|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Laertes and Hamlet in the graveyard scene?
(a) Laertes tries to kill Hamlet.
(b) They both jump into Ophelia's grave and get in a fight.
(c) Laertes blames Hamlet for his sister's death.
(d) They shake hands over Ophelia's grave.
2. The sailors from the pirate ships deliver letters to Elsinore. Who are the letters from?
3. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
(a) Fearsome creature.
(b) King, father, royal Dane.
(c) Devil, demon, bane of Heaven.
(d) Angel and minister of grace.
4. As the funeral procession makes it way through the graveyard, Hamlet notices there are "maimed rites." What does that signify?
(a) That the person died from the plague.
(b) That the person who died was poor.
(c) That the person who died was very old.
(d) That the person died by suicide.
5. Ophelia comes to watch the play. Before the play begins, how does Hamlet act towards her?
(a) He yells at her and tries to hit her.
(b) He is friendly and apologizes for his earlier behavior.
(c) He ignores her and pretends he does not see her.
(d) He flirts with her and makes suggestive remarks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he leaves the ship, how will Hamlet make his way back to Elsinore?
2. What is the main idea of Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech?
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, what does Hamlet agree to do?
4. In their first conversation together, what important information does Hamlet reveal to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
5. What message is the Norwegian Captain supposed to deliver to Claudius in Act 4, Scene 4?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)