|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(b) Claudius and Hamlet.
(c) Polonius and Ophelia.
(d) Gertrude and Ophelia.
2. Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The ambassadors to Norway.
(b) Gertrude's nephews.
(c) Servants of the court.
(d) Hamlet's old friends.
3. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
(a) He is frightened and runs away.
(b) He is upset and starts to cry.
(c) He is angry and tries to attack it.
(d) He is startled, but tries to talk to it.
4. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His parents barely spoke to each other.
(b) His mother was devoted to his father.
(c) His father hated his mother.
(d) His mother hated his father.
5. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
(a) Ophelia swearing her loyalty to Hamlet.
(b) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her first husband.
(c) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her second husband.
(d) Gertrude is speaking about her own claims of love for Claudius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
2. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
3. After the murder, Claudius tells Hamlet to leave right away. Where should Hamlet go?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
5. After the ghost disappears, what does Bernardo say about the ghost's behavior?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)