|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
(a) His brother's death and his own marriage to Gertrude.
(b) His coronation and the war with Norway.
(c) The war that killed the last king and the upcoming marriage of his nephew.
(d) His brother's wedding and the birth of his nephew.
2. What was Ophelia doing when she was frightened by Hamlet in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Poison poured in his ear.
(c) A knife in the back.
(d) Poison poured down his throat.
4. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Help him avenge the murder.
(d) Help him break the news to his mother.
5. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She has too much power over the country.
(b) She is responsible for his father's death.
(c) She forgot his father too quickly.
(d) She is grieving too much for his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
2. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
4. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
5. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)