|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(a) More sad than angry.
(c) More angry than sad.
2. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Stop telling me what to do.
(b) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(c) You give bad advice.
(d) Your advice is very wise.
3. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
(b) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
(c) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
(d) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
4. In Act 4, scene 4, while watching the troops and reflecting on his own behavior, what does Hamlet promise about his future actions?
(a) They will be fast.
(b) They will be crafty.
(c) They will be bloody.
(d) They will be careful.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
(a) He yelled at her but would not look at her.
(b) He would not look at her and would not speak to her.
(c) He stared at her but did not speak.
(d) He stared at her, then started to yell at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Hamlet to sit nearby during the play? Who does Hamlet prefer to sit with?
2. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do, after learning that Hamlet has committed murder?
3. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
4. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
5. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)