|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card does Gates have that wins him the chance to choose the weapon for his duel against Calhoun?
2. How does Raleigh discover that Jubal and Victoria were once lovers?
(a) He dreams it in a prophetic vision.
(b) He reads it in the family Bible.
(c) Victoria tells him.
(d) Jubal tells him.
3. Who helps to revive the stalled bus that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
4. What does Raleigh learn is the name of the young woman that Earley took with him when he left the hospital?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 29, who steals a van to help rescue a kidnapped friend?
6. Who is Raleigh hoping to find when they leave the estate?
(a) His mother.
7. Who gives birth in present day, in Part 2, Chapter 27?
(b) A hitchhiker.
8. Who goes with Gates on a late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(d) Mr. Calhoun.
9. What accompanies the buried treasure?
(a) A photograph of the general who hid it.
(b) Pee Wee Jimson's will.
(c) A letter from a Confederate sergeant.
(d) A love letter from the Civil War era.
10. Who is kidnapped by the drug cartel in Part 3, Chapter 29?
11. Where does Toutant Kingstree's livestock live?
(a) In abandoned cars.
(b) In a garage.
(c) In a chicken house.
(d) In pens.
12. Who sings in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
13. What is Gates delivering during his late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(d) Counterfeit jewelry.
14. What instrument does Gates pretend to play when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive at the rental unit?
15. Where do Calhoun and Gates decide to hold their duel?
(a) Downtown on Main Street.
(b) At Stone Mountain.
(c) On the beach.
(d) At Six Flags.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the drug cartel identify Gates, Raliegh and Mingo?
2. What literary term best describes Part 3, Chapters 34-37?
3. What does Raleigh take from the rental cabin to add to his scavenger hunt?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 29, where does the stolen van get stuck?
5. Where is Gates' motorcycle as he makes the drive to Atlanta?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)