|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Caroline doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1:Chapter 2?
(a) Practicing cheerleading.
(b) Working on a car with a boy.
(c) Washing her car with her sister.
(d) Mowing her lawn.
2. Who does Raleigh see on TV while visiting Flonnie in a nursing home?
(b) His mother.
3. What does Earley leave for Raleigh at the hospital in Part 1:Chapter 2?
(a) A letter in a sealed envelope.
(b) A video recorded on beta.
(c) Instructions for feeding his cat.
(d) A cassette tape-recorded message.
4. Who has been Raleigh's friend since childhood?
5. Who is Victoria Hayes?
(a) Raleigh's wife.
(b) Raleigh's favorite aunt.
(c) Raleigh's mother.
(d) Jubal's sister.
6. What does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Nixon's impeachment.
(b) The feminest movement.
(c) Homosexual issues.
7. What does Mingo do in Part 1, Chapter 7 that he has never before done?
(a) Climbs to the top of playground monkey bars.
(b) Eats a corndog from a street vendor at the playground.
(c) Goes down a playground slide.
(d) Jumps from a playground swing.
8. Who does Raleigh credit for his desire to be an upstanding citizen?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
9. Who is skinny-dipping in the community pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Vera and Raleigh.
(b) Aura and Mingo.
(c) Raleigh and Aura.
(d) Vera and Mingo.
10. Where is Raleigh when the story begins?
(a) At his house.
(b) In his office.
(c) At his father's house.
(d) The Lotus House.
11. What Marine camp is nearby when Raleigh and Mingo get lost while driving in Part 2, Chapter 16?
12. Who has the family Bible that Raleigh needs to collect?
13. What, according to legend, may be buried near Raleigh's hometown on the property he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Confederate gold.
(b) Confederate bills.
(c) A Union soldier.
(d) A map to Confederate treasure.
14. Where is Raleigh's rental property located?
(a) Diamondhead Beach.
(b) Kure Beach.
(c) Myrtle Beach.
(d) Panama City Beach.
15. Who borrows Vera's car in Part 1, Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Raleigh stopped by police in Part 1, Chapter 8?
2. Who is Earley?
3. Who does Raleigh see when he is on his way to commit the theft in Part 1, Chapter 7?
4. What does Raleigh toss from his car windows in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. Where do Raleigh and Mingo go when they leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)