|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
(a) He is too frightened.
(b) He is too happy.
(c) He is too sad.
(d) He is too angry.
2. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it is crying.
(b) It looks like it wants to scare people.
(c) It looks like it is in pain.
(d) It looks like it wants to speak.
3. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are fighting in a battle.
(b) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
(c) They are eating a meal together.
(d) They are on watch.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Make friends with him.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Stay away from him.
(d) Spy on him.
5. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) Hamlet's grandfather.
(b) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
(c) Hamlet's father.
(d) A tortured spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ophelia in love with?
2. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
3. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
5. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)