|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which engine component gives Raleigh car trouble in the Pinto in which he leaves Lovie's house?
(a) A spark plug.
(b) A rod.
(c) A point.
(d) The axel.
2. What is Raleigh's job?
(a) Retail clerk.
(c) Insurance salesman.
3. What, according to legend, may be buried near Raleigh's hometown on the property he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A map to Confederate treasure.
(b) Confederate gold.
(c) A Union soldier.
(d) Confederate bills.
4. What are police investigating in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) A littering sting.
(b) Bonnie's murder.
(c) The theft of the bust.
(d) A break-in at the library.
5. In what time frame is this book set?
(a) Late 1960s to early 1970s.
(b) Present day.
(c) Mid 1950s.
(d) Late 1970s to early 1980s.
6. What does Raleigh receive from Earley in a brown paper bag?
(a) Car keys and a deed to a house.
(b) Lottery tickets.
(c) Cat food.
(d) $10,000 and some whiskey.
7. What does Raleigh refer to as Knoll Pond?
(a) The subdivision in which he lives.
(b) The property he bought from Jimson.
(c) The town in which Victoria lives.
(d) The neighborhood in which Lovie lives.
8. How old are Caroline and Holly?
(a) 13 and 17.
(b) 14 and 16.
(d) 19 and 15.
9. Where is Raleigh's rental property located?
(a) Kure Beach.
(b) Myrtle Beach.
(c) Diamondhead Beach.
(d) Panama City Beach.
10. After Mingo locks the keys inside the Cadillac, who unlocks it for them?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A locksmith.
(c) A nun.
(d) A wrecker driver.
11. In Part 1, Chapter 12, who is out of prison on parole?
12. Who is with Raleigh when the story begins?
13. Whose trunk is Raleigh trying to retrieve at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
14. Who is Raleigh's namesake?
(a) Raleigh "Dizzy" Gillaspie.
(b) Raleigh Smithpeters, the town founder.
(c) His father.
(d) Sir Walter Raleigh.
15. Who has driven a Cadillac to a service station in Part 1, Chapter 12, looking for a missing car?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raleigh unnerved when he is stopped by a police officer in Part 1, Chapter 8?
2. What is Raleigh reading when the story begins?
3. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
4. Who does Raleigh call from a pay phone in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. Who is Aura?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)