|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To confirm what they have seen.
(b) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
(c) To show him his father's ghost.
(d) To cover for them while they take a break.
2. What is the main idea of Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech?
(a) Hamlet is thinking about killing Claudius.
(b) Hamlet is thinking about killing himself.
(c) Hamlet is thinking about killing Ophelia.
(d) Hamlet is thinking about proposing to Ophelia.
3. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(b) Claudius and Hamlet.
(c) Polonius and Ophelia.
(d) Gertrude and Ophelia.
4. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it wants to speak.
(b) It looks like it wants to scare people.
(c) It looks like it is crying.
(d) It looks like it is in pain.
5. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A welcoming speech by their sponsor, Prince Hamlet.
(b) A dumbshow, in which they do not speak.
(c) A prologue, in which they summarize the upcoming play.
(d) An opening scene that shows how much the king and queen love each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hamlet talk to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about a recorder?
2. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
5. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)