|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The king's advisor, Polonius.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The king who just died.
(d) The prince, Hamlet.
2. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(c) After dinner.
(d) Late at night.
3. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
(b) No one.
4. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
(a) A cock crowing.
(b) Trumpets being blown and ordinance being fired.
(c) Men shouting and women screaming.
(d) Drunken singing.
5. After hearing about Hamlet's strange behavior, what does Polonius say about his own decisions?
(a) By telling the king that Hamlet is crazy, he may have gotten himself in trouble.
(b) By telling Ophelia to stay away, he may have saved her from worse treatment.
(c) By telling Ophelia to stay away, he may have made Hamlet worse.
(d) By telling the queen that Hamlet is crazy, he may have upset her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
2. What does Hamlet learn about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's reasons for visiting Elsinore?
3. Hamlet's attitude towards Rosencrantz and Guildenstern changes over the course of the play. By Act 4, Scene 2, what does he say about them?
4. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
5. After telling Ophelia to get to a nunnery, what does Hamlet say about marriage?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)