|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
(a) Talk to people, but do not listen to them.
(b) Practice talking to strangers to build up your confidence.
(c) Let women do the talking; men should listen.
(d) Listen to people, but do not talk very much.
2. Polonius gives Reynaldo very specific instructions about how to find the information he wants. What are those instructions?
(a) Ask his son directly.
(b) Lie about him if that helps bring out the truth.
(c) Talk to the local police department.
(d) Ask his son's friends and teachers.
3. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
(a) Angel and minister of grace.
(b) King, father, royal Dane.
(c) Fearsome creature.
(d) Devil, demon, bane of Heaven.
4. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
5. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
(a) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(b) Tell the queen.
(c) Tell the king.
(d) Talk to Hamlet himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
2. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
3. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
4. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)