|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
(a) Find out if his son is getting enough to eat.
(b) Find out if his son has a girlfriend.
(c) Find out if his son is behaving appropriately.
(d) Find out how his son is doing in school.
2. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
(a) Tell the king.
(b) Talk to Hamlet himself.
(c) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(d) Tell the queen.
3. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) Protect her from the murderer.
(b) She is a good woman.
(c) Do not blame her for what happened.
(d) What happened is her fault.
4. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He died in his sleep.
(d) He was stung by a serpent.
5. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
(a) He thinks Horatio is inventing it to distract him.
(b) He wants to talk to it.
(c) He wants it to leave him alone.
(d) He does not believe it exists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
4. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
5. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)