|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Claudius want the body of Hamlet's first victim to be taken?
(a) To the police.
(b) To the chapel.
(c) To the doctor.
(d) To the graveyard.
2. When Hamlet visits his mother in her room in Act 3, Scene 4, he speaks very harshly to his mother. What makes him stop?
(a) Claudius enters the room.
(b) Ophelia enters the room.
(c) Getrude kills herself.
(d) The ghost appears.
3. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
(a) It walks at night and is tortured by day.
(b) It walks all the time, hoping someone will set it free.
(c) It is tortured and burned in a fire all the time.
(d) It walks at night and is frozen in a block of ice during the day.
4. What does Ophelia say about violets?
(a) The violets died when her father died.
(b) Violets are her favorite flower.
(c) Violets stand for thoughts.
(d) Violets stand for remembrance.
5. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(b) Written notes.
(d) Money and written notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
2. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
3. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
4. What happens between Laertes and Hamlet in the graveyard scene?
5. Claudius suggests a duel between Laertes and Hamlet, but that type of duel usually is not deadly. What does Claudius suggest they do to injure Hamlet?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)