|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
(a) When the trumpets sound.
(b) When the cock crows.
(c) When the sun comes up.
(d) When Horatio talks to it.
2. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
3. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Do not borrow or lend money.
(b) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
(c) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
(d) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
4. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Good people always have lots of friends.
(b) Keep your good friends close to you.
(c) Good people rarely have any friends.
(d) Do not worry about making friends.
5. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He does not trust him.
(c) He misses him.
(d) He loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
2. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
3. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
4. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
5. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)