|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
(a) Trumpets being blown and ordinance being fired.
(b) Drunken singing.
(c) Men shouting and women screaming.
(d) A cock crowing.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
(a) Nobody pays attention to what you wear.
(b) Buy the least expensive clothes you can find.
(c) Get costly, but not showy or ostentatious clothes.
(d) Buy the fanciest clothes you can find.
3. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(a) Written notes.
(b) Money and written notes.
4. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
(a) He died in his sleep.
(b) He was stung by a serpent.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He was stabbed.
5. What country did the late King go to battle against?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does Hamlet reveal about his reasons for wanting the players to perform?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about Hamlet's clothes?
3. Early in Act 2, Polonius believes he has found the cause of Hamlet's behavior. What is the first thing he does to test his theory?
4. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
5. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)