|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
(a) Talk to people, but do not listen to them.
(b) Listen to people, but do not talk very much.
(c) Practice talking to strangers to build up your confidence.
(d) Let women do the talking; men should listen.
2. Early in Act 2, Polonius believes he has found the cause of Hamlet's behavior. What is the first thing he does to test his theory?
(a) Eavesdrop on him while he prays.
(b) Send him to a doctor.
(c) Arrange for him to meet Ophelia and spy on them together.
(d) Eavesdrop on him while he talks to Horatio.
3. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He does not believe it exists.
(b) He wants to talk to it.
(c) He wants it to leave him alone.
(d) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To confirm what they have seen.
(b) To cover for them while they take a break.
(c) To show him his father's ghost.
(d) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
5. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Drinking and celebrating.
(b) Shouting and starting a fight.
(c) Reading and signing documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. After welcoming them to Elsinore, what does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do?
2. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
3. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
4. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
5. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)