|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
(a) Back to college.
(b) To live in another country.
(c) To go to a new school.
(d) Off to war.
2. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Make sure he does not hurt you.
(b) Do not trust his promises of love.
(c) Do not go to bed with him.
(d) Ask him to marry you.
3. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His mother was devoted to his father.
(b) His father hated his mother.
(c) His mother hated his father.
(d) His parents barely spoke to each other.
4. Who is Ophelia in love with?
5. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He does not trust him.
(d) He misses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the play?
2. Who is Claudius?
3. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
4. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
5. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)