|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
(a) Tell the King about Hamlet's strange behavior.
(b) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(c) Leave Hamlet alone with the ghost.
(d) Follow Hamlet and the ghost.
2. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(b) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
(c) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
(d) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
3. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
4. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Stop telling me what to do.
(b) You give bad advice.
(c) Your advice is very wise.
(d) Make sure you follow your own advice.
5. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
(a) He says he does not know if he ever loved her.
(b) He says he is still in love with her.
(c) He says both that he loved and he did not love her.
(d) He says he never loved her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Early in Act 2, Polonius believes he has found the cause of Hamlet's behavior. What is the first thing he does to test his theory?
2. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
3. Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
5. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)