Short Essay Answer Key
1. What is the setting (time and place) at the beginning of the day?
As the play begins, it is a dark, cold night outside the castle in Elsinore, Denmark.
2. Who does the Ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
The Ghost at the beginning of the play looks like the recently deceased King of Denmark; it is dressed the way the king dressed when he battled against Norway.
3. Does the Ghost at the beginning of the play talk to the watchers?
The Ghost looks like it will speak, but the cock crows and the ghost disappears.
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he will do next?
At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, Horatio says he will tell Hamlet about the ghost.
5. The first time Claudius appears on stage, he gives a speech...
This section contains 2,720 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)