|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Claudius hears that Hamlet has killed someone, what does he say?
(a) Hamlet needs to be sent to jail.
(b) Hamlet needs to be executed.
(c) Hamlet might have killed him.
(d) Hamlet is a brave man.
2. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
(a) It should help him be a good leader.
(b) It is an old tradition that every king should follow.
(c) It makes the Danes look bad to other countries.
(d) It is something he should stop doing now that he is King.
3. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He wants to talk to it.
(b) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(c) He wants it to leave him alone.
(d) He does not believe it exists.
4. What happens between Laertes and Hamlet in the graveyard scene?
(a) They shake hands over Ophelia's grave.
(b) They both jump into Ophelia's grave and get in a fight.
(c) Laertes blames Hamlet for his sister's death.
(d) Laertes tries to kill Hamlet.
5. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hamlet yells at Ophelia to go to a nunnery, what does she say about him?
2. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
3. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
5. Who is Ophelia in love with?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)