|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
(a) Tell Prince Hamlet about the ghost.
(b) Watch for the ghost on the next night.
(c) Talk to the king.
(d) Talk to a priest.
2. Where does Claudius want the body of Hamlet's first victim to be taken?
(a) To the graveyard.
(b) To the police.
(c) To the chapel.
(d) To the doctor.
3. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) Hamlet's grandfather.
(d) A tortured spirit.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To show him his father's ghost.
(b) To confirm what they have seen.
(c) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
(d) To cover for them while they take a break.
5. In Act 3, Scene 1, after they have had some time to talk to Hamlet, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern say about his behavior?
(a) He acts strangely, but does not seem crazy.
(b) He is just unhappy about his father's death.
(c) He has not changed at all. He's normal.
(d) He has lost his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
2. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
3. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
4. Once left alone on stage in Act 3, Scene 3, what does Cladius express guilt about?
5. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)