|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
(a) He says he does not know if he ever loved her.
(b) He says he never loved her.
(c) He says he is still in love with her.
(d) He says both that he loved and he did not love her.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
(a) He stared at her, then started to yell at her.
(b) He yelled at her but would not look at her.
(c) He would not look at her and would not speak to her.
(d) He stared at her but did not speak.
3. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Polonius and Ophelia.
(b) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(c) Gertrude and Ophelia.
(d) Claudius and Hamlet.
4. Hamlet says "The time is out of joint: O cursed spite/ That ever I was born to set it right!" What does that mean?
(a) He cannot believe he has seen a ghost.
(b) He wishes he did not have to do the things he expects to do.
(c) He cannot believe what the ghost has told him.
(d) He wishes he was not born a prince.
5. What country did the late King go to battle against?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Claudius reacts to the play, what does Hamlet say in response?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about Hamlet's clothes?
3. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
4. Who is Claudius?
5. Early in Act 2, Polonius believes he has found the cause of Hamlet's behavior. What is the first thing he does to test his theory?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)