|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
(a) Talk to a priest.
(b) Tell Prince Hamlet about the ghost.
(c) Talk to the king.
(d) Watch for the ghost on the next night.
2. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
(b) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
(c) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
(d) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
3. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it wants to scare people.
(b) It looks like it is crying.
(c) It looks like it wants to speak.
(d) It looks like it is in pain.
4. Who is Claudius?
(a) Hamlet's father.
(b) Hamlet's brother.
(c) Hamlet's uncle and the new king.
(d) The Prince of Norway.
5. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not talk too much.
(b) Do not borrow money.
(c) Do well in school.
(d) Be true to yourself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What country did the late King go to battle against?
3. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
4. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
5. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)