Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
(a) He misses him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He does not trust him.
(d) He is afraid of him.
2. The tone of the conversation between Hamlet and Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1 changes abruptly when Ophelia does what?
(a) Tries to leave the room.
(b) Kisses Hamlet.
(c) Gives back the letters and gifts Hamlet gave her.
(d) Mentions her father.
3. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
(a) It walks all the time, hoping someone will set it free.
(b) It walks at night and is tortured by day.
(c) It is tortured and burned in a fire all the time.
(d) It walks at night and is frozen in a block of ice during the day.
4. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
(b) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
(c) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
(d) Do not borrow or lend money.
5. When Hamlet leaves his mother's room in Act 3, Scene 4, what does he take with him?
(a) A portrait of his dead father.
(b) The dead body of Polonius.
(c) A portrait of his mother.
(d) The dead body of Claudius.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does Hamlet reveal about his reasons for wanting the players to perform?
2. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
3. When Hamlet first sees Laertes in the graveyard scene, what does Hamlet say about him?
4. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who is Horatio?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)