|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
2. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
(a) That his father has come to his senses.
(b) That his stepmother is still alive.
(c) That Aura has not been arrested.
(d) That another man does not answer the phone.
3. What does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(b) Homosexual issues.
(c) The feminest movement.
(d) Nixon's impeachment.
4. What does Earley leave for Raleigh at the hospital in Part 1:Chapter 2?
(a) Instructions for feeding his cat.
(b) A cassette tape-recorded message.
(c) A video recorded on beta.
(d) A letter in a sealed envelope.
5. Who is Bonnie Ellen?
(a) Raleigh's sister.
(b) Raleigh's favorite aunt.
(c) Raleigh's secretary.
(d) Raleigh's mother.
6. How does Raleigh enter the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) Through an air duct.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through a stormwater tunnel.
7. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
8. Where, ironically, do the items land that are tossed by Raleigh out of his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) In Mingo's yard.
(b) In the police station parking lot.
(c) On the hood of a police car.
(d) Near the abandoned construction site.
9. What does Raleigh refer to as Knoll Pond?
(a) The subdivision in which he lives.
(b) The town in which Victoria lives.
(c) The property he bought from Jimson.
(d) The neighborhood in which Lovie lives.
10. Where do Raleigh and Mingo spend the night after hoodlums rob them in the rain?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a ratty hotel.
(c) In a nice hotel.
(d) In a convent.
11. Who does Raleigh call from a pay phone in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
12. What does Raleigh steal from the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A book about town myths and legends.
(c) A book about Confederate treasures.
(d) A bust of Pee Wee Jimson.
13. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 7, how many of Mingo's guns does Raleigh possess?
14. Where is Raleigh's rental property located?
(a) Kure Beach.
(b) Diamondhead Beach.
(c) Panama City Beach.
(d) Myrtle Beach.
15. Whose home does Raleigh visit in Part 1, Chapter 6 to retrieve the trunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Caroline and Holly?
2. Who is the note really from that Raleigh discovers in his office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Where should the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, take them?
4. What is Raleigh's job?
5. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)