|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Drinking and celebrating.
(c) Reading and signing documents.
(d) Shouting and starting a fight.
2. Who is Ophelia in love with?
3. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) Hamlet's father.
(b) A tortured spirit.
(c) Hamlet's grandfather.
(d) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
4. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(b) Help the new king.
(c) Hire an exorcist.
(d) Get revenge.
5. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it is in pain.
(b) It looks like it is crying.
(c) It looks like it wants to scare people.
(d) It looks like it wants to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
2. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
4. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
5. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)