|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Polonius tries to speak with Hamlet, does Polonius really believe Hamlet is crazy?
(a) Not entirely -- Polonius sees some reason or logic within the craziness.
(b) Yes, Polonius says Hamlet is totally insane.
(c) No, Polonius does not think Hamlet is crazy at all.
(d) Yes, but Polonius thinks it is easily cured.
2. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
(a) Fearsome creature.
(b) King, father, royal Dane.
(c) Angel and minister of grace.
(d) Devil, demon, bane of Heaven.
3. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
(a) Hamlet is mad with love for Ophelia.
(b) Hamlet has studied too hard at school.
(c) Hamlet has always been a strange boy and his father's death has driven him insane.
(d) Hamlet is taking his father's death too hard.
4. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Good people rarely have any friends.
(b) Do not worry about making friends.
(c) Keep your good friends close to you.
(d) Good people always have lots of friends.
5. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
2. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
5. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)