|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
(a) A cock crowing.
(b) Men shouting and women screaming.
(c) Drunken singing.
(d) Trumpets being blown and ordinance being fired.
2. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Beckons him to follow.
(c) Smiles at him.
(d) Puts a curse on him.
3. The tone of the conversation between Hamlet and Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1 changes abruptly when Ophelia does what?
(a) Gives back the letters and gifts Hamlet gave her.
(b) Tries to leave the room.
(c) Mentions her father.
(d) Kisses Hamlet.
4. After reading the letters brought by the sailors in Act 4, Scene 6, what does Horatio say he wants to do?
(a) Go get Hamlet.
(b) Tell Claudius about Hamlet.
(c) Wait until Hamlet arrives in Elsinore.
(d) Tell Gertrude about Hamlet.
5. What does Claudius say in Act 3, Scene 3 about his own thoughts and words?
(a) He says the right words, but they do not reach heaven because his thoughts are on earth.
(b) His words and thoughts are not enough to convince heaven to forgive him.
(c) He does not speak his thoughts.
(d) His words lie, but his thoughts tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Scene 2, what does Hamlet agree to do?
2. What specific thing does Hamlet determine Claudius must do before Hamlet can murder him?
3. Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
4. What happens to Ophelia after her father's death?
5. Hamlet makes an ominous statement about married people: "those that are married already, all but one, shall live." What does that mean and who is he talking about?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)