|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, scene 4, while watching the troops and reflecting on his own behavior, what does Hamlet promise about his future actions?
(a) They will be fast.
(b) They will be crafty.
(c) They will be careful.
(d) They will be bloody.
2. What are the Norwegian soldiers fighting over?
(a) An insult.
(b) A little piece of worthless land.
(c) A country.
(d) A king's assassination.
3. The sailors from the pirate ships deliver letters to Elsinore. Who are the letters from?
4. At the end of Act 4, Scene 5, what does Claudius offer to do for Laertes?
(a) Help Laertes kill Hamlet.
(b) Show Laertes where his father is buried.
(c) Tell Laertes the truth about his father's death.
(d) Take care of Ophelia.
5. Laertes comes up with another idea to make sure his duel with Hamlet will result in Hamlet's death. What is it?
(a) Damage Hamlet's armor so he is vulnerable.
(b) Fix Laertes's sword so it is sharp.
(c) Force Hamlet to drink poison before the fight.
(d) Poison the tip of the sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet leaves his mother's room in Act 3, Scene 4, what does he take with him?
2. What happens between Laertes and Hamlet in the graveyard scene?
3. When Hamlet visits his mother in her room in Act 3, Scene 4, he speaks very harshly to his mother. What makes him stop?
4. While explaining Hamlet's crime to his courtiers, why does Claudius say he has to be gentle with Hamlet?
5. Who does Hamlet kill in his mother's room?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)