|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has driven a Cadillac to a service station in Part 1, Chapter 12, looking for a missing car?
2. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
3. Who is Earley?
(a) Raleigh's uncle.
(b) Raleigh's father.
(c) Raleigh's best friend.
(d) Raleigh's half-brother.
4. What, according to legend, may be buried near Raleigh's hometown on the property he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Confederate bills.
(b) A map to Confederate treasure.
(c) Confederate gold.
(d) A Union soldier.
5. Who has been Raleigh's friend since childhood?
6. What does Raleigh refer to as Knoll Pond?
(a) The property he bought from Jimson.
(b) The subdivision in which he lives.
(c) The neighborhood in which Lovie lives.
(d) The town in which Victoria lives.
7. Where is Raleigh's rental property located?
(a) Myrtle Beach.
(b) Diamondhead Beach.
(c) Panama City Beach.
(d) Kure Beach.
8. Whose trunk is Raleigh trying to retrieve at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
9. Who is Aura?
(a) Victoria's granddaughter.
(b) Jubal's daughter.
(c) Raleigh's wife.
(d) Mingo's wife.
10. Where should the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, take them?
(a) To Chicago.
(b) To Atlanta.
(c) To New Orleans.
(d) To the Carolina coast.
11. What is Caroline doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1:Chapter 2?
(a) Practicing cheerleading.
(b) Working on a car with a boy.
(c) Washing her car with her sister.
(d) Mowing her lawn.
12. What is the name of Raleigh's uncle, from whom he received his middle name?
13. Who is skinny-dipping in the community pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Vera and Mingo.
(b) Raleigh and Aura.
(c) Vera and Raleigh.
(d) Aura and Mingo.
14. Who fears the police are looking for him in regards to their investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
15. In Part 1, Chapter 12, who is out of prison on parole?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose slacks get ripped in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What does Raleigh toss from his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
3. Where, ironically, do the items land that are tossed by Raleigh out of his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
4. What is Raleigh reading when the story begins?
5. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)