|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
(a) Bless him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Drive him crazy.
(d) Curse him.
2. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Beckons him to follow.
(c) Puts a curse on him.
(d) Smiles at him.
3. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) Poison poured in his ear.
(b) A knife in the back.
(c) Poison poured down his throat.
(d) A heart attack.
4. After discussing Hamlet with Polonius in Act 1, how has Ophelia interacted with Hamlet?
(a) She has continued to see him.
(b) She has spent even more time with him than she used to.
(c) She has avoided him most of the time.
(d) She has avoided him entirely.
5. Hamlet sees Ophelia just as he finishes the "To be or not to be" speech. How does he act when he first sees her?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He stares at her but says nothing.
(d) He greets her pleasantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
2. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
3. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
4. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
5. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)