|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Hire an exorcist.
(b) Help the new king.
(c) Get revenge.
(d) Have a priest pray for its soul.
2. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
(a) He is too angry.
(b) He is too happy.
(c) He is too frightened.
(d) He is too sad.
3. What time of day is it in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) After midnight.
(b) Lunch time.
(d) Almost midnight.
4. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
(a) Fearsome creature.
(b) Angel and minister of grace.
(c) Devil, demon, bane of Heaven.
(d) King, father, royal Dane.
5. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
(a) Talk to Hamlet himself.
(b) Tell the queen.
(c) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(d) Tell the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
3. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
4. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
5. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)