|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hamlet's response when Claudius demands to know where the body of Hamlet's murdered victim is?
(a) The victim is not really dead and is eating supper in the castle.
(b) The victim is eating supper in Hell.
(c) The worms are eating the victim for supper.
(d) The victim is eating supper in Heaven.
2. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
(a) King, father, royal Dane.
(b) Angel and minister of grace.
(c) Fearsome creature.
(d) Devil, demon, bane of Heaven.
3. Watching the troops attacking, Hamlet decides that he is less of a man than their leader. Why does he say that?
(a) Hamlet was never in the army, unlike the troops' leader.
(b) The leader is a common man, while Hamlet is a prince.
(c) Hamlet has only killed one man and the leader has killed many.
(d) He has a better reason to fight than the leader, but he does not fight.
4. What is the main idea of Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech?
(a) Hamlet is thinking about proposing to Ophelia.
(b) Hamlet is thinking about killing Ophelia.
(c) Hamlet is thinking about killing Claudius.
(d) Hamlet is thinking about killing himself.
5. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Puts a curse on him.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Smiles at him.
(d) Beckons him to follow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
2. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
3. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
4. After the play, Claudius meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to discuss Hamlet's condition. Are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern more sympathetic to Claudius, Hamlet, or someone else?
5. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)