Part 1, The Call: Chapter 1, In Which the Hero Is Introduced and Receives a Blow
1. What is Raleigh reading when the story begins?
(a) A fortune cookie.
(b) Restroom wall graffiti.
(c) A business magazine.
(d) A newspaper.
2. Where is Raleigh when the story begins?
(a) At his house.
(b) The Lotus House.
(c) At his father's house.
(d) In his office.
3. Who is with Raleigh when the story begins?
4. Who has been Raleigh's friend since childhood?
5. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to fall to pieces by the end of the month?
6. In the beginning of the novel, who is predicted to be cheated on by his spouse?
7. In the prediction that someone is going to be cheated on by his spouse, with whom is the spouse supposed to be cheating?
(a) Mingo's best friend.
(b) Aura's best friend.
(c) Vera's best friend.
(d) Raleigh's best friend.
8. What is Raleigh's job?
(b) Retail clerk.
(c) Insurance salesman.
This section contains 3,756 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)