|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it is crying.
(b) It looks like it is in pain.
(c) It looks like it wants to scare people.
(d) It looks like it wants to speak.
2. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
(a) Drunken singing.
(b) Trumpets being blown and ordinance being fired.
(c) Men shouting and women screaming.
(d) A cock crowing.
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Very cold.
(c) Pouring rain.
4. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
(a) He is startled, but tries to talk to it.
(b) He is upset and starts to cry.
(c) He is angry and tries to attack it.
(d) He is frightened and runs away.
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To confirm what they have seen.
(b) To show him his father's ghost.
(c) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
(d) To cover for them while they take a break.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
2. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
3. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
4. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
5. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)