|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Kill somebody.
(c) Leave the country forever.
(d) Pretend to be crazy.
2. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
(a) He was stung by a serpent.
(b) He died in his sleep.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He was stabbed.
3. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He does not believe it exists.
(b) He wants it to leave him alone.
(c) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(d) He wants to talk to it.
4. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
(a) It walks at night and is frozen in a block of ice during the day.
(b) It is tortured and burned in a fire all the time.
(c) It walks all the time, hoping someone will set it free.
(d) It walks at night and is tortured by day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
2. Who is Ophelia?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
4. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
5. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)