|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He wants to talk to it.
(b) He does not believe it exists.
(c) He wants it to leave him alone.
(d) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
2. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. After Claudius and Polonius watch Hamlet interact with Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius say about Hamlet's behavior?
(a) He is convinced Hamlet is crazy because of love for Ophelia.
(b) He is suspicious that Hamlet is not really crazy.
(c) He does not think Hamlet is crazy because of love for Ophelia.
(d) He is convinced that Hamlet needs to see a doctor.
4. Hamlet sees Ophelia just as he finishes the "To be or not to be" speech. How does he act when he first sees her?
(a) He greets her pleasantly.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He stares at her but says nothing.
(d) He runs away.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
(a) She had an unpleasant encounter with Hamlet.
(b) She saw Hamlet slap Gertrude in the face.
(c) She saw a fight between Claudius and Hamlet.
(d) She saw the ghost talking to Hamlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Claudius finds out Hamlet has killed someone, what is he most worried about?
2. Who does Hamlet kill in his mother's room?
3. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
4. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
5. After Hamlet yells at Ophelia to go to a nunnery, what does she say about him?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)