|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, The Return: Chapters 34-37, Showing Our Hero's Return Home; In Which Raleigh Inherits a Fortune; Wherein the Story of Raleigh W. Hayes Draws to a Close; Why Raleigh Married Aura.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Gates when his mother divorces Raleigh's father?
2. What is Raleigh's job?
(b) Insurance salesman.
(c) Retail clerk.
3. Who teaches Mingo how to play blues and jazz piano?
4. Which engine component gives Raleigh car trouble in the Pinto in which he leaves Lovie's house?
(a) A point.
(b) A spark plug.
(c) The axel.
(d) A rod.
5. What is discovered when digging up the hidden treasure?
(a) Only one gold bar remains.
(b) Only one gold coin remains.
(c) It is silver, not gold, that has been buried.
(d) The money is Confederate bills; worthless today.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
2. Who is supposed to have the trumpet that Raleigh needs to retrieve?
3. Who does Raleigh see when he is on his way to commit the theft in Part 1, Chapter 7?
4. Where does Weeper live, at the time of the revival?
5. What literary technique is used in Part 2, Chapter 17 to inform the reader about the past relationship between Raleigh and Gates?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)