|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Horatio?
(a) Hamlet's brother.
(b) The prince of Denmark.
(c) Ophelia's brother.
(d) Hamlet's friend.
2. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are eating a meal together.
(b) They are on watch.
(c) They are fighting in a battle.
(d) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
3. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
(a) Let women do the talking; men should listen.
(b) Talk to people, but do not listen to them.
(c) Practice talking to strangers to build up your confidence.
(d) Listen to people, but do not talk very much.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
(a) To go to a new school.
(b) Off to war.
(c) To live in another country.
(d) Back to college.
5. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
(a) It looks like it is in pain.
(b) It looks like it wants to speak.
(c) It looks like it is crying.
(d) It looks like it wants to scare people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
2. Who is Claudius?
3. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
5. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)