|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mingo locks the keys inside the Cadillac, who unlocks it for them?
(a) A wrecker driver.
(b) A nun.
(c) A locksmith.
(d) A police officer.
2. What are police investigating in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) The theft of the bust.
(b) Bonnie's murder.
(c) A littering sting.
(d) A break-in at the library.
3. Who has the family Bible that Raleigh needs to collect?
4. How old is Lovie in Part 1, Chapter 11?
5. Where do Raleigh and Mingo spend the night after hoodlums rob them in the rain?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a nice hotel.
(c) In a ratty hotel.
(d) In a convent.
6. What does Raleigh take from Mingo before entering the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) The pistol he was going to use to commit suicide.
(c) A hat.
(d) His phone number.
7. Who is hiding out in Raleigh's rental property?
(c) A drug cartel.
8. Whose trunk is Raleigh trying to retrieve at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
9. Who has driven a Cadillac to a service station in Part 1, Chapter 12, looking for a missing car?
10. Who fears the police are looking for him in regards to their investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
11. Who gets drunk and falls into a pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
12. Who owns the Cadillac that was driven to a service station in Part 1, Chapter 12?
13. Who pulls a gun on someone in a borrowed car in Part 1, Chapter 9?
14. Why is Raleigh unnerved when he is stopped by a police officer in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Because he is afraid of being arrested on an outstanding warrant.
(b) Because he doesn't want his insurance to increase.
(c) Because he isn't wearing his driving glasses.
(d) Because he has just stolen the bust from the library.
15. Where is Raleigh when the story begins?
(a) At his house.
(b) At his father's house.
(c) In his office.
(d) The Lotus House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raleigh refer to as Knoll Pond?
2. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
3. What key element is missing from the police investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
4. Where does the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, actually take them?
5. Who is with Raleigh when the story begins?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)