|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polonius gives Reynaldo very specific instructions about how to find the information he wants. What are those instructions?
(a) Ask his son directly.
(b) Talk to the local police department.
(c) Lie about him if that helps bring out the truth.
(d) Ask his son's friends and teachers.
2. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, what does Hamlet agree to do?
(a) Go to England.
(b) See a doctor.
(c) Go see the king.
(d) Talk to Gertrude.
3. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Laertes killed Hamlet's father.
(b) Claudius killed Hamlet's father.
(c) Ophelia killed Hamlet's father.
(d) Hamlet's mother killed Hamlet's father.
4. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
(b) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
(c) He tells them nothing.
(d) He says the ghost is a liar.
5. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) Protect her from the murderer.
(b) What happened is her fault.
(c) She is a good woman.
(d) Do not blame her for what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
2. Hamlet makes an ominous statement about married people: "those that are married already, all but one, shall live." What does that mean and who is he talking about?
3. Who is Ophelia in love with?
4. Claudius asks Hamlet a second time about where they can find his victim. Hamlet responds, "In heaven; send hither to see: if your messenger find him not there, seek him i' the other place yourself." What other place is Hamlet suggesting Claudius visit?
5. Claudius tells Laertes there are two reasons why he has not ordered Hamlet killed. What are those reasons?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)