|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, The Call: Chapters 6-7, Of the Advice Given Raleigh by His Only Sane Aunt; In Which the Hero Commits a Crime.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raleigh take from Mingo before entering the library in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) The pistol he was going to use to commit suicide.
(c) His phone number.
(d) A hat.
2. What, according to legend, may be buried near Raleigh's hometown on the property he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Confederate gold.
(b) A Union soldier.
(c) Confederate bills.
(d) A map to Confederate treasure.
3. What is Raleigh's job?
(a) Insurance salesman.
(b) Retail clerk.
4. How do the people of Raleigh's hometown view the story regarding the land that he sets out to buy in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) As fact.
(b) As possible.
(c) As a myth.
(d) As irrelevant.
5. From what Raleigh learns in Part 1, Chapter 2, where does Earley want Raleigh to meet him?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) In Mayberry.
(c) In Charlotte.
(d) In Atlanta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Raleigh call from a pay phone in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. Who is Earley?
3. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 7, how many of Mingo's guns does Raleigh possess?
4. When he returns to his office after buying property in Part 1, Chapter 5, who does Raleigh discover has left him a note at work?
5. What car does Raleigh own in the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)