|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him break the news to his mother.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Help him avenge the murder.
(d) Tell the world about the last king's death.
2. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(c) More sad than angry.
(d) More angry than sad.
3. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
(a) When Horatio talks to it.
(b) When the trumpets sound.
(c) When the cock crows.
(d) When the sun comes up.
4. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
(a) Drunken singing.
(b) Trumpets being blown and ordinance being fired.
(c) Men shouting and women screaming.
(d) A cock crowing.
5. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
(a) Tell the king about the ghost.
(b) Do not go with the ghost.
(c) Send for a priest.
(d) Go with the ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
3. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
5. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)