|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(b) He wants to talk to it.
(c) He wants it to leave him alone.
(d) He does not believe it exists.
2. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
3. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(b) Polonius and Ophelia.
(c) Claudius and Hamlet.
(d) Gertrude and Ophelia.
4. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He does not trust him.
(c) He misses him.
(d) He is afraid of him.
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
(a) Talk to a priest.
(b) Talk to the king.
(c) Watch for the ghost on the next night.
(d) Tell Prince Hamlet about the ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
2. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
3. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
4. Who is Horatio?
5. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)