|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the play is performed, what does Polonius ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Go see the Queen.
(b) Ask the players to leave Elsinore.
(c) Go see Claudius.
(d) Go see Ophelia.
2. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(b) After dinner.
(d) Late at night.
3. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
(b) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
(c) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
(d) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
4. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His mother was devoted to his father.
(b) His father hated his mother.
(c) His mother hated his father.
(d) His parents barely spoke to each other.
5. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(b) Money and written notes.
(c) Written notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After witnessing Hamlet kill someone, Gertrude hurries to find Claudius. Who is he talking to when she comes in?
2. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
3. When Hamlet and his mother finally talk in Gertrude's room, she says, "Hamlet, thou hast thy father much offended." Hamlet responds, "Mother, you have my father much offended." Why is that dialogue important?
4. Before the play is performed, Hamlet has a long conversation with the First Player. What is he telling the Player?
5. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)