|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After discussing Hamlet with Polonius in Act 1, how has Ophelia interacted with Hamlet?
(a) She has avoided him most of the time.
(b) She has avoided him entirely.
(c) She has spent even more time with him than she used to.
(d) She has continued to see him.
2. After the play, Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, and Claudius meet to discuss Hamlet. Polonius joins them. What does he tell Claudius?
(a) Hamlet is going to see his mother and Polonius will eavesdrop on their conversation.
(b) Hamlet is on his way to come see Claudius.
(c) Hamlet is acting crazy and threatening Gertrude.
(d) Hamlet is on his way to come see Ophelia.
3. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Reading and signing documents.
(b) Shouting and starting a fight.
(d) Drinking and celebrating.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
(a) He looked like he came out of Hell.
(b) He looked like he had seen a ghost.
(c) He looked like he wanted to kiss her.
(d) He looked like he was ready to cry.
5. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
2. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
4. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do, after learning that Hamlet has committed murder?
5. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)