|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamlet act after he has killed someone?
(a) He does not seem sorry for his crime.
(b) He is relieved to have finally done something.
(c) He is sorry for his crime.
(d) He is frightened that someone will now try to kill him.
2. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Claudius and Hamlet.
(b) Polonius and Ophelia.
(c) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(d) Gertrude and Ophelia.
3. Hamlet makes an ominous statement about married people: "those that are married already, all but one, shall live." What does that mean and who is he talking about?
(a) Everyone who is currently married will be killed, except one person: Gertrude.
(b) Everyone who is currently married will stay alive, except one person: Claudius.
(c) Everyone who is currently married will stay alive, except one person: Polonius.
(d) Everyone who plans to be married soon should be killed, except one person: Ophelia.
4. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
(a) Hamlet is crazy and dangerous.
(b) Hamlet is not crazy, but he is dangerous.
(c) Hamlet is crazy, but harmless.
(d) Hamlet is not crazy.
5. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He was stung by a serpent.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He died in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
2. Hamlet enters about halfway through Act 3, Scene 3. When he comes in, what is Claudius doing?
3. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What are the Norwegian soldiers fighting over?
5. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)