|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Raleigh and Mingo spend the night after hoodlums rob them in the rain?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a ratty hotel.
(c) In a nice hotel.
(d) In a convent.
2. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
3. After the Marines help Raleigh and Mingo, who does Raleigh call from a tavern?
4. With whom does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Her college professor.
(b) Her book club.
(c) A group she recently joined.
5. Who fears the police are looking for him in regards to their investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
6. Whose slacks get ripped in Part 1, Chapter 3?
7. Who is Aura?
(a) Mingo's wife.
(b) Jubal's daughter.
(c) Victoria's granddaughter.
(d) Raleigh's wife.
8. Whose home does Raleigh visit in Part 1, Chapter 6 to retrieve the trunk?
9. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
(a) That Aura has not been arrested.
(b) That his stepmother is still alive.
(c) That another man does not answer the phone.
(d) That his father has come to his senses.
10. Who are Caroline and Holly?
(a) Raleigh's twin daughters.
(b) Mingo's younger sisters.
(c) The neighbor's kids.
(d) Jubal's granddaughters.
11. How does Raleigh enter the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Through an air duct.
(b) Through the back door.
(c) Through a stormwater tunnel.
(d) Through a window.
12. What is Raleigh reading when the story begins?
(a) A business magazine.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A fortune cookie.
(d) Restroom wall graffiti.
13. What kind of seasonal displays does Mingo create?
(a) Tacky ones.
(b) Christmas-themed ones.
(c) Anti-religious ones.
(d) Outdoor ones.
14. What unusual cleaning chore does the janitor do in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Mops the floor.
(b) Removes Bonnie's body.
(c) Cleans the windows.
(d) Carpet stain removal.
15. Where is Raleigh when the story begins?
(a) At his father's house.
(b) At his house.
(c) The Lotus House.
(d) In his office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Raleigh and Mingo go when they leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. What does Raleigh toss from his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
3. Whose house is for sale in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. Where is Raleigh's rental property located?
5. How old is Lovie in Part 1, Chapter 11?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)