|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does Hamlet reveal about his reasons for wanting the players to perform?
(a) He thinks the play will distract him.
(b) He thinks the players are very talented.
(c) He thinks the play will remind Gertrude of her first husband.
(d) He wants to use the play to test Claudius's conscience.
2. Why does Hamlet talk to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about a recorder?
(a) Hamlet says they want to play him like a recorder and get information out of him.
(b) Hamlet says he wants to learn to play the recorder.
(c) Hamlet asks them to teach him how to play the recorder.
(d) Hamlet wants them to make the musicians stop playing the recorder.
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 5, what does Claudius offer to do for Laertes?
(a) Help Laertes kill Hamlet.
(b) Show Laertes where his father is buried.
(c) Tell Laertes the truth about his father's death.
(d) Take care of Ophelia.
4. In their first conversation together, what important information does Hamlet reveal to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) He is not crazy -- at least, not all the time.
(b) He feels like he really is going crazy.
(c) He tells them about the ghost and his suspicions of Claudius.
(d) He tells them that he wants to marry Ophelia.
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
(a) Talk to a priest.
(b) Tell Prince Hamlet about the ghost.
(c) Talk to the king.
(d) Watch for the ghost on the next night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "poor Yorick"?
2. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
3. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
4. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
5. Polonius gives Reynaldo very specific instructions about how to find the information he wants. What are those instructions?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)