|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ophelia she say about the herb rosemary?
(a) Rosemary stands for remembrance.
(b) Rosemary stands for thoughts.
(c) The rosemary died when her father died.
(d) Rosemary is her favorite plant.
2. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
(a) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her first husband.
(b) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her second husband.
(c) Ophelia swearing her loyalty to Hamlet.
(d) Gertrude is speaking about her own claims of love for Claudius.
3. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
(a) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to add in a speech with new lines.
(b) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to let Hamlet play a role in it.
(c) Not to perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to perform Hamlet's favorite play instead.
(d) To perform both "The Murder of Gonzago" and "Priam and Hecuba" for the court.
4. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) She is a good woman.
(b) Do not blame her for what happened.
(c) Protect her from the murderer.
(d) What happened is her fault.
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 5, what does Claudius offer to do for Laertes?
(a) Take care of Ophelia.
(b) Help Laertes kill Hamlet.
(c) Show Laertes where his father is buried.
(d) Tell Laertes the truth about his father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some sailors arrive at Elsinore from a pirate ship in Act 4, Scene 6. Who do they deliver a letter to?
2. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
3. What does Claudius say in Act 3, Scene 3 about his own thoughts and words?
4. Who does the ghost claim to be?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, what happens when Polonius first tries to speak to Hamlet?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)