|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are on watch.
(b) They are eating a meal together.
(c) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
(d) They are fighting in a battle.
2. What does Polonius tell Gertrude to do in Act 3, Scene 4 regarding Hamlet?
(a) Convince Hamlet to talk about Ophelia.
(b) Be kind to Hamlet and invite him to confide in her.
(c) Make sure Hamlet knows that Polonius is listening to their conversation.
(d) Be stern with Hamlet about his behavior.
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, what does Hamlet agree to do?
(a) Go see the king.
(b) Go to England.
(c) See a doctor.
(d) Talk to Gertrude.
4. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Ophelia killed Hamlet's father.
(b) Hamlet's mother killed Hamlet's father.
(c) Claudius killed Hamlet's father.
(d) Laertes killed Hamlet's father.
5. Ophelia comes to watch the play. Before the play begins, how does Hamlet act towards her?
(a) He flirts with her and makes suggestive remarks.
(b) He ignores her and pretends he does not see her.
(c) He is friendly and apologizes for his earlier behavior.
(d) He yells at her and tries to hit her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamlet makes an ominous statement about married people: "those that are married already, all but one, shall live." What does that mean and who is he talking about?
2. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
3. After the play is performed, what does Polonius ask Hamlet to do?
4. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
5. After the murder, Claudius tells Hamlet to leave right away. Where should Hamlet go?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)