|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 22, who pretends to be a movie producer?
2. What does Toutant Kingstree do with his livestock?
(a) Makes gumbo to sell.
(b) Sells the meat for money.
(c) Sells them to be pets.
(d) Keeps them as pets.
3. Who is Raleigh hoping to find when they leave the estate?
(d) His mother.
4. What literary technique is used in Part 2, Chapter 17 to inform the reader about the past relationship between Raleigh and Gates?
5. What musical instrument does Toutant Kingstree play?
6. What is the name of the singer that Raleigh almost gets intimate with?
7. Who helps to revive the stalled bus that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
8. In what city do the traveling friends arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(b) New Orleans.
9. What is the name of the Atlanta mall that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit?
(a) The Galleria.
(b) The Gallery.
(c) The Omni.
(d) The Mega.
10. Where is Mingo to meet Gates and Raleigh after their late night boat trip?
(a) Myrtle Beach.
(c) Kune Beach.
11. Where does Earley take the friends when they arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(a) To a truck stop, for showers.
(b) To Bourbon Street.
(c) To a fancy restaurant.
(d) To a jazz club.
12. Who sings in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
13. What does Raleigh learn is the name of the young woman that Earley took with him when he left the hospital?
14. The men drive to Montgomery. In which state is that located?
15. What is discovered when digging up the hidden treasure?
(a) It is silver, not gold, that has been buried.
(b) Only one gold bar remains.
(c) The money is Confederate bills; worthless today.
(d) Only one gold coin remains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Weeper play at the revival?
2. What is Gates delivering during his late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
3. Who surrenders to Raleigh and Gates after the fireworks are set off?
4. How does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to explain her reason for leaving town?
5. How old is Gates when his mother divorces Raleigh's father?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)