|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tone of the conversation between Hamlet and Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1 changes abruptly when Ophelia does what?
(a) Kisses Hamlet.
(b) Gives back the letters and gifts Hamlet gave her.
(c) Mentions her father.
(d) Tries to leave the room.
2. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
(a) He is startled, but tries to talk to it.
(b) He is angry and tries to attack it.
(c) He is frightened and runs away.
(d) He is upset and starts to cry.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
(b) To show him his father's ghost.
(c) To cover for them while they take a break.
(d) To confirm what they have seen.
4. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
(c) No one.
5. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) After midnight.
(b) Almost midnight.
(c) Lunch time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudius say about Laertes and Ophelia's death?
2. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
3. When Hamlet visits his mother in her room in Act 3, Scene 4, he speaks very harshly to his mother. What makes him stop?
4. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
5. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)