|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(b) You give bad advice.
(c) Stop telling me what to do.
(d) Your advice is very wise.
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
(a) In Hamlet's bedroom.
(b) In the throne room.
(c) On a ship.
(d) On the platform.
3. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She has too much power over the country.
(b) She is grieving too much for his father.
(c) She is responsible for his father's death.
(d) She forgot his father too quickly.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
(a) Back to college.
(b) To live in another country.
(c) To go to a new school.
(d) Off to war.
5. Who is Ophelia in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
2. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
3. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
4. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
5. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)