|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
(b) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
(c) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
(d) Do not borrow or lend money.
2. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
3. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(b) More sad than angry.
(c) More angry than sad.
4. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
5. What country did the late King go to battle against?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ophelia?
2. What time of day is it when the play starts?
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
4. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
5. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)