|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Horatio?
(a) The prince of Denmark.
(b) Ophelia's brother.
(c) Hamlet's friend.
(d) Hamlet's brother.
2. Hamlet says "The time is out of joint: O cursed spite/ That ever I was born to set it right!" What does that mean?
(a) He cannot believe what the ghost has told him.
(b) He wishes he did not have to do the things he expects to do.
(c) He wishes he was not born a prince.
(d) He cannot believe he has seen a ghost.
3. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) You give bad advice.
(b) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(c) Stop telling me what to do.
(d) Your advice is very wise.
4. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
(a) He says he never loved her.
(b) He says both that he loved and he did not love her.
(c) He says he does not know if he ever loved her.
(d) He says he is still in love with her.
5. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(a) More angry than sad.
(d) More sad than angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first time the audience sees Hamlet after he has killed someone, he says "Safely stowed." What does he mean?
2. What are the Norwegian soldiers fighting over?
3. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
4. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
5. Who is Ophelia?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)