|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
(a) Find out if his son has a girlfriend.
(b) Find out how his son is doing in school.
(c) Find out if his son is behaving appropriately.
(d) Find out if his son is getting enough to eat.
2. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does Hamlet reveal about his reasons for wanting the players to perform?
(a) He wants to use the play to test Claudius's conscience.
(b) He thinks the play will distract him.
(c) He thinks the players are very talented.
(d) He thinks the play will remind Gertrude of her first husband.
4. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Be true to yourself.
(b) Do well in school.
(c) Do not borrow money.
(d) Do not talk too much.
5. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
(a) He misses him.
(b) He does not trust him.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He is afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Claudius?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
3. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
4. Who is Ophelia?
5. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)