|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(a) More sad than angry.
(c) More angry than sad.
2. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Claudius and Hamlet.
(b) Polonius and Ophelia.
(c) Gertrude and Ophelia.
(d) Gertrude and Hamlet.
3. Who is Ophelia in love with?
4. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(b) Late at night.
(c) After dinner.
5. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His mother hated his father.
(b) His parents barely spoke to each other.
(c) His father hated his mother.
(d) His mother was devoted to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
2. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
4. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
5. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)