|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He does not trust him.
(c) He misses him.
(d) He is afraid of him.
2. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(a) Written notes.
(d) Money and written notes.
3. What was Ophelia doing when she was frightened by Hamlet in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Puts a curse on him.
(b) Beckons him to follow.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Smiles at him.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
(a) Off to war.
(b) To live in another country.
(c) To go to a new school.
(d) Back to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
3. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
4. After discussing Hamlet with Polonius in Act 1, how has Ophelia interacted with Hamlet?
5. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)