|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) What happened is her fault.
(b) Do not blame her for what happened.
(c) Protect her from the murderer.
(d) She is a good woman.
2. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Keep your good friends close to you.
(b) Do not worry about making friends.
(c) Good people rarely have any friends.
(d) Good people always have lots of friends.
3. Polonius gives Reynaldo very specific instructions about how to find the information he wants. What are those instructions?
(a) Ask his son directly.
(b) Talk to the local police department.
(c) Lie about him if that helps bring out the truth.
(d) Ask his son's friends and teachers.
4. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
(a) Drive him crazy.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Bless him.
(d) Curse him.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Make friends with him.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Spy on him.
(d) Stay away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
2. After discussing Hamlet with Polonius in Act 1, how has Ophelia interacted with Hamlet?
3. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
4. As Hamlet and the others wait to see the ghost in Act 1, Scene 4, what do they hear in the distance?
5. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)