|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(c) Pouring rain.
(d) Very cold.
2. When Hamlet visits his mother in her room in Act 3, Scene 4, he speaks very harshly to his mother. What makes him stop?
(a) The ghost appears.
(b) Claudius enters the room.
(c) Ophelia enters the room.
(d) Getrude kills herself.
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, what does Hamlet agree to do?
(a) Talk to Gertrude.
(b) Go see the king.
(c) See a doctor.
(d) Go to England.
4. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it is in pain.
(b) It looks like it is crying.
(c) It looks like it wants to speak.
(d) It looks like it wants to scare people.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
(a) She saw the ghost talking to Hamlet.
(b) She saw Hamlet slap Gertrude in the face.
(c) She saw a fight between Claudius and Hamlet.
(d) She had an unpleasant encounter with Hamlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ophelia doing when she was frightened by Hamlet in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
3. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
4. What message is the Norwegian Captain supposed to deliver to Claudius in Act 4, Scene 4?
5. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)