|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
(a) Hamlet is taking his father's death too hard.
(b) Hamlet has always been a strange boy and his father's death has driven him insane.
(c) Hamlet is mad with love for Ophelia.
(d) Hamlet has studied too hard at school.
2. Claudius suggests a duel between Laertes and Hamlet, but that type of duel usually is not deadly. What does Claudius suggest they do to injure Hamlet?
(a) Force Hamlet to drink poison before the fight.
(b) Bribe the referee.
(c) Damage Hamlet's armor so he is vulnerable.
(d) Fix Laertes's sword so it is sharp.
3. Who is Claudius?
(a) The Prince of Norway.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) Hamlet's brother.
(d) Hamlet's uncle and the new king.
4. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(b) He wants to talk to it.
(c) He does not believe it exists.
(d) He wants it to leave him alone.
5. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
2. After Hamlet's behavior during the play-within-a-play, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern agree to do with Hamlet?
3. Where does Claudius want the body of Hamlet's first victim to be taken?
4. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Hamlet says of Claudius: "He took my father grossly, full of bread; With all his crimes broad blown, as flush as May." What does Hamlet mean by that?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)