|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hamlet finally tells Claudius how to find the body of his first victim: "But indeed, if you find him not within this month, you shall nose him as you go up the stairs into the lobby." How is Hamlet saying that they might find the body?
(a) Wait a month and you will smell where it is.
(b) Climb the stairs and you will see the body in the lobby.
(c) Wait a month till the ground thaws and the grave will be revealed.
(d) The body is waiting on the lobby stairs.
2. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) Hamlet's father.
(b) A tortured spirit.
(c) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
(d) Hamlet's grandfather.
3. What is the main idea of Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech?
(a) Hamlet is thinking about killing himself.
(b) Hamlet is thinking about killing Ophelia.
(c) Hamlet is thinking about proposing to Ophelia.
(d) Hamlet is thinking about killing Claudius.
4. What country did the late King go to battle against?
5. What is Hamlet's response when Claudius demands to know where the body of Hamlet's murdered victim is?
(a) The victim is not really dead and is eating supper in the castle.
(b) The worms are eating the victim for supper.
(c) The victim is eating supper in Heaven.
(d) The victim is eating supper in Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is asked where his first victim's body is, what does Hamlet do?
2. Who does Hamlet kill in his mother's room?
3. What happens to Ophelia after her father's death?
4. When Hamlet and his mother finally talk in Gertrude's room, she says, "Hamlet, thou hast thy father much offended." Hamlet responds, "Mother, you have my father much offended." Why is that dialogue important?
5. When Claudius reacts to the play, what does Hamlet say in response?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)