|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
(a) Do not go with the ghost.
(b) Go with the ghost.
(c) Send for a priest.
(d) Tell the king about the ghost.
2. Who is Horatio?
(a) Hamlet's friend.
(b) Hamlet's brother.
(c) Ophelia's brother.
(d) The prince of Denmark.
3. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
4. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Keep your good friends close to you.
(b) Good people rarely have any friends.
(c) Good people always have lots of friends.
(d) Do not worry about making friends.
5. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are eating a meal together.
(b) They are on watch.
(c) They are fighting in a battle.
(d) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
3. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)