|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
(b) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
(c) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
(d) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
2. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Do not go to bed with him.
(b) Ask him to marry you.
(c) Do not trust his promises of love.
(d) Make sure he does not hurt you.
3. Who is Horatio?
(a) Hamlet's brother.
(b) The prince of Denmark.
(c) Hamlet's friend.
(d) Ophelia's brother.
4. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His parents barely spoke to each other.
(b) His mother hated his father.
(c) His mother was devoted to his father.
(d) His father hated his mother.
5. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are eating a meal together.
(b) They are fighting in a battle.
(c) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
(d) They are on watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
2. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
3. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
4. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
5. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)