|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Get revenge.
(b) Help the new king.
(c) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(d) Hire an exorcist.
2. Polonius gives Reynaldo very specific instructions about how to find the information he wants. What are those instructions?
(a) Ask his son's friends and teachers.
(b) Lie about him if that helps bring out the truth.
(c) Talk to the local police department.
(d) Ask his son directly.
3. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are eating a meal together.
(b) They are on watch.
(c) They are fighting in a battle.
(d) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
4. Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Hamlet's old friends.
(b) Gertrude's nephews.
(c) Servants of the court.
(d) The ambassadors to Norway.
5. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His parents barely spoke to each other.
(b) His mother was devoted to his father.
(c) His mother hated his father.
(d) His father hated his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
2. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
4. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
5. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)