|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hamlet kill in his mother's room?
2. Hamlet's attitude towards Rosencrantz and Guildenstern changes over the course of the play. By Act 4, Scene 2, what does he say about them?
(a) They are weak and foolish.
(b) They are spies for Claudius.
(c) They are good, true friends.
(d) They are dangerous.
3. When Claudius finds out Hamlet has killed someone, what is he most worried about?
(a) Whether a doctor can help Hamlet get better.
(b) Whether Hamlet will try to kill.
(c) Whether Hamlet should stand trial.
(d) Whether the murder will affect his power and ability to rule.
4. How does Laertes die?
(a) He is forced to drink poisoned wine and is stabbed with a poisoned sword.
(b) Hamlet kills him with a poisoned sword.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He drinks poisoned wine meant for Hamlet.
5. After the murder, Claudius tells Hamlet to leave right away. Where should Hamlet go?
(a) Off to prison.
(c) Back to school.
(d) To be locked in his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet leaves his mother's room in Act 3, Scene 4, what does he take with him?
2. When Laertes returns after his father's death, what does he want?
3. Claudius finally gives Rosencrantz and Guildenstern sealed orders for how to handle Hamlet. What do those orders say?
4. Hamlet finally tells Claudius how to find the body of his first victim: "But indeed, if you find him not within this month, you shall nose him as you go up the stairs into the lobby." How is Hamlet saying that they might find the body?
5. Claudius tells Laertes there are two reasons why he has not ordered Hamlet killed. What are those reasons?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)