|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Watching the troops attacking, Hamlet decides that he is less of a man than their leader. Why does he say that?
(a) Hamlet was never in the army, unlike the troops' leader.
(b) The leader is a common man, while Hamlet is a prince.
(c) Hamlet has only killed one man and the leader has killed many.
(d) He has a better reason to fight than the leader, but he does not fight.
2. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
(b) Not if he carries garlic and a crucifix.
(d) Only if he is afraid of it.
3. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(a) Money and written notes.
(c) Written notes.
4. After he leaves the ship, how will Hamlet make his way back to Elsinore?
(a) Ophelia must come get him.
(b) Horatio must come get him.
(c) Claudius must pay a ransom.
(d) Hamlet must escape from the pirates.
5. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
(b) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
(c) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(d) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. After welcoming them to Elsinore, what does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do?
2. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
3. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
4. After watching Hamlet and Ophelia together in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius decide to do with Hamlet?
5. Hamlet says "The time is out of joint: O cursed spite/ That ever I was born to set it right!" What does that mean?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)