|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
(a) He looked like he had seen a ghost.
(b) He looked like he came out of Hell.
(c) He looked like he wanted to kiss her.
(d) He looked like he was ready to cry.
2. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not borrow money.
(b) Do not talk too much.
(c) Do well in school.
(d) Be true to yourself.
3. At the start of Act 4, Scene 4, the audience finally sees a character that has been talked about since the start of the play. Who is this character?
4. What does Hamlet ask Horatio to do during the play's performance?
(a) Watch Polonius and see if he reacts to the play.
(b) Watch Gertrude and see if she reacts to the play.
(c) Watch Claudius and see if he reacts to the play.
(d) Help Hamlet kill Claudius as the play is performed.
5. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) She is a good woman.
(b) What happened is her fault.
(c) Do not blame her for what happened.
(d) Protect her from the murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
2. Hamlet sees Ophelia just as he finishes the "To be or not to be" speech. How does he act when he first sees her?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
4. After he leaves the ship, how will Hamlet make his way back to Elsinore?
5. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)