|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hamlet's behavior during the play-within-a-play, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern agree to do with Hamlet?
(a) Take him to a doctor.
(b) Take him to England right away.
(c) Take him to England next summer.
(d) Kill him.
2. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) Protect her from the murderer.
(b) Do not blame her for what happened.
(c) What happened is her fault.
(d) She is a good woman.
3. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
(a) Tell the king.
(b) Talk to Hamlet himself.
(c) Tell the queen.
(d) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
4. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Ask him to marry you.
(b) Do not trust his promises of love.
(c) Make sure he does not hurt you.
(d) Do not go to bed with him.
5. Claudius tells Laertes there are two reasons why he has not ordered Hamlet killed. What are those reasons?
(a) Because the common people love him and Fortinbras might attack if he is killed.
(b) Because Gertrude loves him and Ophelia might kill herself if he is killed.
(c) Because Hamlet is heir to the throne and Gertrude loves him.
(d) Because Gertrude loves him and the common people love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the murder, Claudius tells Hamlet to leave right away. Where should Hamlet go?
2. While explaining Hamlet's crime to his courtiers, why does Claudius say he has to be gentle with Hamlet?
3. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Watching the troops attacking, Hamlet decides that he is less of a man than their leader. Why does he say that?
5. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)