|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musical instrument does Toutant Kingstree play?
2. Chapter 22 is dedicated to descriptions of what town?
3. What is Gates delivering during his late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(c) Counterfeit jewelry.
4. What noise is coming from the rental unit when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive?
(a) Heavy metal music.
(b) Agonizing groans.
(d) Loud jazz music.
5. What literary technique is used in Part 2, Chapter 17 to inform the reader about the past relationship between Raleigh and Gates?
6. What musical instrument does Weeper play at the revival?
7. Who plays saxophone in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
8. Who dies on stage in Part 3, Chapter 33?
9. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
10. What is the name of the Atlanta mall that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit?
(a) The Omni.
(b) The Galleria.
(c) The Mega.
(d) The Gallery.
11. In the end, who is forgiven for not trying to keep in touch?
12. What literary term best describes Part 3, Chapters 34-37?
(c) Rising action.
(d) Falling action.
13. Who plays piano in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
14. Who has fallen and has to be pulled back up the mountain in Part 3, Chapter 29?
15. What kind of motorcycle does Gates have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which lovers' history is detailed in Part 2, Chapter 27?
2. By the end of Part 3, Chapter 30, what is beginning to form among the traveling friends?
3. Who goes with Gates on a late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
4. What does Raleigh learn is the name of the young woman that Earley took with him when he left the hospital?
5. What instrument does Gates pretend to play when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive at the rental unit?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)