|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After welcoming them to Elsinore, what does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do?
(a) Convince Hamlet to go back to school.
(b) Convince Fortinbras not to attack Denmark.
(c) Cheer Hamlet up and find out what is wrong with him.
(d) Watch Hamlet and make sure he does not hurt anyone.
2. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Shouting and starting a fight.
(b) Reading and signing documents.
(d) Drinking and celebrating.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
(a) Buy the least expensive clothes you can find.
(b) Get costly, but not showy or ostentatious clothes.
(c) Nobody pays attention to what you wear.
(d) Buy the fanciest clothes you can find.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Stay away from him.
(d) Spy on him.
5. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
(b) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
(c) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
(d) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
2. What was Ophelia doing when she was frightened by Hamlet in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what happens when Polonius first tries to speak to Hamlet?
4. What country did the late King go to battle against?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)