|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) Poison poured in his ear.
(b) A knife in the back.
(c) Poison poured down his throat.
(d) A heart attack.
2. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
(b) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
(c) He tells them nothing.
(d) He says the ghost is a liar.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To confirm what they have seen.
(b) To cover for them while they take a break.
(c) To show him his father's ghost.
(d) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
4. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(c) After dinner.
(d) Late at night.
5. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Do not go to bed with him.
(b) Ask him to marry you.
(c) Make sure he does not hurt you.
(d) Do not trust his promises of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
2. Who does the ghost claim to be?
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
5. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)