|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
(a) That his father has come to his senses.
(b) That his stepmother is still alive.
(c) That Aura has not been arrested.
(d) That another man does not answer the phone.
2. Who is Victoria Hayes?
(a) Jubal's sister.
(b) Raleigh's mother.
(c) Raleigh's wife.
(d) Raleigh's favorite aunt.
3. Whose trunk is Raleigh trying to retrieve at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. Where does the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, actually take them?
(a) To Boston.
(b) To New York.
(c) To a swamp.
(d) To a dead end road.
5. Why is Raleigh stopped by police in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) For littering.
(b) For stealing the bust.
(c) For making an illegal U-turn.
(d) For killing Bonnie.
6. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 7, how many of Mingo's guns does Raleigh possess?
7. What is the name of Raleigh's uncle, from whom he received his middle name?
8. From what Raleigh learns in Part 1, Chapter 2, where does Earley want Raleigh to meet him?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) In Atlanta.
(c) In Mayberry.
(d) In Charlotte.
9. After Mingo locks the keys inside the Cadillac, who unlocks it for them?
(a) A wrecker driver.
(b) A locksmith.
(c) A nun.
(d) A police officer.
10. Who fears the police are looking for him in regards to their investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
11. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to fall to pieces by the end of the month?
12. How do the people of Raleigh's hometown view the story regarding the land that he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) As fact.
(b) As irrelevant.
(c) As possible.
(d) As a myth.
13. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
14. On what floor is Raleigh's office located?
15. What is the name of the building where Raleigh works?
(a) Forbes Building.
(b) Trump Building.
(c) Hilton Towers.
(d) Sears Building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Caroline and Holly?
2. Where is the trunk that Raleigh is trying to retrieve in Part 1, Chapter 6?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how much money does Raleigh pay for the property he sets out to buy?
4. In the prediction that someone is going to be cheated on by his spouse, with whom is the spouse supposed to be cheating?
5. After the Marines help Raleigh and Mingo, who does Raleigh call from a tavern?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)