|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Help the new king.
(b) Get revenge.
(c) Hire an exorcist.
(d) Have a priest pray for its soul.
2. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She forgot his father too quickly.
(b) She is responsible for his father's death.
(c) She has too much power over the country.
(d) She is grieving too much for his father.
3. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
(a) Hamlet is taking his father's death too hard.
(b) Hamlet has always been a strange boy and his father's death has driven him insane.
(c) Hamlet has studied too hard at school.
(d) Hamlet is mad with love for Ophelia.
4. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
(a) Drunken singing.
(b) Trumpets being blown and ordinance being fired.
(c) Men shouting and women screaming.
(d) A cock crowing.
5. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
(a) Devil, demon, bane of Heaven.
(b) Fearsome creature.
(c) King, father, royal Dane.
(d) Angel and minister of grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
3. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
4. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
5. After discussing Hamlet with Polonius in Act 1, how has Ophelia interacted with Hamlet?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)