|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She has too much power over the country.
(b) She is responsible for his father's death.
(c) She forgot his father too quickly.
(d) She is grieving too much for his father.
2. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
(a) Find out if his son is getting enough to eat.
(b) Find out if his son has a girlfriend.
(c) Find out if his son is behaving appropriately.
(d) Find out how his son is doing in school.
3. What country did the late King go to battle against?
4. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) A knife in the back.
(b) Poison poured in his ear.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Poison poured down his throat.
5. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He wants to talk to it.
(b) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(c) He wants it to leave him alone.
(d) He does not believe it exists.
Short Answer Questions
1. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
2. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
4. Who does the ghost claim to be?
5. Who is Ophelia in love with?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)