|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical characteristic best describes Mingo?
2. Which engine component gives Raleigh car trouble in the Pinto in which he leaves Lovie's house?
(a) The axel.
(b) A point.
(c) A spark plug.
(d) A rod.
3. Who is Victoria Hayes?
(a) Jubal's sister.
(b) Raleigh's favorite aunt.
(c) Raleigh's mother.
(d) Raleigh's wife.
4. Where should the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, take them?
(a) To the Carolina coast.
(b) To Atlanta.
(c) To New Orleans.
(d) To Chicago.
5. Who is Vera?
(a) Mingo's wife.
(b) Victoria's granddaughter.
(c) Lovie's daughter.
(d) Raleigh's wife.
6. In what town does Raleigh live and work?
7. What causes Raleigh and Mingo to leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) A fight breaks out.
(b) They leave with strange women.
(c) They run out of money.
(d) Police raid.
8. Who does Raleigh call from a pay phone in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(b) His aunt.
(d) His father.
9. Where is the trunk that Raleigh is trying to retrieve in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) In Pierce's garage.
(b) In Lovie's attic.
(c) In Victoria's basement.
(d) In Earley's bedroom.
10. What is Caroline doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1:Chapter 2?
(a) Working on a car with a boy.
(b) Washing her car with her sister.
(c) Practicing cheerleading.
(d) Mowing her lawn.
11. What does Raleigh happily discover when he makes a phone call from a tavern after the Marines have helped him?
(a) That another man does not answer the phone.
(b) That Aura has not been arrested.
(c) That his father has come to his senses.
(d) That his stepmother is still alive.
12. Who wants to commit suicide in Part 1, Chapter3?
13. Who decides during a surprise party to run away to South America to avoid the law?
14. In what town does Lovie live?
(b) Knoll Pond.
15. What does Raleigh take from Mingo before entering the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A hat.
(c) His phone number.
(d) The pistol he was going to use to commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Earley leave for Raleigh at the hospital in Part 1:Chapter 2?
2. Who has the family Bible that Raleigh needs to collect?
3. After the Marines help Raleigh and Mingo, who does Raleigh call from a tavern?
4. Where do Raleigh and Mingo go when they leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. Who is skinny-dipping in the community pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)