|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the murder, Claudius tells Hamlet to leave right away. Where should Hamlet go?
(b) Back to school.
(c) Off to prison.
(d) To be locked in his room.
2. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
3. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Puts a curse on him.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Beckons him to follow.
(d) Smiles at him.
4. What message is the Norwegian Captain supposed to deliver to Claudius in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The armies of Norway have defeated the Poles.
(b) The armies of Norway will attack at dawn.
(c) The armies of Denmark must surrender their weapons.
(d) The armies of Norway want passage through Denmark.
5. When the play shows a king being poisoned, how does the current king, Claudius, react?
(a) He is uneasy and makes a joke about it.
(b) He is upset and leaves before the play ends.
(c) He is bored and does not seem to care.
(d) He is angry and asks Hamlet if he is making an accusation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamlet makes an ominous statement about married people: "those that are married already, all but one, shall live." What does that mean and who is he talking about?
2. What do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern tell Claudius that Hamlet is excited about in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
4. After he leaves the ship, how will Hamlet make his way back to Elsinore?
5. In Act 3, Scene 1, after they have had some time to talk to Hamlet, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern say about his behavior?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)