Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is the setting (time and place) at the beginning of the day?
2. Who does the Ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
3. Does the Ghost at the beginning of the play talk to the watchers?
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he will do next?
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 2
5. The first time Claudius appears on stage, he gives a speech describing the current state of affairs in Denmark. He identifies...
This section contains 1,304 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)