|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of his old trumpet?
(a) He wants to teach Raleigh to play it.
(b) He plans to pawn it for cash.
(c) He plans to play it in a jazz club.
(d) It has money hidden in it.
2. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
3. What musical instrument does Toutant Kingstree play?
4. What is the name of the Atlanta mall that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit?
(a) The Gallery.
(b) The Galleria.
(c) The Omni.
(d) The Mega.
5. Who are the two new passengers who tag along with Raleigh, Gates and Mingo as they leave for Atlanta?
(a) Jubal and Weeper.
(b) Toutant and Jubal.
(c) Jubal and Victoria.
(d) Weeper and Toutant.
6. What accompanies the buried treasure?
(a) A photograph of the general who hid it.
(b) Pee Wee Jimson's will.
(c) A letter from a Confederate sergeant.
(d) A love letter from the Civil War era.
7. In the end, who is forgiven for not trying to keep in touch?
8. What kind of revival do Raleigh, Gates and Mingo attend in Part 2, Chapter 20?
9. Who plays saxophone in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
10. What literary technique is used in Part 2, Chapter 17 to inform the reader about the past relationship between Raleigh and Gates?
11. According to his father, where must Raleigh first take Gates?
(a) To see his dying mother.
(b) To a hospital.
(c) To prison.
(d) To church.
12. Who sings in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
13. Who goes with Gates on a late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(c) Mr. Calhoun.
14. Why is Toutant Kingstree important to Raleigh?
(a) He has the family Bible.
(b) He knows how to play trumpet.
(c) He wants to take guitar lessons from him.
(d) He might know where to find Jubal.
15. Whose hotel room does Raleigh accidentally enter during a power outage?
(a) The manager's.
(b) Pierce and Lizzy's.
(c) Holly and Caroline's.
(d) Mingo's and Vera's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bought the fireworks that are used in Part 2, Chapter 26?
2. How does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to explain her reason for leaving town?
3. What noise is coming from the rental unit when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive?
4. After close examination, why does Raleigh realize he married his wife?
5. What musical instrument does Weeper play at the revival?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)