|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) A tortured spirit.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) Hamlet's grandfather.
(d) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
2. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
3. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She is grieving too much for his father.
(b) She is responsible for his father's death.
(c) She forgot his father too quickly.
(d) She has too much power over the country.
4. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
(a) Tell the King about Hamlet's strange behavior.
(b) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(c) Leave Hamlet alone with the ghost.
(d) Follow Hamlet and the ghost.
5. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it wants to speak.
(b) It looks like it wants to scare people.
(c) It looks like it is crying.
(d) It looks like it is in pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the play is performed, Hamlet has a long conversation with the First Player. What is he telling the Player?
2. After the play is performed, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern ask Hamlet to do?
3. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
4. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)