|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
(a) He was stung by a serpent.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He died in his sleep.
(d) He had a heart attack.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
(a) His brother's wedding and the birth of his nephew.
(b) His coronation and the war with Norway.
(c) His brother's death and his own marriage to Gertrude.
(d) The war that killed the last king and the upcoming marriage of his nephew.
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
(a) In Hamlet's bedroom.
(b) On a ship.
(c) On the platform.
(d) In the throne room.
4. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Hire an exorcist.
(b) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(c) Help the new king.
(d) Get revenge.
5. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Do not worry about making friends.
(b) Good people always have lots of friends.
(c) Keep your good friends close to you.
(d) Good people rarely have any friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
2. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
4. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
5. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)