|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
(a) Fortinbras wants to take over Denmark.
(b) Fortinbras will attack Poland, not Denmark.
(c) Fortinbras wants to take over Denmark and Poland.
(d) Fortinbras does not plan to attack any country at all.
2. Claudius asks Hamlet a second time about where they can find his victim. Hamlet responds, "In heaven; send hither to see: if your messenger find him not there, seek him i' the other place yourself." What other place is Hamlet suggesting Claudius visit?
(a) Gertrude's bedroom.
(b) The chapel.
(d) The graveyard.
3. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
(a) It should help him be a good leader.
(b) It makes the Danes look bad to other countries.
(c) It is an old tradition that every king should follow.
(d) It is something he should stop doing now that he is King.
4. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) Hamlet's grandfather.
(b) A tortured spirit.
(c) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
(d) Hamlet's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the play is performed, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern ask Hamlet to do?
2. As Claudius speaks about his guilt in Act 3, Scene 3, what does he say about repenting?
3. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
5. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)