|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in Raleigh's hotel bed after he gets drunk with a singer?
2. Where does Earley take the friends when they arrive in Part 3, Chapter 31?
(a) To a truck stop, for showers.
(b) To Bourbon Street.
(c) To a fancy restaurant.
(d) To a jazz club.
3. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
4. What does the stalled bus carry that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
(a) A dance troupe.
(c) An eldery tour group.
(d) A church group.
5. What weapon does Gates choose for the duel between him and Calhoun?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 27, what does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to do?
(a) To kill herself.
(b) To put the baby up for adoption.
(c) To have an abortion.
(d) To keep the baby.
7. How many people are with the stalled bus that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
8. Where is the Cadillac the men have used along the journey as they make the drive to Atlanta?
(a) In storage.
(b) They sold it.
(c) Pulled by the van.
(d) In the semi.
9. How does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to explain her reason for leaving town?
(a) To say she is changing colleges.
(b) To say she needs a better doctor.
(c) To say she wants to live closer to family.
(d) To say she needs more freedom.
10. Who plays trumpet in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
11. What musical instrument does Weeper play at the revival?
12. In Part 3, Chapter 29, where does the stolen van get stuck?
(a) On top of a geyser.
(b) On amusement park train tracks.
(c) Downtown in an intersection.
(d) On top of the moutain.
13. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of his old trumpet?
(a) It has money hidden in it.
(b) He wants to teach Raleigh to play it.
(c) He plans to pawn it for cash.
(d) He plans to play it in a jazz club.
14. Who is tied up at the end of Part 2, Chapter 26?
(b) Klan members.
(c) Sunday School class members.
15. Who has fallen and has to be pulled back up the mountain in Part 3, Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Gates on a late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
2. Where do Raleigh, Gates, Weeper and Mingo go when they leave the estate?
3. What vehicle do Raleigh and his companions drive to Atlanta?
4. Where does Weeper hide in order to leave the revival?
5. What musical instrument does Toutant Kingstree play?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)