|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Claudius?
(a) The Prince of Norway.
(b) Hamlet's brother.
(c) Hamlet's father.
(d) Hamlet's uncle and the new king.
2. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
3. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(c) More angry than sad.
(d) More sad than angry.
5. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it wants to speak.
(b) It looks like it is crying.
(c) It looks like it wants to scare people.
(d) It looks like it is in pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
2. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
3. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
4. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
5. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)