|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
2. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Do not worry about making friends.
(b) Keep your good friends close to you.
(c) Good people always have lots of friends.
(d) Good people rarely have any friends.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
(b) To cover for them while they take a break.
(c) To confirm what they have seen.
(d) To show him his father's ghost.
4. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) You give bad advice.
(b) Your advice is very wise.
(c) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(d) Stop telling me what to do.
5. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not talk too much.
(b) Do not borrow money.
(c) Be true to yourself.
(d) Do well in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who is Ophelia in love with?
4. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)