|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He does not believe it exists.
(b) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(c) He wants to talk to it.
(d) He wants it to leave him alone.
2. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not borrow money.
(b) Do well in school.
(c) Be true to yourself.
(d) Do not talk too much.
3. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She is responsible for his father's death.
(b) She is grieving too much for his father.
(c) She forgot his father too quickly.
(d) She has too much power over the country.
4. Who is Horatio?
(a) The prince of Denmark.
(b) Hamlet's brother.
(c) Ophelia's brother.
(d) Hamlet's friend.
5. Who is Ophelia in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
2. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
3. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
5. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)