|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hamlet talk to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about a recorder?
(a) Hamlet wants them to make the musicians stop playing the recorder.
(b) Hamlet says he wants to learn to play the recorder.
(c) Hamlet says they want to play him like a recorder and get information out of him.
(d) Hamlet asks them to teach him how to play the recorder.
2. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
(a) Go with the ghost.
(b) Send for a priest.
(c) Do not go with the ghost.
(d) Tell the king about the ghost.
3. What does Ophelia she say about the herb rosemary?
(a) The rosemary died when her father died.
(b) Rosemary is her favorite plant.
(c) Rosemary stands for thoughts.
(d) Rosemary stands for remembrance.
4. What are the Norwegian soldiers fighting over?
(a) A country.
(b) A little piece of worthless land.
(c) An insult.
(d) A king's assassination.
5. In the letter that the sailors deliver in Act 4, Scene 6, it says: "when thou shalt have overlooked this, give these fellows some means to the king: they have letters for him." What is the writer of the letter asking?
(a) This letter is meant for the king. You should not read it.
(b) Help the sailors get in to see the dead king's body.
(c) Give the sailors a tip for delivering the letters.
(d) Help the sailors get in to see Claudius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
2. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
3. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
4. What does Polonius tell Gertrude to do in Act 3, Scene 4 regarding Hamlet?
5. Some sailors arrive at Elsinore from a pirate ship in Act 4, Scene 6. Who do they deliver a letter to?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)