|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
(a) Buy the fanciest clothes you can find.
(b) Get costly, but not showy or ostentatious clothes.
(c) Nobody pays attention to what you wear.
(d) Buy the least expensive clothes you can find.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about Hamlet's clothes?
(a) His clothes were in disarray.
(b) He was wearing the shirt she embroidered for him.
(c) He was still dressed all in black.
(d) He was wearing his father's armor.
3. What does Ophelia she say about the herb rosemary?
(a) Rosemary is her favorite plant.
(b) Rosemary stands for remembrance.
(c) Rosemary stands for thoughts.
(d) The rosemary died when her father died.
4. Early in Act 2, Polonius believes he has found the cause of Hamlet's behavior. What is the first thing he does to test his theory?
(a) Eavesdrop on him while he prays.
(b) Eavesdrop on him while he talks to Horatio.
(c) Arrange for him to meet Ophelia and spy on them together.
(d) Send him to a doctor.
5. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
(a) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to add in a speech with new lines.
(b) To perform both "The Murder of Gonzago" and "Priam and Hecuba" for the court.
(c) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to let Hamlet play a role in it.
(d) Not to perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to perform Hamlet's favorite play instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
2. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
3. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
4. After the play, Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, and Claudius meet to discuss Hamlet. Polonius joins them. What does he tell Claudius?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, what happens when Polonius first tries to speak to Hamlet?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)