|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
2. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Bless him.
(c) Drive him crazy.
(d) Curse him.
3. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
(a) He is angry and tries to attack it.
(b) He is startled, but tries to talk to it.
(c) He is frightened and runs away.
(d) He is upset and starts to cry.
4. On his way to see his mother in Act 3, Scene 3, Hamlet finds Claudius. What does Hamlet decide not to do in that scene?
(a) Avoid him.
(b) Trick him into admitting his guilt.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Argue with him.
5. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The prince, Hamlet.
(b) The king's advisor, Polonius.
(c) The king who just died.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
2. Claudius finally gives Rosencrantz and Guildenstern sealed orders for how to handle Hamlet. What do those orders say?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
4. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
5. When he is asked where his first victim's body is, what does Hamlet do?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)