|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The king's advisor, Polonius.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The prince, Hamlet.
(d) The king who just died.
2. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Do not borrow or lend money.
(b) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
(c) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
(d) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
3. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
(a) He is too frightened.
(b) He is too angry.
(c) He is too sad.
(d) He is too happy.
4. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(b) More angry than sad.
(c) More sad than angry.
5. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
(a) Polonius stole from the state treasury.
(b) Claudius seduced his wife.
(c) Claudius stole from the state treasury.
(d) Laertes seduced his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
3. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)