|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(b) Get revenge.
(c) Help the new king.
(d) Hire an exorcist.
2. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
(a) He is mad with love for Ophelia.
(b) He is not crazy.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is determined to get revenge.
3. Who is Ophelia in love with?
4. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Beckons him to follow.
(b) Smiles at him.
(c) Puts a curse on him.
(d) Ignores him.
5. Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Hamlet's old friends.
(b) The ambassadors to Norway.
(c) Gertrude's nephews.
(d) Servants of the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
2. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
3. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
5. What is Hamlet's response when Claudius demands to know where the body of Hamlet's murdered victim is?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)