|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
(b) Only if he is afraid of it.
(d) Not if he carries garlic and a crucifix.
2. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(a) Money and written notes.
(b) Written notes.
3. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not borrow money.
(b) Be true to yourself.
(c) Do well in school.
(d) Do not talk too much.
4. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
(a) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her first husband.
(b) Ophelia swearing her loyalty to Hamlet.
(c) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her second husband.
(d) Gertrude is speaking about her own claims of love for Claudius.
5. How does Hamlet manage to avoid his fate in England?
(a) He bribed Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
(b) He got onto another ship.
(c) He made friends with the English queen.
(d) He killed Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ophelia in love with?
2. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
3. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
4. When he is asked where his first victim's body is, what does Hamlet do?
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 5, what does Claudius offer to do for Laertes?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)