Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
(a) He is too angry.
(b) He is too sad.
(c) He is too frightened.
(d) He is too happy.
2. When Polonius tries to speak with Hamlet, does Polonius really believe Hamlet is crazy?
(a) Yes, Polonius says Hamlet is totally insane.
(b) Yes, but Polonius thinks it is easily cured.
(c) Not entirely -- Polonius sees some reason or logic within the craziness.
(d) No, Polonius does not think Hamlet is crazy at all.
3. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
(a) Send for a priest.
(b) Tell the king about the ghost.
(c) Do not go with the ghost.
(d) Go with the ghost.
4. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
(b) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(c) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
(d) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
5. Once left alone on stage in Act 3, Scene 3, what does Cladius express guilt about?
(a) Having Hamlet killed.
(b) Hamlet going crazy.
(c) Killing his brother.
(d) Marrying Gertrude.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
2. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
3. When Laertes returns after his father's death, what does he want?
4. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)