|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
(a) He does not trust him.
(b) He is afraid of him.
(c) He misses him.
(d) He loves him.
2. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
(b) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
(c) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
(d) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what happens when Polonius first tries to speak to Hamlet?
(a) Hamlet does not seem to recognize him.
(b) Hamlet argues with him.
(c) Hamlet ignores him.
(d) Hamlet is glad to see him.
4. Claudius asks Hamlet a second time about where they can find his victim. Hamlet responds, "In heaven; send hither to see: if your messenger find him not there, seek him i' the other place yourself." What other place is Hamlet suggesting Claudius visit?
(b) Gertrude's bedroom.
(c) The chapel.
(d) The graveyard.
5. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) Protect her from the murderer.
(b) Do not blame her for what happened.
(c) She is a good woman.
(d) What happened is her fault.
Short Answer Questions
1. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
2. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
3. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
5. Who is Ophelia in love with?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)