|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
(a) He stared at her but did not speak.
(b) He would not look at her and would not speak to her.
(c) He stared at her, then started to yell at her.
(d) He yelled at her but would not look at her.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
(a) Buy the fanciest clothes you can find.
(b) Nobody pays attention to what you wear.
(c) Get costly, but not showy or ostentatious clothes.
(d) Buy the least expensive clothes you can find.
3. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He misses him.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He does not trust him.
4. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) She is a good woman.
(b) Do not blame her for what happened.
(c) What happened is her fault.
(d) Protect her from the murderer.
5. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
(a) Claudius seduced his wife.
(b) Claudius stole from the state treasury.
(c) Polonius stole from the state treasury.
(d) Laertes seduced his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polonius gives Reynaldo very specific instructions about how to find the information he wants. What are those instructions?
2. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
3. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
4. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, what does Polonius ask Reynaldo to find out?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)