|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polonius asks Claudius to arrange for Hamlet to go somewhere after the play's performance. Where is Hamlet supposed to go?
(a) To see his mother.
(b) To see Ophelia.
(c) To see a doctor.
(d) To see Claudius.
2. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The king's advisor, Polonius.
(b) The king who just died.
(c) The prince, Hamlet.
(d) The Queen.
3. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A welcoming speech by their sponsor, Prince Hamlet.
(b) An opening scene that shows how much the king and queen love each other.
(c) A dumbshow, in which they do not speak.
(d) A prologue, in which they summarize the upcoming play.
4. After the play is performed, what does Polonius ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Ask the players to leave Elsinore.
(b) Go see Ophelia.
(c) Go see Claudius.
(d) Go see the Queen.
5. After Hamlet's behavior during the play-within-a-play, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern agree to do with Hamlet?
(a) Take him to England right away.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Take him to England next summer.
(d) Take him to a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
2. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
3. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
4. At the start of Act 4, Scene 4, the audience finally sees a character that has been talked about since the start of the play. Who is this character?
5. Polonius gives Reynaldo very specific instructions about how to find the information he wants. What are those instructions?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)