|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in Raleigh's hotel bed after he gets drunk with a singer?
2. Where is the Cadillac the men have used along the journey as they make the drive to Atlanta?
(a) In the semi.
(b) They sold it.
(c) Pulled by the van.
(d) In storage.
3. In the end, who is forgiven for not trying to keep in touch?
4. What card does Gates have that wins him the chance to choose the weapon for his duel against Calhoun?
5. What is the name of the singer that Raleigh almost gets intimate with?
6. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the library bust?
(a) It contains a code that might lead to treasure.
(b) It is a Civil War artifact.
(c) It rightly belongs to the Hayes family.
(d) The value of its gold construction.
7. What vehicle do Raleigh and his companions drive to Atlanta?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A van.
(c) A semi truck.
(d) A Cadillac.
8. After close examination, why does Raleigh realize he married his wife?
(a) For her money.
(b) Because he wasn't getting any younger.
(c) Because he simply loves her.
(d) Because all his friends were getting married.
9. Who is tied up at the end of Part 2, Chapter 26?
(c) Sunday School class members.
(d) Klan members.
10. What instrument does Gates pretend to play when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive at the rental unit?
11. How old is Gates when his mother divorces Raleigh's father?
12. In Part 3, Chapter 29, where does the stolen van get stuck?
(a) On top of a geyser.
(b) On amusement park train tracks.
(c) Downtown in an intersection.
(d) On top of the moutain.
13. Where do Raleigh, Gates, Weeper and Mingo go when they leave the estate?
14. Who gives birth in present day, in Part 2, Chapter 27?
(a) A hitchhiker.
15. Which couple does Part 3, Chapter 37 discuss and describe?
(a) Earley and Roxanne.
(b) Mingo and Vera.
(c) Raleigh and Aura.
(d) Jubal and Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city do the traveling friends arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
2. Who figures out the treasure map, then digs to find it?
3. Where do Calhoun and Gates decide to hold their duel?
4. Who helps to revive the stalled bus that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
5. What is Gates delivering during his late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)