|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
(a) His brother's wedding and the birth of his nephew.
(b) The war that killed the last king and the upcoming marriage of his nephew.
(c) His brother's death and his own marriage to Gertrude.
(d) His coronation and the war with Norway.
2. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
(a) Laertes seduced his wife.
(b) Claudius stole from the state treasury.
(c) Claudius seduced his wife.
(d) Polonius stole from the state treasury.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Spy on him.
(d) Stay away from him.
4. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Claudius and Hamlet.
(b) Gertrude and Ophelia.
(c) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(d) Polonius and Ophelia.
5. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) A treaty between Norway and Poland.
(b) A letter from Hamlet to Fortinbras.
(c) A love letter from Hamlet to Ophelia.
(d) Hamlet's plan to kill Claudius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
2. Who is Claudius?
3. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
4. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)