|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it wants to scare people.
(b) It looks like it wants to speak.
(c) It looks like it is in pain.
(d) It looks like it is crying.
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(c) Very cold.
(d) Pouring rain.
3. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Reading and signing documents.
(b) Drinking and celebrating.
(c) Shouting and starting a fight.
4. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He says the ghost is a liar.
(b) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
(c) He tells them nothing.
(d) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
5. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
2. What does Polonius tell Gertrude to do in Act 3, Scene 4 regarding Hamlet?
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, what does Hamlet agree to do?
4. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
5. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)