|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Do not trust his promises of love.
(b) Ask him to marry you.
(c) Do not go to bed with him.
(d) Make sure he does not hurt you.
2. What country did the late King go to battle against?
3. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Smiles at him.
(c) Puts a curse on him.
(d) Beckons him to follow.
4. After welcoming them to Elsinore, what does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do?
(a) Watch Hamlet and make sure he does not hurt anyone.
(b) Cheer Hamlet up and find out what is wrong with him.
(c) Convince Fortinbras not to attack Denmark.
(d) Convince Hamlet to go back to school.
5. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
(a) Trumpets being blown and ordinance being fired.
(b) A cock crowing.
(c) Men shouting and women screaming.
(d) Drunken singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
3. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
4. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
5. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)