|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Holly doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Mowing her lawn.
(b) Washing her car with her sister.
(c) Practicing cheerleading.
(d) Working on a car with a boy.
2. Who has been Raleigh's friend since childhood?
3. Whose trunk is Raleigh trying to retrieve at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. What does Raleigh steal from the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) A book about town myths and legends.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A bust of Pee Wee Jimson.
(d) A book about Confederate treasures.
5. Who is the note really from that Raleigh discovers in his office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) His father.
(b) Aura's mother.
(d) Bonnie's boyfriend.
6. In the prediction that someone is going to be cheated on by his spouse, with whom is the spouse supposed to be cheating?
(a) Aura's best friend.
(b) Raleigh's best friend.
(c) Mingo's best friend.
(d) Vera's best friend.
7. Who is Lovie's son?
8. Where, ironically, do the items land that are tossed by Raleigh out of his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) In the police station parking lot.
(b) On the hood of a police car.
(c) In Mingo's yard.
(d) Near the abandoned construction site.
9. Who is Vera?
(a) Victoria's granddaughter.
(b) Lovie's daughter.
(c) Raleigh's wife.
(d) Mingo's wife.
10. What is the name of Raleigh's uncle, from whom he received his middle name?
11. Whose home does Raleigh visit in Part 1, Chapter 6 to retrieve the trunk?
12. What physical characteristic best describes Mingo?
13. After the Marines help Raleigh and Mingo, who does Raleigh call from a tavern?
14. What accent do Caroline and Holly have?
(d) Valley girl.
15. What, according to legend, may be buried near Raleigh's hometown on the property he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A Union soldier.
(b) Confederate bills.
(c) Confederate gold.
(d) A map to Confederate treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the building where Raleigh works?
2. After Mingo locks the keys inside the Cadillac, who unlocks it for them?
3. What does Raleigh refer to as Knoll Pond?
4. What does Raleigh take from Mingo before entering the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
5. Where does the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, actually take them?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)