|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(b) Help him avenge the murder.
(c) Keep his secret.
(d) Help him break the news to his mother.
2. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do well in school.
(b) Do not talk too much.
(c) Be true to yourself.
(d) Do not borrow money.
3. After hearing about Hamlet's strange behavior, what does Polonius say about his own decisions?
(a) By telling the queen that Hamlet is crazy, he may have upset her.
(b) By telling the king that Hamlet is crazy, he may have gotten himself in trouble.
(c) By telling Ophelia to stay away, he may have saved her from worse treatment.
(d) By telling Ophelia to stay away, he may have made Hamlet worse.
4. Ophelia comes to watch the play. Before the play begins, how does Hamlet act towards her?
(a) He ignores her and pretends he does not see her.
(b) He yells at her and tries to hit her.
(c) He flirts with her and makes suggestive remarks.
(d) He is friendly and apologizes for his earlier behavior.
5. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Polonius and Ophelia.
(b) Claudius and Hamlet.
(c) Gertrude and Ophelia.
(d) Gertrude and Hamlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling Ophelia to get to a nunnery, what does Hamlet say about marriage?
2. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
4. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)