|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polonius asks Claudius to arrange for Hamlet to go somewhere after the play's performance. Where is Hamlet supposed to go?
(a) To see Ophelia.
(b) To see Claudius.
(c) To see a doctor.
(d) To see his mother.
2. After watching Hamlet and Ophelia together in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius decide to do with Hamlet?
(a) Have a private talk with him.
(b) Send him to England.
(c) Send him to a hospital.
(d) Send him back to school.
3. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
(a) Fortinbras will attack Poland, not Denmark.
(b) Fortinbras does not plan to attack any country at all.
(c) Fortinbras wants to take over Denmark and Poland.
(d) Fortinbras wants to take over Denmark.
4. When the play shows a king being poisoned, how does the current king, Claudius, react?
(a) He is bored and does not seem to care.
(b) He is angry and asks Hamlet if he is making an accusation.
(c) He is upset and leaves before the play ends.
(d) He is uneasy and makes a joke about it.
5. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
(a) When the sun comes up.
(b) When the trumpets sound.
(c) When the cock crows.
(d) When Horatio talks to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about Hamlet's clothes?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
3. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
4. When Polonius tries to speak with Hamlet, does Polonius really believe Hamlet is crazy?
5. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)