|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In their first conversation together, what important information does Hamlet reveal to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) He tells them that he wants to marry Ophelia.
(b) He tells them about the ghost and his suspicions of Claudius.
(c) He is not crazy -- at least, not all the time.
(d) He feels like he really is going crazy.
2. After witnessing Hamlet kill someone, Gertrude hurries to find Claudius. Who is he talking to when she comes in?
(a) The ambassadors to Norway.
(b) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
(d) Laertes and Ophelia.
3. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Three times.
(d) Four times.
4. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
(a) Tell the king.
(b) Talk to Hamlet himself.
(c) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(d) Tell the queen.
5. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He died in his sleep.
(c) He was stung by a serpent.
(d) He was stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
2. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
3. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
4. Why does Hamlet talk to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about a recorder?
5. Claudius says his crime "hath the primal eldest curse upon't." What does he mean?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)