|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ophelia in love with?
2. How does Hamlet act after he has killed someone?
(a) He is relieved to have finally done something.
(b) He is sorry for his crime.
(c) He is frightened that someone will now try to kill him.
(d) He does not seem sorry for his crime.
3. Who is Horatio?
(a) The prince of Denmark.
(b) Hamlet's friend.
(c) Hamlet's brother.
(d) Ophelia's brother.
4. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
(a) Not if he carries garlic and a crucifix.
(b) Only if he is afraid of it.
5. What does Polonius tell Gertrude to do in Act 3, Scene 4 regarding Hamlet?
(a) Be kind to Hamlet and invite him to confide in her.
(b) Be stern with Hamlet about his behavior.
(c) Make sure Hamlet knows that Polonius is listening to their conversation.
(d) Convince Hamlet to talk about Ophelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hamlet talk to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about a recorder?
2. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
3. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
4. Hamlet's attitude towards Rosencrantz and Guildenstern changes over the course of the play. By Act 4, Scene 2, what does he say about them?
5. What is Hamlet's response when Claudius demands to know where the body of Hamlet's murdered victim is?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)