|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
(a) His coronation and the war with Norway.
(b) His brother's death and his own marriage to Gertrude.
(c) The war that killed the last king and the upcoming marriage of his nephew.
(d) His brother's wedding and the birth of his nephew.
2. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(a) More sad than angry.
(d) More angry than sad.
3. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(a) Late at night.
(b) After dinner.
4. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
(a) Off to war.
(b) Back to college.
(c) To live in another country.
(d) To go to a new school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
2. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
3. Who is Ophelia?
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
5. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)