|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him avenge the murder.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Help him break the news to his mother.
(d) Tell the world about the last king's death.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
(a) She had an unpleasant encounter with Hamlet.
(b) She saw a fight between Claudius and Hamlet.
(c) She saw the ghost talking to Hamlet.
(d) She saw Hamlet slap Gertrude in the face.
3. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
4. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
(a) Hamlet is taking his father's death too hard.
(b) Hamlet is mad with love for Ophelia.
(c) Hamlet has always been a strange boy and his father's death has driven him insane.
(d) Hamlet has studied too hard at school.
5. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
(b) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
(c) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
(d) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
2. Ophelia comes to watch the play. Before the play begins, how does Hamlet act towards her?
3. What does Claudius say in Act 3, Scene 3 about his own thoughts and words?
4. After discussing Hamlet with Polonius in Act 1, how has Ophelia interacted with Hamlet?
5. What is the main idea of Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)