intersection.
(c) On top of the moutain.
(d) On top of a geyser.
12. Where is the Cadillac the men have used along the journey as they make the drive to Atlanta?
(a) In storage.
(b) They sold it.
(c) Pulled by the van.
(d) In the semi.
13. In Part 2, Chapter 27, what does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to do?
(a) To have an abortion.
(b) To put the baby up for adoption.
(c) To keep the baby.
(d) To kill herself.
14. What kind of motorcycle does Gates have?
15. What literary term best describes Part 3, Chapters 34-37?
(c) Rising action.
(d) Falling action.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the trunk?
2. Who sings in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
3. What does the stalled bus carry that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
4. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
5. What is the name of the singer that Raleigh almost gets intimate with?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)