|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way to see his mother in Act 3, Scene 3, Hamlet finds Claudius. What does Hamlet decide not to do in that scene?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Avoid him.
(c) Trick him into admitting his guilt.
(d) Argue with him.
2. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
(a) It walks at night and is tortured by day.
(b) It walks at night and is frozen in a block of ice during the day.
(c) It walks all the time, hoping someone will set it free.
(d) It is tortured and burned in a fire all the time.
3. After the play is performed, what does Polonius ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Go see Ophelia.
(b) Go see the Queen.
(c) Ask the players to leave Elsinore.
(d) Go see Claudius.
4. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Do not worry about making friends.
(b) Keep your good friends close to you.
(c) Good people rarely have any friends.
(d) Good people always have lots of friends.
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
(a) Talk to a priest.
(b) Tell Prince Hamlet about the ghost.
(c) Watch for the ghost on the next night.
(d) Talk to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Norwegian soldiers fighting over?
2. What time of day is it when the play starts?
3. When Polonius tries to speak with Hamlet, does Polonius really believe Hamlet is crazy?
4. The tone of the conversation between Hamlet and Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1 changes abruptly when Ophelia does what?
5. When Laertes returns after his father's death, what do the common people say about him?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)