|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Laertes killed Hamlet's father.
(b) Claudius killed Hamlet's father.
(c) Hamlet's mother killed Hamlet's father.
(d) Ophelia killed Hamlet's father.
2. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
(a) Men shouting and women screaming.
(b) Drunken singing.
(c) Trumpets being blown and ordinance being fired.
(d) A cock crowing.
3. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
(a) Hamlet has always been a strange boy and his father's death has driven him insane.
(b) Hamlet is mad with love for Ophelia.
(c) Hamlet has studied too hard at school.
(d) Hamlet is taking his father's death too hard.
4. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
(a) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(b) Tell the queen.
(c) Tell the king.
(d) Talk to Hamlet himself.
5. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) Hamlet's grandfather.
(d) A tortured spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
2. When Laertes returns after his father's death, what does he want?
3. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
4. After Hamlet's behavior during the play-within-a-play, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern agree to do with Hamlet?
5. What happens to Ophelia after her father's death?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)