Part 1, The Call: Chapter 1, In Which the Hero Is Introduced and Receives a Blow
• Part 1, The Call: Chapter 1, In Which the Hero Is Introduced and Receives a Blow
• Raleigh and Mingo are having lunch at the Lotus House.
• Raleigh's fortune cookie message says he will fall to pieces by the end of the month.
• Mingo's fortune cookies message says that his wife is having an affair with his best friend.
• Neither man takes the cookie prediction seriously. Someone has replaced the mundane messages with negative ones.
• Raleigh lives and works in Thermopylae.
• Raleigh is an insurance salesman with an office on the twelfth floor of the Forbes Building.
• Raleigh's secretary is Bonnie Ellen.
• Mingo works at the Knox-Bury clothing store.
• Mingo and his wife, Vera, have weight issues. Mingo is obese while Vera is voluptuous, but only after having her mouth wired shut to help her lose weight...
This section contains 3,676 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)