|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays trumpet in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 29, where does the stolen van get stuck?
(a) On top of a geyser.
(b) On top of the moutain.
(c) Downtown in an intersection.
(d) On amusement park train tracks.
3. Which relative goes with Jubal when he leaves in Part 3, Chapter 34?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His granddaughter.
(d) His son.
4. In the end, what is Raleigh's biggest change?
(a) He does not have to wear his glasses to drive any more.
(b) He has learned to take risks.
(c) He rekindles his love for his wife.
(d) He is scared of heights now.
5. What kind of revival do Raleigh, Gates and Mingo attend in Part 2, Chapter 20?
6. Who goes with Gates on a late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(b) Mr. Calhoun.
7. How does the drug cartel identify Gates, Raliegh and Mingo?
(a) By the "wanted" posters in town.
(b) They find his driver's license.
(c) By Gates' motorcycle at a motel.
(d) They find his credit card.
8. Who dies on stage in Part 3, Chapter 33?
9. Upon entering a private drive to an estate, who are Raleigh, Gates, and Mingo mistaken to be?
(b) The gardeners.
(d) A band.
10. What is Jubal's full-time job?
(b) Clarinet player.
(c) Taxi driver.
(d) Driver of a horse-drawn carriage.
11. Who bought the fireworks that are used in Part 2, Chapter 26?
12. What is the name of the singer that Raleigh almost gets intimate with?
13. What literary technique is used in Part 2, Chapter 17 to inform the reader about the past relationship between Raleigh and Gates?
14. Where does Weeper live, at the time of the revival?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In an abandoned bus.
(c) On an onion farm.
(d) In prison.
15. Who are the two new passengers who tag along with Raleigh, Gates and Mingo as they leave for Atlanta?
(a) Jubal and Weeper.
(b) Toutant and Jubal.
(c) Weeper and Toutant.
(d) Jubal and Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives birth in present day, in Part 2, Chapter 27?
2. What does the stalled bus carry that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
3. What is discovered when digging up the hidden treasure?
4. What instrument does Gates pretend to play when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive at the rental unit?
5. After close examination, why does Raleigh realize he married his wife?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)