|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
(a) Tell the king about the ghost.
(b) Do not go with the ghost.
(c) Go with the ghost.
(d) Send for a priest.
2. What country did the late King go to battle against?
3. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
4. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
(a) He is too angry.
(b) He is too sad.
(c) He is too frightened.
(d) He is too happy.
5. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The king who just died.
(b) The prince, Hamlet.
(c) The king's advisor, Polonius.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
2. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
3. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
4. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
5. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)