|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
(a) Not if he carries garlic and a crucifix.
(d) Only if he is afraid of it.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
(b) To confirm what they have seen.
(c) To show him his father's ghost.
(d) To cover for them while they take a break.
3. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She forgot his father too quickly.
(b) She has too much power over the country.
(c) She is grieving too much for his father.
(d) She is responsible for his father's death.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
(a) He looked like he had seen a ghost.
(b) He looked like he wanted to kiss her.
(c) He looked like he was ready to cry.
(d) He looked like he came out of Hell.
5. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the play shows a king being poisoned, how does the current king, Claudius, react?
2. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
3. What is Hamlet's response when Claudius demands to know where the body of Hamlet's murdered victim is?
4. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
5. What time of day is it when the play starts?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)