|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
(a) Get costly, but not showy or ostentatious clothes.
(b) Buy the fanciest clothes you can find.
(c) Buy the least expensive clothes you can find.
(d) Nobody pays attention to what you wear.
2. When Claudius hears that Hamlet has killed someone, what does he say?
(a) Hamlet might have killed him.
(b) Hamlet needs to be executed.
(c) Hamlet is a brave man.
(d) Hamlet needs to be sent to jail.
3. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Almost midnight.
(c) After midnight.
(d) Lunch time.
4. After Hamlet yells at Ophelia to go to a nunnery, what does she say about him?
(a) She is relieved that she did not marry him.
(b) She is angry because she does not think he is crazy, and he has hurt her feelings.
(c) She is angry at him because she thinks he is crazy.
(d) She is sorry for him and for herself, because she thinks he is crazy.
5. Hamlet's mother tries to leave the room during their conversation in Act 3, Scene 4, but Hamlet stops her and says she cannot leave until he does what?
(a) Forces her to face what she has done.
(b) Kills Claudius.
(c) Kills her.
(d) Tells her about the ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing about Hamlet's strange behavior, what does Polonius say about his own decisions?
2. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
3. What does Hamlet ask Horatio to do during the play's performance?
4. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
5. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)