|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Your advice is very wise.
(b) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(c) You give bad advice.
(d) Stop telling me what to do.
3. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
4. When Polonius tries to speak with Hamlet, does Polonius really believe Hamlet is crazy?
(a) Yes, Polonius says Hamlet is totally insane.
(b) Yes, but Polonius thinks it is easily cured.
(c) No, Polonius does not think Hamlet is crazy at all.
(d) Not entirely -- Polonius sees some reason or logic within the craziness.
5. What does Hamlet ask Horatio to do during the play's performance?
(a) Watch Polonius and see if he reacts to the play.
(b) Help Hamlet kill Claudius as the play is performed.
(c) Watch Gertrude and see if she reacts to the play.
(d) Watch Claudius and see if he reacts to the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ophelia in love with?
2. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
3. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
5. After watching Hamlet and Ophelia together in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius decide to do with Hamlet?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)