|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
(a) How intelligent they are.
(b) How quickly they can learn new lines in a script.
(c) How confident they are in their performances.
(d) How much emotion they are able to summon up for a performance.
2. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(c) More angry than sad.
(d) More sad than angry.
3. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
(a) He says he never loved her.
(b) He says he is still in love with her.
(c) He says he does not know if he ever loved her.
(d) He says both that he loved and he did not love her.
4. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not borrow money.
(b) Be true to yourself.
(c) Do not talk too much.
(d) Do well in school.
5. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) Hamlet's plan to kill Claudius.
(b) A love letter from Hamlet to Ophelia.
(c) A treaty between Norway and Poland.
(d) A letter from Hamlet to Fortinbras.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hamlet yells at Ophelia to go to a nunnery, what does she say about him?
2. Hamlet makes an ominous statement about married people: "those that are married already, all but one, shall live." What does that mean and who is he talking about?
3. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
4. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
5. After the play is performed, what does Polonius ask Hamlet to do?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)