|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A dumbshow, in which they do not speak.
(b) A prologue, in which they summarize the upcoming play.
(c) An opening scene that shows how much the king and queen love each other.
(d) A welcoming speech by their sponsor, Prince Hamlet.
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
(a) In the throne room.
(b) On a ship.
(c) On the platform.
(d) In Hamlet's bedroom.
3. Claudius says his crime "hath the primal eldest curse upon't." What does he mean?
(a) Stealing your brother's wife is an especially bad crime.
(b) Killing your oldest brother is an especially bad crime.
(c) Killing the king is an especially bad crime.
(d) A brother's murder is an especially bad crime.
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Pouring rain.
(c) Very cold.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
(a) He looked like he wanted to kiss her.
(b) He looked like he came out of Hell.
(c) He looked like he was ready to cry.
(d) He looked like he had seen a ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claudius want the body of Hamlet's first victim to be taken?
2. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does Hamlet reveal about his reasons for wanting the players to perform?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
5. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)