|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the library bust?
(a) It is a Civil War artifact.
(b) The value of its gold construction.
(c) It contains a code that might lead to treasure.
(d) It rightly belongs to the Hayes family.
2. How does Raleigh discover that Jubal and Victoria were once lovers?
(a) He reads it in the family Bible.
(b) He dreams it in a prophetic vision.
(c) Jubal tells him.
(d) Victoria tells him.
3. What is Jubal's full-time job?
(a) Clarinet player.
(b) Taxi driver.
(c) Driver of a horse-drawn carriage.
4. In the end, who is forgiven for not trying to keep in touch?
5. Which relative goes with Jubal when he leaves in Part 3, Chapter 34?
(a) His sister.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother.
(d) His granddaughter.
6. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
7. Which couple does Part 3, Chapter 37 discuss and describe?
(a) Mingo and Vera.
(b) Earley and Roxanne.
(c) Raleigh and Aura.
(d) Jubal and Victoria.
8. Chapter 22 is dedicated to descriptions of what town?
9. Where does Weeper live, at the time of the revival?
(a) In prison.
(b) On an onion farm.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In an abandoned bus.
10. Who gets shot on the mountain in Part 3, Chapter 29?
(d) A cartel member.
11. After close examination, why does Raleigh realize he married his wife?
(a) Because he wasn't getting any younger.
(b) For her money.
(c) Because he simply loves her.
(d) Because all his friends were getting married.
12. What kind of revival do Raleigh, Gates and Mingo attend in Part 2, Chapter 20?
13. How old is Gates when his mother divorces Raleigh's father?
14. Who slashes tires in Part 2, Chapter 26?
(a) Gates and Mingo.
(b) Mingo and Raleigh.
(c) Raleigh and Gates.
(d) Gates and Weeper.
15. Who has fallen and has to be pulled back up the mountain in Part 3, Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is kidnapped by the drug cartel in Part 3, Chapter 29?
2. What is the name of the singer that Raleigh almost gets intimate with?
3. In the end, what is Raleigh's biggest change?
4. What kind of motorcycle does Gates have?
5. Who dies on stage in Part 3, Chapter 33?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)