|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Ask him to marry you.
(b) Do not trust his promises of love.
(c) Do not go to bed with him.
(d) Make sure he does not hurt you.
2. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The king's advisor, Polonius.
(b) The prince, Hamlet.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The king who just died.
3. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
(a) His brother's wedding and the birth of his nephew.
(b) His brother's death and his own marriage to Gertrude.
(c) His coronation and the war with Norway.
(d) The war that killed the last king and the upcoming marriage of his nephew.
5. Who is Ophelia in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Horatio?
2. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
4. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
5. Who is Claudius?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)