|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which engine component gives Raleigh car trouble in the Pinto in which he leaves Lovie's house?
(a) A spark plug.
(b) A rod.
(c) A point.
(d) The axel.
2. What does Raleigh take from Mingo before entering the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) The pistol he was going to use to commit suicide.
(c) A hat.
(d) His phone number.
3. After Mingo locks the keys inside the Cadillac, who unlocks it for them?
(a) A locksmith.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A wrecker driver.
(d) A nun.
4. Who is with Raleigh when the story begins?
5. Who is Lovie's son?
6. Whose trunk is Raleigh trying to retrieve at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
7. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
8. What, according to legend, may be buried near Raleigh's hometown on the property he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Confederate gold.
(b) A Union soldier.
(c) A map to Confederate treasure.
(d) Confederate bills.
9. What is Holly doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Mowing her lawn.
(b) Practicing cheerleading.
(c) Washing her car with her sister.
(d) Working on a car with a boy.
10. Who gets drunk and falls into a pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
11. Who is Earley?
(a) Raleigh's half-brother.
(b) Raleigh's uncle.
(c) Raleigh's best friend.
(d) Raleigh's father.
12. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
13. Who is Aura?
(a) Mingo's wife.
(b) Jubal's daughter.
(c) Raleigh's wife.
(d) Victoria's granddaughter.
14. Where is Raleigh's rental property located?
(a) Kure Beach.
(b) Diamondhead Beach.
(c) Myrtle Beach.
(d) Panama City Beach.
15. Who is skinny-dipping in the community pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Vera and Mingo.
(b) Raleigh and Aura.
(c) Aura and Mingo.
(d) Vera and Raleigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been Raleigh's friend since childhood?
2. What physical characteristic best describes Mingo?
3. Where does the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, actually take them?
4. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. How old are Caroline and Holly?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)