|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
(b) He tells them nothing.
(c) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
(d) He says the ghost is a liar.
2. Who is Ophelia in love with?
3. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
(c) Not if he carries garlic and a crucifix.
(d) Only if he is afraid of it.
4. After hearing about Hamlet's strange behavior, what does Polonius say about his own decisions?
(a) By telling the queen that Hamlet is crazy, he may have upset her.
(b) By telling Ophelia to stay away, he may have made Hamlet worse.
(c) By telling Ophelia to stay away, he may have saved her from worse treatment.
(d) By telling the king that Hamlet is crazy, he may have gotten himself in trouble.
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Very cold.
(d) Pouring rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
3. Who is Horatio?
4. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)