|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Drinking and celebrating.
(c) Reading and signing documents.
(d) Shouting and starting a fight.
2. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Stop telling me what to do.
(b) You give bad advice.
(c) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(d) Your advice is very wise.
3. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not talk too much.
(b) Do well in school.
(c) Be true to yourself.
(d) Do not borrow money.
4. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
(a) He is too frightened.
(b) He is too happy.
(c) He is too sad.
(d) He is too angry.
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(c) Pouring rain.
(d) Very cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
3. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
4. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
5. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)