|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Claudius?
(a) Hamlet's uncle and the new king.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) The Prince of Norway.
(d) Hamlet's brother.
2. Who is Horatio?
(a) The prince of Denmark.
(b) Hamlet's brother.
(c) Ophelia's brother.
(d) Hamlet's friend.
3. Who is Ophelia in love with?
4. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
(b) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
(c) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
(d) Do not borrow or lend money.
5. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
(b) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(c) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
(d) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
2. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
3. What country did the late King go to battle against?
4. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)