|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern tell Claudius that Hamlet is excited about in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Fencing with Laertes.
(c) Seeing Ophelia again.
(d) Seeing the players perform.
2. What country did the late King go to battle against?
3. When Claudius finds out Hamlet has killed someone, what is he most worried about?
(a) Whether a doctor can help Hamlet get better.
(b) Whether Hamlet will try to kill.
(c) Whether the murder will affect his power and ability to rule.
(d) Whether Hamlet should stand trial.
4. After the play, Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, and Claudius meet to discuss Hamlet. Polonius joins them. What does he tell Claudius?
(a) Hamlet is going to see his mother and Polonius will eavesdrop on their conversation.
(b) Hamlet is on his way to come see Claudius.
(c) Hamlet is on his way to come see Ophelia.
(d) Hamlet is acting crazy and threatening Gertrude.
5. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(a) Written notes.
(b) Money and written notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamlet says "The time is out of joint: O cursed spite/ That ever I was born to set it right!" What does that mean?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
3. After the play is performed, what does Polonius ask Hamlet to do?
4. As Claudius speaks about his guilt in Act 3, Scene 3, what does he say about repenting?
5. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)