|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(b) He does not believe it exists.
(c) He wants it to leave him alone.
(d) He wants to talk to it.
2. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
(a) Tell the King about Hamlet's strange behavior.
(b) Leave Hamlet alone with the ghost.
(c) Follow Hamlet and the ghost.
(d) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
3. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
4. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He was stung by a serpent.
(c) He died in his sleep.
(d) He had a heart attack.
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
(a) In Hamlet's bedroom.
(b) On the platform.
(c) In the throne room.
(d) On a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
2. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
3. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
4. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
5. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)