|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After watching Hamlet and Ophelia together in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius decide to do with Hamlet?
(a) Send him back to school.
(b) Send him to England.
(c) Have a private talk with him.
(d) Send him to a hospital.
2. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
(a) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her first husband.
(b) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her second husband.
(c) Gertrude is speaking about her own claims of love for Claudius.
(d) Ophelia swearing her loyalty to Hamlet.
3. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
(a) He says he does not know if he ever loved her.
(b) He says both that he loved and he did not love her.
(c) He says he is still in love with her.
(d) He says he never loved her.
4. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(b) After dinner.
(c) Late at night.
5. What is the main idea of Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech?
(a) Hamlet is thinking about proposing to Ophelia.
(b) Hamlet is thinking about killing himself.
(c) Hamlet is thinking about killing Claudius.
(d) Hamlet is thinking about killing Ophelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
2. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about Hamlet's clothes?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
5. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)