|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
(a) Find out if his son is getting enough to eat.
(b) Find out how his son is doing in school.
(c) Find out if his son has a girlfriend.
(d) Find out if his son is behaving appropriately.
2. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
(c) No one.
3. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
(a) Tell the King about Hamlet's strange behavior.
(b) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(c) Leave Hamlet alone with the ghost.
(d) Follow Hamlet and the ghost.
4. As Claudius speaks about his guilt in Act 3, Scene 3, what does he say about repenting?
(a) He is sure that heaven will forgive him for his crime.
(b) Only the weak repent.
(c) He cannot repent because he still has the crown and the queen -- the two things he did the murder for.
(d) He wants to repent, but cannot tell anyone what he has done.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
(a) To go to a new school.
(b) Back to college.
(c) Off to war.
(d) To live in another country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
2. Claudius asks Hamlet a second time about where they can find his victim. Hamlet responds, "In heaven; send hither to see: if your messenger find him not there, seek him i' the other place yourself." What other place is Hamlet suggesting Claudius visit?
3. After the play is performed, what does Polonius ask Hamlet to do?
4. Who is Ophelia in love with?
5. The first time the audience sees Hamlet after he has killed someone, he says "Safely stowed." What does he mean?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)