|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Claudius and Hamlet.
(b) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(c) Gertrude and Ophelia.
(d) Polonius and Ophelia.
2. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(a) After dinner.
(d) Late at night.
3. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Four times.
(d) Three times.
4. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
(a) He does not trust him.
(b) He misses him.
(c) He is afraid of him.
(d) He loves him.
5. Who is Horatio?
(a) The prince of Denmark.
(b) Hamlet's friend.
(c) Ophelia's brother.
(d) Hamlet's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
2. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
4. Who is Claudius?
5. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)