|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once left alone on stage in Act 3, Scene 3, what does Cladius express guilt about?
(a) Hamlet going crazy.
(b) Killing his brother.
(c) Having Hamlet killed.
(d) Marrying Gertrude.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
(a) He yelled at her but would not look at her.
(b) He would not look at her and would not speak to her.
(c) He stared at her but did not speak.
(d) He stared at her, then started to yell at her.
3. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
(a) Practice talking to strangers to build up your confidence.
(b) Let women do the talking; men should listen.
(c) Talk to people, but do not listen to them.
(d) Listen to people, but do not talk very much.
4. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) Hamlet's grandfather.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) A tortured spirit.
(d) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
5. When Hamlet visits his mother in her room in Act 3, Scene 4, he speaks very harshly to his mother. What makes him stop?
(a) Claudius enters the room.
(b) Getrude kills herself.
(c) Ophelia enters the room.
(d) The ghost appears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
2. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Where does Claudius want the body of Hamlet's first victim to be taken?
4. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
5. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)