|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After watching Hamlet and Ophelia together in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius decide to do with Hamlet?
(a) Send him to England.
(b) Have a private talk with him.
(c) Send him to a hospital.
(d) Send him back to school.
2. When Claudius reacts to the play, what does Hamlet say in response?
(a) "It would cost you a groaning to take off my edge. "
(b) "For if the king like not the comedy, Why then, belike, he likes it not, perdy. "
(c) "What, frighted with false fire!"
(d) "Get me a fellowship in a cry of players."
3. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
(a) Find out how his son is doing in school.
(b) Find out if his son is behaving appropriately.
(c) Find out if his son has a girlfriend.
(d) Find out if his son is getting enough to eat.
4. Who is Ophelia in love with?
5. After Claudius and Polonius watch Hamlet interact with Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius say about Hamlet's behavior?
(a) He does not think Hamlet is crazy because of love for Ophelia.
(b) He is suspicious that Hamlet is not really crazy.
(c) He is convinced that Hamlet needs to see a doctor.
(d) He is convinced Hamlet is crazy because of love for Ophelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
2. What time of day is it when the play starts?
3. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
4. Who is Claudius?
5. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)