|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
(a) Talk to Hamlet himself.
(b) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(c) Tell the king.
(d) Tell the queen.
2. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him break the news to his mother.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Help him avenge the murder.
(d) Tell the world about the last king's death.
3. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
(a) How intelligent they are.
(b) How confident they are in their performances.
(c) How quickly they can learn new lines in a script.
(d) How much emotion they are able to summon up for a performance.
4. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Good people always have lots of friends.
(b) Good people rarely have any friends.
(c) Keep your good friends close to you.
(d) Do not worry about making friends.
5. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it is crying.
(b) It looks like it wants to speak.
(c) It looks like it is in pain.
(d) It looks like it wants to scare people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ophelia?
2. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
4. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
5. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)