|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
(a) He would not look at her and would not speak to her.
(b) He stared at her, then started to yell at her.
(c) He yelled at her but would not look at her.
(d) He stared at her but did not speak.
2. When Hamlet visits his mother in her room in Act 3, Scene 4, he speaks very harshly to his mother. What makes him stop?
(a) The ghost appears.
(b) Claudius enters the room.
(c) Getrude kills herself.
(d) Ophelia enters the room.
3. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
(b) Not if he carries garlic and a crucifix.
(d) Only if he is afraid of it.
4. After the play is performed, what does Polonius ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Go see Ophelia.
(b) Ask the players to leave Elsinore.
(c) Go see the Queen.
(d) Go see Claudius.
5. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Do not borrow or lend money.
(b) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
(c) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
(d) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
2. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
3. What message is the Norwegian Captain supposed to deliver to Claudius in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
5. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)