|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose trunk is Raleigh trying to retrieve at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 6?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 5, who is having an affair with Lizzie Joyner?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how much money does Raleigh pay for the property he sets out to buy?
4. In what town does Raleigh live and work?
5. Who is the janitor in Raleigh's office building?
(a) Bill Jenkins.
(b) Bill Kaiser.
(c) Bill Pierson.
(d) Bill Jimson.
6. Who owns the Cadillac that was driven to a service station in Part 1, Chapter 12?
7. From what Raleigh learns in Part 1, Chapter 2, where does Earley want Raleigh to meet him?
(a) In Mayberry.
(b) In Charlotte.
(c) In Atlanta.
(d) In New Orleans.
8. Who is skinny-dipping in the community pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Raleigh and Aura.
(b) Vera and Mingo.
(c) Aura and Mingo.
(d) Vera and Raleigh.
9. What is Flonnie's favorite past time while living in the nursing home?
(a) Playing bingo.
(b) Listening to ballgames.
(c) Pranking the nurse staff.
(d) Watching game shows.
10. On which route do Raleigh and Mingo think they are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16?
(a) Route 66.
(b) Interstate 20.
(c) Highway 55.
(d) Route 50.
11. Who is Lovie's son?
12. What car does Raleigh own in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Ford Fiesta.
(c) Mercury Capris.
(d) Buick LeSabre.
13. Why is Raleigh unnerved when he is stopped by a police officer in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Because he doesn't want his insurance to increase.
(b) Because he is afraid of being arrested on an outstanding warrant.
(c) Because he has just stolen the bust from the library.
(d) Because he isn't wearing his driving glasses.
14. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to fall to pieces by the end of the month?
15. What is Caroline doing when Raleigh arrives in Part 1:Chapter 2?
(a) Practicing cheerleading.
(b) Mowing her lawn.
(c) Washing her car with her sister.
(d) Working on a car with a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 12, who is out of prison on parole?
2. What key element is missing from the police investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
3. What does Raleigh refer to as Knoll Pond?
4. What is Raleigh reading when the story begins?
5. Why is Raleigh stopped by police in Part 1, Chapter 8?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)