|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A dumbshow, in which they do not speak.
(b) A prologue, in which they summarize the upcoming play.
(c) A welcoming speech by their sponsor, Prince Hamlet.
(d) An opening scene that shows how much the king and queen love each other.
2. Hamlet says "The time is out of joint: O cursed spite/ That ever I was born to set it right!" What does that mean?
(a) He cannot believe what the ghost has told him.
(b) He cannot believe he has seen a ghost.
(c) He wishes he was not born a prince.
(d) He wishes he did not have to do the things he expects to do.
3. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
(b) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
(c) Do not borrow or lend money.
(d) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
4. After watching Hamlet and Ophelia together in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Claudius decide to do with Hamlet?
(a) Send him to England.
(b) Have a private talk with him.
(c) Send him back to school.
(d) Send him to a hospital.
5. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
(a) Polonius stole from the state treasury.
(b) Claudius stole from the state treasury.
(c) Laertes seduced his wife.
(d) Claudius seduced his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polonius gives Reynaldo very specific instructions about how to find the information he wants. What are those instructions?
2. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
3. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
4. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
5. After the murder, Claudius tells Hamlet to leave right away. Where should Hamlet go?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)