|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pulls a gun on someone in a borrowed car in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of the building where Raleigh works?
(a) Trump Building.
(b) Sears Building.
(c) Hilton Towers.
(d) Forbes Building.
3. How does Raleigh enter the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Through an air duct.
(b) Through a stormwater tunnel.
(c) Through the back door.
(d) Through a window.
4. Who is Earley?
(a) Raleigh's uncle.
(b) Raleigh's best friend.
(c) Raleigh's half-brother.
(d) Raleigh's father.
5. Who has driven a Cadillac to a service station in Part 1, Chapter 12, looking for a missing car?
6. What causes Raleigh and Mingo to leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) They leave with strange women.
(b) Police raid.
(c) A fight breaks out.
(d) They run out of money.
7. What is the name of Raleigh's uncle, from whom he received his middle name?
8. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to fall to pieces by the end of the month?
9. What does Raleigh receive from Earley in a brown paper bag?
(a) Cat food.
(b) Car keys and a deed to a house.
(c) $10,000 and some whiskey.
(d) Lottery tickets.
10. What unusual cleaning chore does the janitor do in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Cleans the windows.
(b) Mops the floor.
(c) Carpet stain removal.
(d) Removes Bonnie's body.
11. Whose home does Raleigh visit in Part 1, Chapter 6 to retrieve the trunk?
12. In what town does Raleigh live and work?
13. In Part 1, Chapter 12, who is out of prison on parole?
14. From what Raleigh learns in Part 1, Chapter 2, where does Earley want Raleigh to meet him?
(a) In Charlotte.
(b) In Atlanta.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) In Mayberry.
15. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
(a) That his father has come to his senses.
(b) That Aura has not been arrested.
(c) That another man does not answer the phone.
(d) That his stepmother is still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose slacks get ripped in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What physical characteristic best describes Mingo?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how much money does Raleigh pay for the property he sets out to buy?
4. Where do Raleigh and Mingo go when they leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)