|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Ophelia killed Hamlet's father.
(b) Laertes killed Hamlet's father.
(c) Hamlet's mother killed Hamlet's father.
(d) Claudius killed Hamlet's father.
2. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He wants to talk to it.
(b) He does not believe it exists.
(c) He wants it to leave him alone.
(d) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
3. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
4. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
(b) They are fighting in a battle.
(c) They are eating a meal together.
(d) They are on watch.
5. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
(b) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(c) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
(d) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing about Hamlet's strange behavior, what does Polonius say about his own decisions?
2. When the play shows a king being poisoned, how does the current king, Claudius, react?
3. After telling Ophelia to get to a nunnery, what does Hamlet say about marriage?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
5. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)