|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Horatio?
(a) The prince of Denmark.
(b) Hamlet's brother.
(c) Hamlet's friend.
(d) Ophelia's brother.
2. Who is Claudius?
(a) Hamlet's father.
(b) Hamlet's uncle and the new king.
(c) The Prince of Norway.
(d) Hamlet's brother.
3. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(a) Late at night.
(b) After dinner.
4. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He wants it to leave him alone.
(b) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(c) He wants to talk to it.
(d) He does not believe it exists.
5. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
2. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
3. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
4. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
5. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)