|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamlet leaves his mother's room in Act 3, Scene 4, what does he take with him?
(a) The dead body of Polonius.
(b) The dead body of Claudius.
(c) A portrait of his dead father.
(d) A portrait of his mother.
2. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(b) Money and written notes.
(d) Written notes.
3. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it is in pain.
(b) It looks like it wants to speak.
(c) It looks like it is crying.
(d) It looks like it wants to scare people.
4. What does Ophelia she say about the herb rosemary?
(a) Rosemary stands for remembrance.
(b) Rosemary stands for thoughts.
(c) The rosemary died when her father died.
(d) Rosemary is her favorite plant.
5. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
(a) He is startled, but tries to talk to it.
(b) He is frightened and runs away.
(c) He is angry and tries to attack it.
(d) He is upset and starts to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hamlet talk to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about a recorder?
2. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who is Ophelia in love with?
4. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
5. In their first conversation together, what important information does Hamlet reveal to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)