|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(b) Written notes.
(c) Money and written notes.
2. Hamlet finally tells Claudius how to find the body of his first victim: "But indeed, if you find him not within this month, you shall nose him as you go up the stairs into the lobby." How is Hamlet saying that they might find the body?
(a) The body is waiting on the lobby stairs.
(b) Wait a month and you will smell where it is.
(c) Wait a month till the ground thaws and the grave will be revealed.
(d) Climb the stairs and you will see the body in the lobby.
3. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) You give bad advice.
(b) Stop telling me what to do.
(c) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(d) Your advice is very wise.
4. Who is Horatio?
(a) Ophelia's brother.
(b) The prince of Denmark.
(c) Hamlet's friend.
(d) Hamlet's brother.
5. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
(b) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
(c) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
(d) Do not borrow or lend money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
4. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
5. How does Hamlet act after he has killed someone?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)