|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) A group she recently joined.
(b) Her book club.
(d) Her college professor.
2. After the Marines help Raleigh and Mingo, who does Raleigh call from a tavern?
3. Who does Raleigh credit for his desire to be an upstanding citizen?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. On which route do Raleigh and Mingo think they are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) Route 50.
(b) Interstate 20.
(c) Route 66.
(d) Highway 55.
5. Who is Earley?
(a) Raleigh's best friend.
(b) Raleigh's half-brother.
(c) Raleigh's uncle.
(d) Raleigh's father.
6. What is Flonnie's favorite past time while living in the nursing home?
(a) Listening to ballgames.
(b) Watching game shows.
(c) Playing bingo.
(d) Pranking the nurse staff.
7. Where do Raleigh and Mingo go when they leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) Toward Atlanta.
(b) Toward the Carolina coast.
(c) Toward Chicago.
8. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
9. Who owns the land that Raleigh sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Jim Pierce.
(b) Pierce Brosnan.
(c) Pee Wee Brosnan.
(d) Pierce Jimson.
10. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
11. What, according to legend, may be buried near Raleigh's hometown on the property he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A Union soldier.
(b) Confederate gold.
(c) Confederate bills.
(d) A map to Confederate treasure.
12. Who is Vera?
(a) Lovie's daughter.
(b) Mingo's wife.
(c) Raleigh's wife.
(d) Victoria's granddaughter.
13. What are police investigating in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Bonnie's murder.
(b) A break-in at the library.
(c) The theft of the bust.
(d) A littering sting.
14. Who fears the police are looking for him in regards to their investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
15. Who is the janitor in Raleigh's office building?
(a) Bill Pierson.
(b) Bill Jimson.
(c) Bill Jenkins.
(d) Bill Kaiser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Marine camp is nearby when Raleigh and Mingo get lost while driving in Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to be cheated on by his spouse?
3. Who borrows Vera's car in Part 1, Chapter 9?
4. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
5. Who does Raleigh see on TV while visiting Flonnie in a nursing home?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)