|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time the audience sees Hamlet after he has killed someone, he says "Safely stowed." What does he mean?
(a) He has scared Ophelia away from him forever.
(b) He has convinced his mother to help him.
(c) He has hidden the body.
(d) He has established proof that he is crazy.
2. Watching the troops attacking, Hamlet decides that he is less of a man than their leader. Why does he say that?
(a) The leader is a common man, while Hamlet is a prince.
(b) He has a better reason to fight than the leader, but he does not fight.
(c) Hamlet has only killed one man and the leader has killed many.
(d) Hamlet was never in the army, unlike the troops' leader.
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 5, what does Claudius offer to do for Laertes?
(a) Help Laertes kill Hamlet.
(b) Show Laertes where his father is buried.
(c) Tell Laertes the truth about his father's death.
(d) Take care of Ophelia.
4. As Claudius speaks about his guilt in Act 3, Scene 3, what does he say about repenting?
(a) He is sure that heaven will forgive him for his crime.
(b) Only the weak repent.
(c) He wants to repent, but cannot tell anyone what he has done.
(d) He cannot repent because he still has the crown and the queen -- the two things he did the murder for.
5. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is asked where his first victim's body is, what does Hamlet do?
2. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
3. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
4. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. The sailors from the pirate ships deliver letters to Elsinore. Who are the letters from?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)