|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
(a) How much emotion they are able to summon up for a performance.
(b) How quickly they can learn new lines in a script.
(c) How confident they are in their performances.
(d) How intelligent they are.
2. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Ophelia killed Hamlet's father.
(b) Hamlet's mother killed Hamlet's father.
(c) Claudius killed Hamlet's father.
(d) Laertes killed Hamlet's father.
3. After Claudius and Polonius watch Hamlet interact with Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius say about Hamlet's behavior?
(a) He is suspicious that Hamlet is not really crazy.
(b) He is convinced that Hamlet needs to see a doctor.
(c) He does not think Hamlet is crazy because of love for Ophelia.
(d) He is convinced Hamlet is crazy because of love for Ophelia.
4. Hamlet makes an ominous statement about married people: "those that are married already, all but one, shall live." What does that mean and who is he talking about?
(a) Everyone who is currently married will stay alive, except one person: Polonius.
(b) Everyone who is currently married will be killed, except one person: Gertrude.
(c) Everyone who plans to be married soon should be killed, except one person: Ophelia.
(d) Everyone who is currently married will stay alive, except one person: Claudius.
5. What is the main idea of Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech?
(a) Hamlet is thinking about killing Ophelia.
(b) Hamlet is thinking about proposing to Ophelia.
(c) Hamlet is thinking about killing Claudius.
(d) Hamlet is thinking about killing himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
2. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. When Claudius reacts to the play, what does Hamlet say in response?
4. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)