|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His father hated his mother.
(b) His mother was devoted to his father.
(c) His mother hated his father.
(d) His parents barely spoke to each other.
2. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(b) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
(c) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
(d) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
3. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
(a) Pouring rain.
(d) Very cold.
4. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it wants to speak.
(b) It looks like it is crying.
(c) It looks like it is in pain.
(d) It looks like it wants to scare people.
5. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Claudius?
2. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
3. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is Ophelia in love with?
5. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)