|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He tells them nothing.
(b) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
(c) He says the ghost is a liar.
(d) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
2. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
(b) Only if he is afraid of it.
(c) Not if he carries garlic and a crucifix.
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
(a) Talk to a priest.
(b) Tell Prince Hamlet about the ghost.
(c) Watch for the ghost on the next night.
(d) Talk to the king.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
(a) His brother's death and his own marriage to Gertrude.
(b) His coronation and the war with Norway.
(c) His brother's wedding and the birth of his nephew.
(d) The war that killed the last king and the upcoming marriage of his nephew.
5. What country did the late King go to battle against?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
2. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
3. Early in Act 2, Polonius believes he has found the cause of Hamlet's behavior. What is the first thing he does to test his theory?
4. Who is Horatio?
5. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)