|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Gertrude and Ophelia.
(b) Claudius and Hamlet.
(c) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(d) Polonius and Ophelia.
2. Who is Ophelia in love with?
3. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His parents barely spoke to each other.
(b) His mother hated his father.
(c) His mother was devoted to his father.
(d) His father hated his mother.
4. Who is Horatio?
(a) The prince of Denmark.
(b) Hamlet's brother.
(c) Hamlet's friend.
(d) Ophelia's brother.
5. What country did the late King go to battle against?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
3. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
4. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)