|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Hamlet to sit nearby during the play? Who does Hamlet prefer to sit with?
(a) Getrude wants Hamlet to sit by her, but he prefers Ophelia.
(b) Gertrude wants Hamlet to sit by her, but he prefers Horatio.
(c) Ophelia wants Hamlet to sit by her, but he prefers Horatio.
(d) Claudius wants Hamlet to sit nearby, but he prefers Ophelia.
2. What specific thing does Hamlet determine Claudius must do before Hamlet can murder him?
(a) Commit a sin so Hamlet can send his soul to hell.
(b) Confess his crime so the world will know about his guilt.
(c) Apologize to Hamlet for killing his father.
(d) Stand trial for his crime so he can face public justice.
3. When Hamlet and his mother finally talk in Gertrude's room, she says, "Hamlet, thou hast thy father much offended." Hamlet responds, "Mother, you have my father much offended." Why is that dialogue important?
(a) Gertrude is talking about the dead king, but Hamlet is talking about Claudius.
(b) Getrude is talking about Claudius, but Hamlet is talking about the dead king.
(c) Hamlet has decided to act crazy even with his mother.
(d) Gertrude is using the dead king to force Hamlet to behave himself.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about Hamlet's clothes?
(a) He was wearing the shirt she embroidered for him.
(b) He was still dressed all in black.
(c) His clothes were in disarray.
(d) He was wearing his father's armor.
5. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not borrow money.
(b) Be true to yourself.
(c) Do not talk too much.
(d) Do well in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polonius tell Gertrude to do in Act 3, Scene 4 regarding Hamlet?
2. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
3. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
5. Hamlet enters about halfway through Act 3, Scene 3. When he comes in, what is Claudius doing?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)