|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hamlet sees Ophelia just as he finishes the "To be or not to be" speech. How does he act when he first sees her?
(a) He greets her pleasantly.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He stares at her but says nothing.
2. What was Ophelia doing when she was frightened by Hamlet in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does Hamlet reveal about his reasons for wanting the players to perform?
(a) He thinks the play will distract him.
(b) He thinks the play will remind Gertrude of her first husband.
(c) He wants to use the play to test Claudius's conscience.
(d) He thinks the players are very talented.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Spy on him.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Flirt with him.
(d) Stay away from him.
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
(a) In the throne room.
(b) On the platform.
(c) In Hamlet's bedroom.
(d) On a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
2. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
3. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
4. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
5. After watching Hamlet and Ophelia together in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius decide to do with Hamlet?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)