|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what happens when Polonius first tries to speak to Hamlet?
(a) Hamlet is glad to see him.
(b) Hamlet argues with him.
(c) Hamlet does not seem to recognize him.
(d) Hamlet ignores him.
2. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The king who just died.
(b) The king's advisor, Polonius.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The prince, Hamlet.
3. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Claudius killed Hamlet's father.
(b) Hamlet's mother killed Hamlet's father.
(c) Ophelia killed Hamlet's father.
(d) Laertes killed Hamlet's father.
4. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are fighting in a battle.
(b) They are on watch.
(c) They are eating a meal together.
(d) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
5. Ophelia comes to watch the play. Before the play begins, how does Hamlet act towards her?
(a) He ignores her and pretends he does not see her.
(b) He flirts with her and makes suggestive remarks.
(c) He yells at her and tries to hit her.
(d) He is friendly and apologizes for his earlier behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
2. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
3. What is the main idea of Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech?
4. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
5. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)