|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Kill somebody.
(c) Pretend to be crazy.
(d) Leave the country forever.
2. Laertes comes up with another idea to make sure his duel with Hamlet will result in Hamlet's death. What is it?
(a) Fix Laertes's sword so it is sharp.
(b) Damage Hamlet's armor so he is vulnerable.
(c) Poison the tip of the sword.
(d) Force Hamlet to drink poison before the fight.
3. What additional method does Claudius suggest so that even if Hamlet wins the duel with Laertes, Hamlet will still die?
(a) Challenge Hamlet to a duel himself.
(b) Give Hamlet a poisoned drink.
(c) Arrest Hamlet for Polonius's death.
(d) Hire an assassin to kill Hamlet.
4. What message is the Norwegian Captain supposed to deliver to Claudius in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The armies of Norway will attack at dawn.
(b) The armies of Norway want passage through Denmark.
(c) The armies of Denmark must surrender their weapons.
(d) The armies of Norway have defeated the Poles.
5. When Hamlet and his mother finally talk in Gertrude's room, she says, "Hamlet, thou hast thy father much offended." Hamlet responds, "Mother, you have my father much offended." Why is that dialogue important?
(a) Gertrude is talking about the dead king, but Hamlet is talking about Claudius.
(b) Gertrude is using the dead king to force Hamlet to behave himself.
(c) Hamlet has decided to act crazy even with his mother.
(d) Getrude is talking about Claudius, but Hamlet is talking about the dead king.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
2. When Hamlet first sees Laertes in the graveyard scene, what does Hamlet say about him?
3. When Claudius finds out Hamlet has killed someone, what is he most worried about?
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
5. Claudius tells Laertes there are two reasons why he has not ordered Hamlet killed. What are those reasons?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)