|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamlet leaves his mother's room in Act 3, Scene 4, what does he take with him?
(a) The dead body of Claudius.
(b) The dead body of Polonius.
(c) A portrait of his mother.
(d) A portrait of his dead father.
2. When Laertes returns after his father's death, what does he want?
(a) To take over the throne of Denmark.
(b) To talk to Hamlet.
(c) Revenge on the people responsible for his father's death.
(d) To visit with his sister.
3. The first time the audience sees Hamlet after he has killed someone, he says "Safely stowed." What does he mean?
(a) He has hidden the body.
(b) He has scared Ophelia away from him forever.
(c) He has established proof that he is crazy.
(d) He has convinced his mother to help him.
4. What does Claudius say about Laertes and Ophelia's death?
(a) He thinks Laertes is responsible for Ophelia's death.
(b) He knew about Ophelia's death, but did not want to tell Laertes.
(c) He is worried Ophelia's death will enrage Laertes.
(d) He is afraid Laertes may kill himself because of Ophelia's death.
5. After the murder, Claudius tells Hamlet to leave right away. Where should Hamlet go?
(a) Back to school.
(b) To be locked in his room.
(d) Off to prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ophelia say about violets?
2. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
3. What do the gravediggers say about Ophelia's burial?
4. Claudius tells Laertes there are two reasons why he has not ordered Hamlet killed. What are those reasons?
5. What happens to Horatio at the end of the play?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)