|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hamlet's attitude towards Rosencrantz and Guildenstern changes over the course of the play. By Act 4, Scene 2, what does he say about them?
(a) They are dangerous.
(b) They are spies for Claudius.
(c) They are good, true friends.
(d) They are weak and foolish.
2. After the play, Claudius meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to discuss Hamlet's condition. Are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern more sympathetic to Claudius, Hamlet, or someone else?
3. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Make sure he does not hurt you.
(b) Do not go to bed with him.
(c) Do not trust his promises of love.
(d) Ask him to marry you.
4. Laertes comes up with another idea to make sure his duel with Hamlet will result in Hamlet's death. What is it?
(a) Damage Hamlet's armor so he is vulnerable.
(b) Force Hamlet to drink poison before the fight.
(c) Fix Laertes's sword so it is sharp.
(d) Poison the tip of the sword.
5. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him break the news to his mother.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(d) Help him avenge the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the funeral procession makes it way through the graveyard, Hamlet notices there are "maimed rites." What does that signify?
2. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
3. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
4. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
5. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)