|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he has seen the ghost, how does Hamlet describe his parents' marriage?
(a) His mother hated his father.
(b) His parents barely spoke to each other.
(c) His father hated his mother.
(d) His mother was devoted to his father.
2. After hearing about Hamlet's strange behavior, what does Polonius say about his own decisions?
(a) By telling the king that Hamlet is crazy, he may have gotten himself in trouble.
(b) By telling the queen that Hamlet is crazy, he may have upset her.
(c) By telling Ophelia to stay away, he may have made Hamlet worse.
(d) By telling Ophelia to stay away, he may have saved her from worse treatment.
3. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
(a) Leave Hamlet alone with the ghost.
(b) Follow Hamlet and the ghost.
(c) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(d) Tell the King about Hamlet's strange behavior.
4. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
(a) Find out if his son is getting enough to eat.
(b) Find out if his son has a girlfriend.
(c) Find out if his son is behaving appropriately.
(d) Find out how his son is doing in school.
5. What was Ophelia doing when she was frightened by Hamlet in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
2. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
3. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
5. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)