|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which couple does Part 3, Chapter 37 discuss and describe?
(a) Jubal and Victoria.
(b) Mingo and Vera.
(c) Earley and Roxanne.
(d) Raleigh and Aura.
2. Who is in Raleigh's hotel bed after he gets drunk with a singer?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 34, who leaves to begin a new career?
4. Who helps to revive the stalled bus that Raleigh and his friends find on their way to Atlanta?
5. Who are the two new passengers who tag along with Raleigh, Gates and Mingo as they leave for Atlanta?
(a) Toutant and Jubal.
(b) Weeper and Toutant.
(c) Jubal and Weeper.
(d) Jubal and Victoria.
6. According to Earley in Part 3, Chapter 32, what is the importance of his old trumpet?
(a) It has money hidden in it.
(b) He plans to pawn it for cash.
(c) He wants to teach Raleigh to play it.
(d) He plans to play it in a jazz club.
7. Who conducts random interviews of people in their search for one person, after Raleigh, Gates and Mingo leave the estate?
8. What noise is coming from the rental unit when Raleigh and Mingo first arrive?
(a) Loud jazz music.
(c) Agonizing groans.
(d) Heavy metal music.
9. How does Earley advise his unwed, pregnant sister to explain her reason for leaving town?
(a) To say she needs more freedom.
(b) To say she wants to live closer to family.
(c) To say she needs a better doctor.
(d) To say she is changing colleges.
10. What does Raleigh take from the rental cabin to add to his scavenger hunt?
(a) The trumpet.
(b) The keys.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The trunk.
11. Who arrives mid-song to play clarinet with the jazz combo in Part 3, Chapter33?
12. Where is the Cadillac the men have used along the journey as they make the drive to Atlanta?
(a) In the semi.
(b) Pulled by the van.
(c) They sold it.
(d) In storage.
13. What literary term best describes Part 3, Chapters 34-37?
(a) Rising action.
(c) Falling action.
14. In Part 3, Chapter 29, who steals a van to help rescue a kidnapped friend?
15. Who is tied up at the end of Part 2, Chapter 26?
(b) Sunday School class members.
(c) Klan members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Gates choose for the duel between him and Calhoun?
2. Who sings in the jazz combo formed in Part 3, Chapter 33?
3. Where does Jubal go in Part 3, Chapter 34?
4. What is the name of the Atlanta mall that Raleigh, Gates and Mingo visit?
5. Where do Calhoun and Gates decide to hold their duel?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)