|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To cover for them while they take a break.
(b) To show him his father's ghost.
(c) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
(d) To confirm what they have seen.
2. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) A knife in the back.
(b) Poison poured in his ear.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Poison poured down his throat.
3. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
(a) He is frightened and runs away.
(b) He is angry and tries to attack it.
(c) He is startled, but tries to talk to it.
(d) He is upset and starts to cry.
5. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
2. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
3. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
4. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who is Ophelia?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)