|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
(a) He does not trust him.
(b) He misses him.
(c) He is afraid of him.
(d) He loves him.
2. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(a) More angry than sad.
(b) More sad than angry.
3. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not borrow money.
(b) Do well in school.
(c) Do not talk too much.
(d) Be true to yourself.
4. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
(b) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(c) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
(d) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
5. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) You give bad advice.
(b) Your advice is very wise.
(c) Stop telling me what to do.
(d) Make sure you follow your own advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
2. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
3. The ghost appears to Horatio and his companions in Act 1, Scene 1, but something seems to scare it into disappearing. What causes it to disappear?
4. Who is Ophelia in love with?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)