Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Watching the troops attacking, Hamlet decides that he is less of a man than their leader. Why does he say that?
(a) He has a better reason to fight than the leader, but he does not fight.
(b) The leader is a common man, while Hamlet is a prince.
(c) Hamlet was never in the army, unlike the troops' leader.
(d) Hamlet has only killed one man and the leader has killed many.
2. After witnessing Hamlet kill someone, Gertrude hurries to find Claudius. Who is he talking to when she comes in?
(a) The ambassadors to Norway.
(b) Laertes and Ophelia.
(c) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
3. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
(a) He is not crazy.
(b) He is determined to get revenge.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is mad with love for Ophelia.
4. In Act 4, scene 4, while watching the troops and reflecting on his own behavior, what does Hamlet promise about his future actions?
(a) They will be fast.
(b) They will be careful.
(c) They will be bloody.
(d) They will be crafty.
5. What happens to Horatio at the end of the play?
(a) He wants to kill himself, but Hamlet asks him to live.
(b) He gets poisoned by accident.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He wants to kill himself, but Fortinbras stops him.
6. Where does Claudius want the body of Hamlet's first victim to be taken?
(a) To the police.
(b) To the doctor.
(c) To the graveyard.
(d) To the chapel.
7. The first time the audience sees Hamlet after he has killed someone, he says "Safely stowed." What does he mean?
(a) He has hidden the body.
(b) He has established proof that he is crazy.
(c) He has scared Ophelia away from him forever.
(d) He has convinced his mother to help him.
8. When Claudius hears that Hamlet has killed someone, what does he say?
(a) Hamlet might have killed him.
(b) Hamlet is a brave man.
(c) Hamlet needs to be sent to jail.
(d) Hamlet needs to be executed.
9. Who does Hamlet kill in his mother's room?
10. In the letter that the sailors deliver in Act 4, Scene 6, it says: "when thou shalt have overlooked this, give these fellows some means to the king: they have letters for him." What is the writer of the letter asking?
(a) Help the sailors get in to see Claudius.
(b) Give the sailors a tip for delivering the letters.
(c) Help the sailors get in to see the dead king's body.
(d) This letter is meant for the king. You should not read it.
11. How does Laertes die?
(a) He drinks poisoned wine meant for Hamlet.
(b) He is forced to drink poisoned wine and is stabbed with a poisoned sword.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) Hamlet kills him with a poisoned sword.
12. After reading the letters brought by the sailors in Act 4, Scene 6, what does Horatio say he wants to do?
(a) Go get Hamlet.
(b) Tell Claudius about Hamlet.
(c) Tell Gertrude about Hamlet.
(d) Wait until Hamlet arrives in Elsinore.
13. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
14. Some sailors arrive at Elsinore from a pirate ship in Act 4, Scene 6. Who do they deliver a letter to?
15. What does Ophelia say about violets?
(a) Violets are her favorite flower.
(b) The violets died when her father died.
(c) Violets stand for thoughts.
(d) Violets stand for remembrance.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sailors from the pirate ships deliver letters to Elsinore. Who are the letters from?
2. Claudius asks Hamlet a second time about where they can find his victim. Hamlet responds, "In heaven; send hither to see: if your messenger find him not there, seek him i' the other place yourself." What other place is Hamlet suggesting Claudius visit?
3. What happens to Ophelia after her father's death?
4. When Hamlet leaves his mother's room in Act 3, Scene 4, what does he take with him?
5. Claudius finally gives Rosencrantz and Guildenstern sealed orders for how to handle Hamlet. What do those orders say?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)