|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
(b) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
(c) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
(d) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
2. When Laertes returns after his father's death, what does he want?
(a) To visit with his sister.
(b) Revenge on the people responsible for his father's death.
(c) To take over the throne of Denmark.
(d) To talk to Hamlet.
3. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He says the ghost is a liar.
(b) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
(c) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
(d) He tells them nothing.
4. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
(a) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her first husband.
(b) Ophelia swearing her loyalty to Hamlet.
(c) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her second husband.
(d) Gertrude is speaking about her own claims of love for Claudius.
5. The sailors from the pirate ships deliver letters to Elsinore. Who are the letters from?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
2. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
3. After welcoming them to Elsinore, what does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do?
4. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)