|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
(a) He is too frightened.
(b) He is too angry.
(c) He is too sad.
(d) He is too happy.
2. Who is Ophelia in love with?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
(a) He yelled at her but would not look at her.
(b) He stared at her but did not speak.
(c) He would not look at her and would not speak to her.
(d) He stared at her, then started to yell at her.
4. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
(a) Tell the queen.
(b) Talk to Hamlet himself.
(c) Tell the king.
(d) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
5. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She has too much power over the country.
(b) She is responsible for his father's death.
(c) She forgot his father too quickly.
(d) She is grieving too much for his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
2. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
4. After the play is performed, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern ask Hamlet to do?
5. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)