|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
(a) Ophelia swearing her loyalty to Hamlet.
(b) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her second husband.
(c) The Player Queen swearing her loyalty to her first husband.
(d) Gertrude is speaking about her own claims of love for Claudius.
2. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
3. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His parents barely spoke to each other.
(b) His father hated his mother.
(c) His mother hated his father.
(d) His mother was devoted to his father.
4. After witnessing Hamlet kill someone, Gertrude hurries to find Claudius. Who is he talking to when she comes in?
(a) Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
(b) Laertes and Ophelia.
(d) The ambassadors to Norway.
5. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(b) You give bad advice.
(c) Stop telling me what to do.
(d) Your advice is very wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ophelia in love with?
2. After Hamlet yells at Ophelia to go to a nunnery, what does she say about him?
3. Before the play is performed, Hamlet has a long conversation with the First Player. What is he telling the Player?
4. Hamlet finally tells Claudius how to find the body of his first victim: "But indeed, if you find him not within this month, you shall nose him as you go up the stairs into the lobby." How is Hamlet saying that they might find the body?
5. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)