|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His father hated his mother.
(b) His mother hated his father.
(c) His parents barely spoke to each other.
(d) His mother was devoted to his father.
2. After Claudius and Polonius watch Hamlet interact with Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius say about Hamlet's behavior?
(a) He is convinced Hamlet is crazy because of love for Ophelia.
(b) He is suspicious that Hamlet is not really crazy.
(c) He is convinced that Hamlet needs to see a doctor.
(d) He does not think Hamlet is crazy because of love for Ophelia.
3. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Reading and signing documents.
(b) Drinking and celebrating.
(d) Shouting and starting a fight.
4. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
(b) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(c) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
(d) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Stay away from him.
(c) Spy on him.
(d) Make friends with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
2. When Claudius reacts to the play, what does Hamlet say in response?
3. After the play is performed, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern ask Hamlet to do?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
5. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)