|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polonius asks Claudius to arrange for Hamlet to go somewhere after the play's performance. Where is Hamlet supposed to go?
(a) To see Ophelia.
(b) To see his mother.
(c) To see a doctor.
(d) To see Claudius.
2. Claudius asks Hamlet a second time about where they can find his victim. Hamlet responds, "In heaven; send hither to see: if your messenger find him not there, seek him i' the other place yourself." What other place is Hamlet suggesting Claudius visit?
(a) Gertrude's bedroom.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The chapel.
3. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are on watch.
(b) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
(c) They are eating a meal together.
(d) They are fighting in a battle.
4. Hamlet's attitude towards Rosencrantz and Guildenstern changes over the course of the play. By Act 4, Scene 2, what does he say about them?
(a) They are dangerous.
(b) They are spies for Claudius.
(c) They are weak and foolish.
(d) They are good, true friends.
5. Hamlet sees Ophelia just as he finishes the "To be or not to be" speech. How does he act when he first sees her?
(a) He stares at her but says nothing.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He greets her pleasantly.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
2. What does Hamlet ask Horatio to do during the play's performance?
3. After reading the letters brought by the sailors in Act 4, Scene 6, what does Horatio say he wants to do?
4. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
5. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)