|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
(a) When the cock crows.
(b) When the sun comes up.
(c) When the trumpets sound.
(d) When Horatio talks to it.
2. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
(a) Tell the king about the ghost.
(b) Go with the ghost.
(c) Do not go with the ghost.
(d) Send for a priest.
3. Who is Horatio?
(a) Ophelia's brother.
(b) Hamlet's brother.
(c) Hamlet's friend.
(d) The prince of Denmark.
4. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him avenge the murder.
(b) Help him break the news to his mother.
(c) Keep his secret.
(d) Tell the world about the last king's death.
5. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
2. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
4. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
5. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)