|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
(a) Fortinbras wants to take over Denmark.
(b) Fortinbras wants to take over Denmark and Poland.
(c) Fortinbras does not plan to attack any country at all.
(d) Fortinbras will attack Poland, not Denmark.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
(a) Buy the fanciest clothes you can find.
(b) Nobody pays attention to what you wear.
(c) Get costly, but not showy or ostentatious clothes.
(d) Buy the least expensive clothes you can find.
3. Who does Hamlet kill in his mother's room?
4. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(b) He wants it to leave him alone.
(c) He wants to talk to it.
(d) He does not believe it exists.
5. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamlet sees Ophelia just as he finishes the "To be or not to be" speech. How does he act when he first sees her?
2. Who asks Hamlet to sit nearby during the play? Who does Hamlet prefer to sit with?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, what does Hamlet agree to do?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)