|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the play, Claudius meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to discuss Hamlet's condition. Are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern more sympathetic to Claudius, Hamlet, or someone else?
2. When Polonius tries to speak with Hamlet, does Polonius really believe Hamlet is crazy?
(a) Yes, Polonius says Hamlet is totally insane.
(b) Not entirely -- Polonius sees some reason or logic within the craziness.
(c) No, Polonius does not think Hamlet is crazy at all.
(d) Yes, but Polonius thinks it is easily cured.
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does Hamlet reveal about his reasons for wanting the players to perform?
(a) He wants to use the play to test Claudius's conscience.
(b) He thinks the play will distract him.
(c) He thinks the play will remind Gertrude of her first husband.
(d) He thinks the players are very talented.
4. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(b) More angry than sad.
(d) More sad than angry.
5. Some sailors arrive at Elsinore from a pirate ship in Act 4, Scene 6. Who do they deliver a letter to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
2. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Hamlet tell Ophelia about his feelings for her?
3. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
5. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)