|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
(a) Bless him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Drive him crazy.
(d) Curse him.
2. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are on watch.
(b) They are fighting in a battle.
(c) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
(d) They are eating a meal together.
3. Who is "poor Yorick"?
(a) The king's jester, now dead.
(b) Hamlet's grandfather, now dead.
(c) The gravedigger who is old and tired.
(d) Hamlet's servant, who is old and tired.
4. Hamlet enters about halfway through Act 3, Scene 3. When he comes in, what is Claudius doing?
(d) Talking to Polonius.
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(c) Pouring rain.
(d) Very cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Laertes and Hamlet in the graveyard scene?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
3. Where does Claudius want the body of Hamlet's first victim to be taken?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
5. Claudius tells Laertes there are two reasons why he has not ordered Hamlet killed. What are those reasons?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)