|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
(a) Men shouting and women screaming.
(b) A cock crowing.
(c) Trumpets being blown and ordinance being fired.
(d) Drunken singing.
2. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
(a) Fearsome creature.
(b) Devil, demon, bane of Heaven.
(c) King, father, royal Dane.
(d) Angel and minister of grace.
3. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) Protect her from the murderer.
(b) She is a good woman.
(c) Do not blame her for what happened.
(d) What happened is her fault.
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
(a) On the platform.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In the throne room.
(d) In Hamlet's bedroom.
5. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(b) Gertrude and Ophelia.
(c) Polonius and Ophelia.
(d) Claudius and Hamlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
2. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what happens when Polonius first tries to speak to Hamlet?
4. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)