|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
(b) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
(c) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(d) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
2. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Beckons him to follow.
(b) Smiles at him.
(c) Puts a curse on him.
(d) Ignores him.
3. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Help him avenge the murder.
(d) Help him break the news to his mother.
4. After hearing about Hamlet's strange behavior, what does Polonius say about his own decisions?
(a) By telling Ophelia to stay away, he may have made Hamlet worse.
(b) By telling the queen that Hamlet is crazy, he may have upset her.
(c) By telling Ophelia to stay away, he may have saved her from worse treatment.
(d) By telling the king that Hamlet is crazy, he may have gotten himself in trouble.
5. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Help the new king.
(b) Get revenge.
(c) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(d) Hire an exorcist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
2. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
4. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)