|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
(a) Let women do the talking; men should listen.
(b) Practice talking to strangers to build up your confidence.
(c) Listen to people, but do not talk very much.
(d) Talk to people, but do not listen to them.
2. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Get revenge.
(b) Help the new king.
(c) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(d) Hire an exorcist.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
(a) Find out if his son is behaving appropriately.
(b) Find out how his son is doing in school.
(c) Find out if his son is getting enough to eat.
(d) Find out if his son has a girlfriend.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Spy on him.
(b) Stay away from him.
(c) Flirt with him.
(d) Make friends with him.
5. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
(a) Angel and minister of grace.
(b) Devil, demon, bane of Heaven.
(c) King, father, royal Dane.
(d) Fearsome creature.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about Hamlet's clothes?
3. What is the King doing during Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
5. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)