|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hamlet's attitude towards Rosencrantz and Guildenstern changes over the course of the play. By Act 4, Scene 2, what does he say about them?
(a) They are dangerous.
(b) They are weak and foolish.
(c) They are good, true friends.
(d) They are spies for Claudius.
2. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) She is a good woman.
(b) Do not blame her for what happened.
(c) What happened is her fault.
(d) Protect her from the murderer.
4. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A welcoming speech by their sponsor, Prince Hamlet.
(b) A dumbshow, in which they do not speak.
(c) An opening scene that shows how much the king and queen love each other.
(d) A prologue, in which they summarize the upcoming play.
5. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
(b) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
(c) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
(d) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
2. After telling Ophelia to get to a nunnery, what does Hamlet say about marriage?
3. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
4. At the end of Act 4, Scene 5, what does Claudius offer to do for Laertes?
5. Who is Ophelia?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)