|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet learn about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's reasons for visiting Elsinore?
(a) They were sent for by the king.
(b) They came to see his father's funeral.
(c) They were sent for by Polonius.
(d) They came to visit him.
2. Hamlet's mother tries to leave the room during their conversation in Act 3, Scene 4, but Hamlet stops her and says she cannot leave until he does what?
(a) Forces her to face what she has done.
(b) Kills her.
(c) Tells her about the ghost.
(d) Kills Claudius.
3. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Gertrude and Ophelia.
(b) Polonius and Ophelia.
(c) Claudius and Hamlet.
(d) Gertrude and Hamlet.
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
(a) Watch for the ghost on the next night.
(b) Tell Prince Hamlet about the ghost.
(c) Talk to the king.
(d) Talk to a priest.
5. When Claudius finds out Hamlet has killed someone, what is he most worried about?
(a) Whether Hamlet will try to kill.
(b) Whether the murder will affect his power and ability to rule.
(c) Whether a doctor can help Hamlet get better.
(d) Whether Hamlet should stand trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
2. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
3. Early in Act 2, Polonius believes he has found the cause of Hamlet's behavior. What is the first thing he does to test his theory?
4. After the play, Claudius meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to discuss Hamlet's condition. Are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern more sympathetic to Claudius, Hamlet, or someone else?
5. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)