|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
(a) Follow Hamlet and the ghost.
(b) Leave Hamlet alone with the ghost.
(c) Get Hamlet to see a doctor.
(d) Tell the King about Hamlet's strange behavior.
2. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
(a) Curse him.
(b) Bless him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Drive him crazy.
3. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(a) Written notes.
(c) Money and written notes.
4. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
(b) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
(c) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
(d) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
5. After discussing Hamlet with Polonius in Act 1, how has Ophelia interacted with Hamlet?
(a) She has spent even more time with him than she used to.
(b) She has continued to see him.
(c) She has avoided him most of the time.
(d) She has avoided him entirely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the ghost claim to be?
2. Who is Ophelia?
3. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
4. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
5. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)