|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Shouting and starting a fight.
(c) Drinking and celebrating.
(d) Reading and signing documents.
2. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are eating a meal together.
(b) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
(c) They are fighting in a battle.
(d) They are on watch.
3. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
(a) He says he is still in love with her.
(b) He says both that he loved and he did not love her.
(c) He says he never loved her.
(d) He says he does not know if he ever loved her.
4. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern tell Claudius that Hamlet is excited about in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Fencing with Laertes.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Seeing Ophelia again.
(d) Seeing the players perform.
5. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
(a) How intelligent they are.
(b) How confident they are in their performances.
(c) How much emotion they are able to summon up for a performance.
(d) How quickly they can learn new lines in a script.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the play is performed, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern ask Hamlet to do?
2. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
3. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
4. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
5. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)