|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Act 4, Scene 4, the audience finally sees a character that has been talked about since the start of the play. Who is this character?
2. Where does Claudius want the body of Hamlet's first victim to be taken?
(a) To the chapel.
(b) To the police.
(c) To the graveyard.
(d) To the doctor.
3. At the end of the play, a messenger arrives from England with news. What is the news?
(a) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern have been executed.
(b) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are on their way back to Denmark.
(c) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern have sent help to Denmark.
(d) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern have arrived safely.
4. While explaining Hamlet's crime to his courtiers, why does Claudius say he has to be gentle with Hamlet?
(a) The people of Denmark love him.
(b) Gertrude will be upset if they are hard on him.
(c) He is crazy, but not a bad person.
(d) He is still a prince.
5. Who does Hamlet kill in his mother's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
2. The first time the audience sees Hamlet after he has killed someone, he says "Safely stowed." What does he mean?
3. After he leaves the ship, how will Hamlet make his way back to Elsinore?
4. When Laertes returns after his father's death, what do the common people say about him?
5. What happens to Horatio at the end of the play?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)