|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 29, where does the stolen van get stuck?
(a) On amusement park train tracks.
(b) Downtown in an intersection.
(c) On top of the moutain.
(d) On top of a geyser.
2. Who surrenders to Raleigh and Gates after the fireworks are set off?
(a) The Sunday School class.
(b) The drug cartel.
(c) Members of the KKK.
3. Where does Weeper hide in order to leave the revival?
(a) In the woods.
(b) On a bus.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In his bass case.
4. Why is Toutant Kingstree important to Raleigh?
(a) He might know where to find Jubal.
(b) He wants to take guitar lessons from him.
(c) He has the family Bible.
(d) He knows how to play trumpet.
5. Who plays piano in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
6. After close examination, why does Raleigh realize he married his wife?
(a) For her money.
(b) Because he wasn't getting any younger.
(c) Because he simply loves her.
(d) Because all his friends were getting married.
7. Who slashes tires in Part 2, Chapter 26?
(a) Raleigh and Gates.
(b) Gates and Mingo.
(c) Mingo and Raleigh.
(d) Gates and Weeper.
8. In the end, who is forgiven for not trying to keep in touch?
9. Who plays trumpet in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
10. Which couple does Part 3, Chapter 37 discuss and describe?
(a) Earley and Roxanne.
(b) Raleigh and Aura.
(c) Jubal and Victoria.
(d) Mingo and Vera.
11. What kind of motorcycle does Gates have?
12. What is discovered when digging up the hidden treasure?
(a) The money is Confederate bills; worthless today.
(b) Only one gold coin remains.
(c) Only one gold bar remains.
(d) It is silver, not gold, that has been buried.
13. What does Toutant Kingstree do with his livestock?
(a) Sells them to be pets.
(b) Sells the meat for money.
(c) Keeps them as pets.
(d) Makes gumbo to sell.
14. In the end, what is Raleigh's biggest change?
(a) He rekindles his love for his wife.
(b) He does not have to wear his glasses to drive any more.
(c) He is scared of heights now.
(d) He has learned to take risks.
15. What does Raleigh take from the rental cabin to add to his scavenger hunt?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The keys.
(c) The trunk.
(d) The trumpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What card does Gates have that wins him the chance to choose the weapon for his duel against Calhoun?
2. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of the library bust?
3. Who helps to revive the stalled bus that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
4. What literary term best describes Part 3, Chapters 34-37?
5. What musical instrument does Weeper play at the revival?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)