|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hamlet act after he has killed someone?
(a) He is relieved to have finally done something.
(b) He does not seem sorry for his crime.
(c) He is sorry for his crime.
(d) He is frightened that someone will now try to kill him.
2. Who does Hamlet kill in his mother's room?
3. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Keep your good friends close to you.
(b) Good people rarely have any friends.
(c) Good people always have lots of friends.
(d) Do not worry about making friends.
4. On his way to see his mother in Act 3, Scene 3, Hamlet finds Claudius. What does Hamlet decide not to do in that scene?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Trick him into admitting his guilt.
(c) Avoid him.
(d) Argue with him.
5. Who asks Hamlet to sit nearby during the play? Who does Hamlet prefer to sit with?
(a) Gertrude wants Hamlet to sit by her, but he prefers Horatio.
(b) Claudius wants Hamlet to sit nearby, but he prefers Ophelia.
(c) Getrude wants Hamlet to sit by her, but he prefers Ophelia.
(d) Ophelia wants Hamlet to sit by her, but he prefers Horatio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ophelia?
2. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
3. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
4. When Polonius tries to speak with Hamlet, does Polonius really believe Hamlet is crazy?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)