|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what happens when Polonius first tries to speak to Hamlet?
(a) Hamlet does not seem to recognize him.
(b) Hamlet is glad to see him.
(c) Hamlet ignores him.
(d) Hamlet argues with him.
2. Hamlet enters about halfway through Act 3, Scene 3. When he comes in, what is Claudius doing?
(b) Talking to Polonius.
3. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
(a) He is angry and tries to attack it.
(b) He is frightened and runs away.
(c) He is startled, but tries to talk to it.
(d) He is upset and starts to cry.
4. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Drinking and celebrating.
(c) Reading and signing documents.
(d) Shouting and starting a fight.
5. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
(a) Trumpets being blown and ordinance being fired.
(b) Men shouting and women screaming.
(c) Drunken singing.
(d) A cock crowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
2. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
4. What country did the late King go to battle against?
5. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)