|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies on stage in Part 3, Chapter 33?
2. Where does Weeper hide in order to leave the revival?
(a) In his bass case.
(b) On a bus.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In the woods.
3. Where does Jubal go in Part 3, Chapter 34?
4. What musical instrument does Toutant Kingstree play?
5. How does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to explain her reason for leaving town?
(a) To say she is changing colleges.
(b) To say she needs a better doctor.
(c) To say she wants to live closer to family.
(d) To say she needs more freedom.
6. Who has fallen and has to be pulled back up the mountain in Part 3, Chapter 29?
7. What is Gates delivering during his late night boat trip in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(a) Counterfeit jewelry.
8. Who do Gates and Raleigh impersonate while the rest of their group sets off fireworks?
(a) FBI agents.
(d) Escaped inmates.
9. Who is Raleigh hoping to find when they leave the estate?
(b) His mother.
10. The men drive to Montgomery. In which state is that located?
11. Which lovers' history is detailed in Part 2, Chapter 27?
(a) Mingo and Vera.
(b) Raleigh and Aura.
(c) Raleigh and Vera.
(d) Jubal and Victoria.
12. What is Jubal's full-time job?
(a) Taxi driver.
(b) Driver of a horse-drawn carriage.
(d) Clarinet player.
13. What vehicle do Raleigh and his companions drive to Atlanta?
(a) A semi truck.
(b) A pickup truck.
(c) A van.
(d) A Cadillac.
14. In Part 3, Chapter 29, where does the stolen van get stuck?
(a) On top of a geyser.
(b) Downtown in an intersection.
(c) On amusement park train tracks.
(d) On top of the moutain.
15. How does Raleigh discover that Jubal and Victoria were once lovers?
(a) He reads it in the family Bible.
(b) Jubal tells him.
(c) He dreams it in a prophetic vision.
(d) Victoria tells him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After close examination, why does Raleigh realize he married his wife?
2. Who gives birth in present day, in Part 2, Chapter 27?
3. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of his old trumpet?
4. Who figures out the treasure map, then digs to find it?
5. Which couple does Part 3, Chapter 37 discuss and describe?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)