|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(b) Very cold.
(c) Pouring rain.
2. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Do not borrow or lend money.
(b) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
(c) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
(d) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
3. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it is crying.
(b) It looks like it wants to speak.
(c) It looks like it wants to scare people.
(d) It looks like it is in pain.
4. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who is Claudius?
(a) Hamlet's father.
(b) Hamlet's uncle and the new king.
(c) Hamlet's brother.
(d) The Prince of Norway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
2. What country did the late King go to battle against?
3. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
4. What time of day is it when the play starts?
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)