|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ophelia doing when she was frightened by Hamlet in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She forgot his father too quickly.
(b) She has too much power over the country.
(c) She is grieving too much for his father.
(d) She is responsible for his father's death.
3. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
(a) Hamlet is taking his father's death too hard.
(b) Hamlet has studied too hard at school.
(c) Hamlet is mad with love for Ophelia.
(d) Hamlet has always been a strange boy and his father's death has driven him insane.
4. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He was stung by a serpent.
(d) He died in his sleep.
5. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Beckons him to follow.
(b) Puts a curse on him.
(c) Smiles at him.
(d) Ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
2. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
3. Who is Ophelia in love with?
4. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
5. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)