|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A welcoming speech by their sponsor, Prince Hamlet.
(b) A dumbshow, in which they do not speak.
(c) An opening scene that shows how much the king and queen love each other.
(d) A prologue, in which they summarize the upcoming play.
2. What was Ophelia doing when she was frightened by Hamlet in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He does not believe it exists.
(b) He wants to talk to it.
(c) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(d) He wants it to leave him alone.
4. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Polonius and Ophelia.
(b) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(c) Claudius and Hamlet.
(d) Gertrude and Ophelia.
5. The first time the audience sees Hamlet after he has killed someone, he says "Safely stowed." What does he mean?
(a) He has scared Ophelia away from him forever.
(b) He has convinced his mother to help him.
(c) He has established proof that he is crazy.
(d) He has hidden the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
2. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
3. After watching Hamlet and Ophelia together in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius decide to do with Hamlet?
4. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
5. The tone of the conversation between Hamlet and Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1 changes abruptly when Ophelia does what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)