|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(a) More sad than angry.
(d) More angry than sad.
2. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She has too much power over the country.
(b) She forgot his father too quickly.
(c) She is responsible for his father's death.
(d) She is grieving too much for his father.
3. Who is Claudius?
(a) Hamlet's father.
(b) Hamlet's brother.
(c) The Prince of Norway.
(d) Hamlet's uncle and the new king.
4. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(b) Your advice is very wise.
(c) You give bad advice.
(d) Stop telling me what to do.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Spy on him.
(c) Stay away from him.
(d) Make friends with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
5. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)