|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polonius gives Reynaldo very specific instructions about how to find the information he wants. What are those instructions?
(a) Talk to the local police department.
(b) Ask his son's friends and teachers.
(c) Ask his son directly.
(d) Lie about him if that helps bring out the truth.
2. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
3. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Stay away from him.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Spy on him.
(d) Make friends with him.
5. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not borrow money.
(b) Do not talk too much.
(c) Do well in school.
(d) Be true to yourself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
3. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
4. Who does the ghost claim to be?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)