|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
(b) He tells them nothing.
(c) He says the ghost is a liar.
(d) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
2. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
(b) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
(c) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(d) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about Hamlet's clothes?
(a) He was still dressed all in black.
(b) He was wearing his father's armor.
(c) He was wearing the shirt she embroidered for him.
(d) His clothes were in disarray.
4. After hearing Ophelia's description of Hamlet, what reason does Polonius suggest for Hamlet's strange behavior?
(a) Hamlet has studied too hard at school.
(b) Hamlet is mad with love for Ophelia.
(c) Hamlet has always been a strange boy and his father's death has driven him insane.
(d) Hamlet is taking his father's death too hard.
5. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
(a) Listen to people, but do not talk very much.
(b) Let women do the talking; men should listen.
(c) Practice talking to strangers to build up your confidence.
(d) Talk to people, but do not listen to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
2. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
3. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
4. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
5. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)