|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
(b) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
(c) He tells them nothing.
(d) He says the ghost is a liar.
2. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(c) More angry than sad.
(d) More sad than angry.
3. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) A letter from Hamlet to Fortinbras.
(b) A treaty between Norway and Poland.
(c) Hamlet's plan to kill Claudius.
(d) A love letter from Hamlet to Ophelia.
4. After discussing Hamlet with Polonius in Act 1, how has Ophelia interacted with Hamlet?
(a) She has spent even more time with him than she used to.
(b) She has avoided him entirely.
(c) She has avoided him most of the time.
(d) She has continued to see him.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Stay away from him.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Spy on him.
(d) Make friends with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
2. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
3. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
5. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)