|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
(b) Do not borrow or lend money.
(c) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
(d) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
2. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(b) More sad than angry.
(d) More angry than sad.
3. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The king who just died.
(b) The king's advisor, Polonius.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The prince, Hamlet.
4. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
(b) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(c) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
(d) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
5. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Lunch time.
(c) Almost midnight.
(d) After midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
2. What time of day is it when the play starts?
3. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
4. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
5. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)