|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
(a) Off to war.
(b) Back to college.
(c) To live in another country.
(d) To go to a new school.
2. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He wants it to leave him alone.
(b) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(c) He does not believe it exists.
(d) He wants to talk to it.
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(b) Pouring rain.
(d) Very cold.
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
(a) In the throne room.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In Hamlet's bedroom.
(d) On the platform.
5. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) Hamlet's grandfather.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) A tortured spirit.
(d) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did the late King go to battle against?
2. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
4. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
5. Who is Ophelia?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)