|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Horatio?
(a) Ophelia's brother.
(b) The prince of Denmark.
(c) Hamlet's friend.
(d) Hamlet's brother.
2. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
(a) Claudius stole from the state treasury.
(b) Polonius stole from the state treasury.
(c) Claudius seduced his wife.
(d) Laertes seduced his wife.
3. What does Hamlet learn about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's reasons for visiting Elsinore?
(a) They were sent for by Polonius.
(b) They came to see his father's funeral.
(c) They were sent for by the king.
(d) They came to visit him.
4. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He tells them nothing.
(b) He says the ghost is a liar.
(c) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
(d) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
5. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(b) Help him break the news to his mother.
(c) Help him avenge the murder.
(d) Keep his secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
2. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
5. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)