|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
2. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
(a) Hamlet has always been a strange boy and his father's death has driven him insane.
(b) Hamlet is mad with love for Ophelia.
(c) Hamlet is taking his father's death too hard.
(d) Hamlet has studied too hard at school.
3. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
4. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
(a) Kill somebody.
(b) Pretend to be crazy.
(c) Get married.
(d) Leave the country forever.
5. The tone of the conversation between Hamlet and Ophelia in Act 3, Scene 1 changes abruptly when Ophelia does what?
(a) Tries to leave the room.
(b) Mentions her father.
(c) Kisses Hamlet.
(d) Gives back the letters and gifts Hamlet gave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
2. When the play shows a king being poisoned, how does the current king, Claudius, react?
3. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
4. Hamlet finally tells Claudius how to find the body of his first victim: "But indeed, if you find him not within this month, you shall nose him as you go up the stairs into the lobby." How is Hamlet saying that they might find the body?
5. Polonius asks Claudius to arrange for Hamlet to go somewhere after the play's performance. Where is Hamlet supposed to go?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)