|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After welcoming them to Elsinore, what does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do?
(a) Cheer Hamlet up and find out what is wrong with him.
(b) Watch Hamlet and make sure he does not hurt anyone.
(c) Convince Fortinbras not to attack Denmark.
(d) Convince Hamlet to go back to school.
2. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
3. Hamlet sees Ophelia just as he finishes the "To be or not to be" speech. How does he act when he first sees her?
(a) He stares at her but says nothing.
(b) He greets her pleasantly.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He runs away.
4. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) A knife in the back.
(b) Poison poured in his ear.
(c) Poison poured down his throat.
(d) A heart attack.
5. Ophelia comes to watch the play. Before the play begins, how does Hamlet act towards her?
(a) He ignores her and pretends he does not see her.
(b) He yells at her and tries to hit her.
(c) He is friendly and apologizes for his earlier behavior.
(d) He flirts with her and makes suggestive remarks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
3. After hearing about Hamlet's strange behavior, what does Polonius say about his own decisions?
4. Who is Ophelia in love with?
5. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)