|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
2. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
3. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
(a) That Aura has not been arrested.
(b) That his stepmother is still alive.
(c) That his father has come to his senses.
(d) That another man does not answer the phone.
4. Who is Earley?
(a) Raleigh's half-brother.
(b) Raleigh's uncle.
(c) Raleigh's best friend.
(d) Raleigh's father.
5. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to fall to pieces by the end of the month?
6. How old is Lovie in Part 1, Chapter 11?
7. What physical characteristic best describes Mingo?
8. What is Mingo's job?
(a) Insurance salesman.
(b) Window dresser.
(c) Furniture salesman.
9. After the Marines help Raleigh and Mingo, who does Raleigh call from a tavern?
10. On which route do Raleigh and Mingo think they are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) Route 50.
(b) Highway 55.
(c) Interstate 20.
(d) Route 66.
11. What accent do Caroline and Holly have?
(b) Valley girl.
12. After Mingo locks the keys inside the Cadillac, who unlocks it for them?
(a) A wrecker driver.
(b) A nun.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A locksmith.
13. Who is the note really from that Raleigh discovers in his office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Bonnie's boyfriend.
(c) His father.
(d) Aura's mother.
14. Who is Victoria Hayes?
(a) Raleigh's favorite aunt.
(b) Raleigh's wife.
(c) Raleigh's mother.
(d) Jubal's sister.
15. What does Raleigh toss from his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Candy wrappers.
(b) Mingo's guns.
(c) The note from his father.
(d) His cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car does Raleigh own in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. Who borrows Vera's car in Part 1, Chapter 9?
3. In what town does Raleigh live and work?
4. Where do Raleigh and Mingo spend the night after hoodlums rob them in the rain?
5. In what time frame is this book set?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)