|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 27, what does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to do?
(a) To kill herself.
(b) To have an abortion.
(c) To keep the baby.
(d) To put the baby up for adoption.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 22, who pretends to be a movie producer?
3. Why is Toutant Kingstree important to Raleigh?
(a) He knows how to play trumpet.
(b) He has the family Bible.
(c) He wants to take guitar lessons from him.
(d) He might know where to find Jubal.
4. Who goes with Gates on a late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(d) Mr. Calhoun.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 34, who leaves to begin a new career?
6. After close examination, why does Raleigh realize he married his wife?
(a) Because he wasn't getting any younger.
(b) Because all his friends were getting married.
(c) Because he simply loves her.
(d) For her money.
7. What is discovered when digging up the hidden treasure?
(a) The money is Confederate bills; worthless today.
(b) It is silver, not gold, that has been buried.
(c) Only one gold coin remains.
(d) Only one gold bar remains.
8. What vehicle do Raleigh and his companions drive to Atlanta?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A van.
(d) A semi truck.
9. Who slashes tires in Part 2, Chapter 26?
(a) Mingo and Raleigh.
(b) Gates and Mingo.
(c) Gates and Weeper.
(d) Raleigh and Gates.
10. Which couple does Part 3, Chapter 37 discuss and describe?
(a) Earley and Roxanne.
(b) Raleigh and Aura.
(c) Jubal and Victoria.
(d) Mingo and Vera.
11. Where does Weeper live, at the time of the revival?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In prison.
(c) On an onion farm.
(d) In an abandoned bus.
12. What does Toutant Kingstree do with his livestock?
(a) Keeps them as pets.
(b) Sells them to be pets.
(c) Makes gumbo to sell.
(d) Sells the meat for money.
13. Whose hotel room does Raleigh accidentally enter during a power outage?
(a) Holly and Caroline's.
(b) Mingo's and Vera's.
(c) The manager's.
(d) Pierce and Lizzy's.
14. Where do Calhoun and Gates decide to hold their duel?
(a) On the beach.
(b) At Stone Mountain.
(c) Downtown on Main Street.
(d) At Six Flags.
15. Who are the two new passengers who tag along with Raleigh, Gates and Mingo as they leave for Atlanta?
(a) Toutant and Jubal.
(b) Weeper and Toutant.
(c) Jubal and Victoria.
(d) Jubal and Weeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
2. What card does Gates have that wins him the chance to choose the weapon for his duel against Calhoun?
3. Who is Raleigh hoping to find when they leave the estate?
4. How does Raleigh discover that Jubal and Victoria were once lovers?
5. Who plays trumpet in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)