|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bonnie at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) At church,
(b) In her kitchen at home.
(c) In a pit at an abandoned construction mine.
(d) At her desk.
2. What is Flonnie's favorite past time while living in the nursing home?
(a) Pranking the nurse staff.
(b) Playing bingo.
(c) Listening to ballgames.
(d) Watching game shows.
3. What does Aura protest in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) The feminest movement.
(b) Homosexual issues.
(c) Nixon's impeachment.
4. Where should the route that Raleigh and Mingo are driving, in Part 2, Chapter 16, take them?
(a) To the Carolina coast.
(b) To New Orleans.
(c) To Chicago.
(d) To Atlanta.
5. Whose slacks get ripped in Part 1, Chapter 3?
6. Whose house is for sale in Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Raleigh's father's.
(c) Mingo's sister's.
7. How does Raleigh enter the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) Through an air duct.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through a stormwater tunnel.
8. On what floor is Raleigh's office located?
9. Who is Raleigh's namesake?
(a) Raleigh Smithpeters, the town founder.
(b) His father.
(c) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(d) Raleigh "Dizzy" Gillaspie.
10. What key element is missing from the police investigation in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) Bonnie's body.
(b) A shoe.
(c) DNA samples.
(d) A weapon.
11. After Mingo locks the keys inside the Cadillac, who unlocks it for them?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A nun.
(c) A locksmith.
(d) A wrecker driver.
12. Who does Raleigh credit for his desire to be an upstanding citizen?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
13. Who is Vera?
(a) Raleigh's wife.
(b) Mingo's wife.
(c) Victoria's granddaughter.
(d) Lovie's daughter.
14. What is Raleigh's job?
(b) Retail clerk.
(c) Insurance salesman.
15. What does Mingo do in Part 1, Chapter 7 that he has never before done?
(a) Eats a corndog from a street vendor at the playground.
(b) Jumps from a playground swing.
(c) Climbs to the top of playground monkey bars.
(d) Goes down a playground slide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Raleigh and Mingo to leave the tavern in Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. Who is the note really from that Raleigh discovers in his office in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Whose home does Raleigh visit in Part 1, Chapter 6 to retrieve the trunk?
4. What physical characteristic best describes Mingo?
5. Who gets drunk and falls into a pool in Part 1, Chapter 3?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)