|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the play, Claudius meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to discuss Hamlet's condition. Are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern more sympathetic to Claudius, Hamlet, or someone else?
2. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not talk too much.
(b) Do well in school.
(c) Do not borrow money.
(d) Be true to yourself.
3. Who is Ophelia in love with?
4. Ophelia comes to watch the play. Before the play begins, how does Hamlet act towards her?
(a) He is friendly and apologizes for his earlier behavior.
(b) He yells at her and tries to hit her.
(c) He ignores her and pretends he does not see her.
(d) He flirts with her and makes suggestive remarks.
5. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. The tone of the conversation between Hamlet and Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1 changes abruptly when Ophelia does what?
3. Watching the troops attacking, Hamlet decides that he is less of a man than their leader. Why does he say that?
4. Hamlet says of Claudius: "He took my father grossly, full of bread; With all his crimes broad blown, as flush as May." What does Hamlet mean by that?
5. What specific thing does Hamlet determine Claudius must do before Hamlet can murder him?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)