|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where should the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, take them?
(a) To the Carolina coast.
(b) To New Orleans.
(c) To Atlanta.
(d) To Chicago.
2. Where is Raleigh's rental property located?
(a) Diamondhead Beach.
(b) Myrtle Beach.
(c) Panama City Beach.
(d) Kure Beach.
3. On which route do Raleigh and Mingo think they are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) Interstate 20.
(b) Route 50.
(c) Route 66.
(d) Highway 55.
4. Who is with Raleigh when the story begins?
5. Where do Raleigh and Mingo go when they leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) Toward the Carolina coast.
(b) Toward Chicago.
(c) Toward Atlanta.
6. Who is Vera?
(a) Victoria's granddaughter.
(b) Raleigh's wife.
(c) Mingo's wife.
(d) Lovie's daughter.
7. Where does Mingo work?
(a) Sears Building.
(b) Forbes Building.
(c) Knox-Bury clothing store.
(d) Trump Tower.
8. What does Raleigh toss from his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Candy wrappers.
(b) His cell phone.
(c) The note from his father.
(d) Mingo's guns.
9. What is Mingo's job?
(a) Furniture salesman.
(b) Insurance salesman.
(d) Window dresser.
10. Who is supposed to have the trumpet that Raleigh needs to retrieve?
11. What does Raleigh refer to as Knoll Pond?
(a) The town in which Victoria lives.
(b) The property he bought from Jimson.
(c) The subdivision in which he lives.
(d) The neighborhood in which Lovie lives.
12. Where do Raleigh and Mingo spend the night after hoodlums rob them in the rain?
(a) In a ratty hotel.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In a convent.
(d) In a nice hotel.
13. What does Mingo do in Part 1, Chapter 7 that he has never before done?
(a) Goes down a playground slide.
(b) Jumps from a playground swing.
(c) Climbs to the top of playground monkey bars.
(d) Eats a corndog from a street vendor at the playground.
14. Who is Raleigh's namesake?
(a) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(b) Raleigh "Dizzy" Gillaspie.
(c) Raleigh Smithpeters, the town founder.
(d) His father.
15. Who gets drunk and falls into a pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Holly doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. In what town does Lovie live?
4. Who does Raleigh credit for his desire to be an upstanding citizen?
5. Who borrows Vera's car in Part 1, Chapter 9?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)