Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual cleaning chore does the janitor do in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Carpet stain removal.
(b) Removes Bonnie's body.
(c) Cleans the windows.
(d) Mops the floor.
2. On what floor is Raleigh's office located?
3. What is Mingo's job?
(a) Furniture salesman.
(b) Insurance salesman.
(c) Window dresser.
4. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) At church,
(b) In her kitchen at home.
(c) In a pit at an abandoned construction mine.
(d) At her desk.
5. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
(a) That another man does not answer the phone.
(b) That his stepmother is still alive.
(c) That Aura has not been arrested.
(d) That his father has come to his senses.
6. How old are Caroline and Holly?
(a) 19 and 15.
(b) 14 and 16.
(d) 13 and 17.
7. Whose house is for sale in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Mingo's sister's.
(c) Raleigh's father's.
8. What kind of seasonal displays does Mingo create?
(a) Tacky ones.
(b) Anti-religious ones.
(c) Outdoor ones.
(d) Christmas-themed ones.
9. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to be cheated on by his spouse?
10. What are police investigating in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Bonnie's murder.
(b) A break-in at the library.
(c) A littering sting.
(d) The theft of the bust.
11. Where does Mingo work?
(a) Forbes Building.
(b) Sears Building.
(c) Knox-Bury clothing store.
(d) Trump Tower.
12. Who does Raleigh credit for his desire to be an upstanding citizen?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
13. Where do Raleigh and Mingo go when they leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) Toward Chicago.
(b) Toward the Carolina coast.
(c) Toward Atlanta.
14. With whom does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(b) A group she recently joined.
(c) Her book club.
(d) Her college professor.
15. What does Raleigh toss from his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Candy wrappers.
(b) The note from his father.
(c) Mingo's guns.
(d) His cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What key element is missing from the police investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of Raleigh's uncle, from whom he received his middle name?
3. Who does Raleigh see when he is on his way to commit the theft in Part 1, Chapter 7?
4. Who is Bonnie Ellen?
5. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)