Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 1, what does Horatio say he intends to do?
(a) Tell Prince Hamlet about the ghost.
(b) Talk to the king.
(c) Talk to a priest.
(d) Watch for the ghost on the next night.
2. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
(a) He is startled, but tries to talk to it.
(b) He is upset and starts to cry.
(c) He is frightened and runs away.
(d) He is angry and tries to attack it.
3. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
(a) His brother's wedding and the birth of his nephew.
(b) The war that killed the last king and the upcoming marriage of his nephew.
(c) His brother's death and his own marriage to Gertrude.
(d) His coronation and the war with Norway.
5. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him avenge the murder.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Help him break the news to his mother.
(d) Tell the world about the last king's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
2. Who is Horatio?
3. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
4. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
5. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)