|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about Hamlet's clothes?
(a) He was wearing his father's armor.
(b) He was still dressed all in black.
(c) He was wearing the shirt she embroidered for him.
(d) His clothes were in disarray.
2. After welcoming them to Elsinore, what does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do?
(a) Watch Hamlet and make sure he does not hurt anyone.
(b) Cheer Hamlet up and find out what is wrong with him.
(c) Convince Fortinbras not to attack Denmark.
(d) Convince Hamlet to go back to school.
3. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
(a) Polonius and Ophelia.
(b) Gertrude and Hamlet.
(c) Gertrude and Ophelia.
(d) Claudius and Hamlet.
4. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A knife in the back.
(c) Poison poured down his throat.
(d) Poison poured in his ear.
5. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do well in school.
(b) Do not borrow money.
(c) Do not talk too much.
(d) Be true to yourself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
2. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
3. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
4. What is the main idea of Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech?
5. Hamlet says of Claudius: "He took my father grossly, full of bread; With all his crimes broad blown, as flush as May." What does Hamlet mean by that?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)