|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Stay away from him.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Spy on him.
(d) Flirt with him.
2. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
(a) Pretend to be crazy.
(b) Leave the country forever.
(c) Kill somebody.
(d) Get married.
3. Who is Claudius?
(a) Hamlet's brother.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) The Prince of Norway.
(d) Hamlet's uncle and the new king.
4. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
(a) Only if he is afraid of it.
(c) Not if he carries garlic and a crucifix.
5. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him break the news to his mother.
(b) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(c) Keep his secret.
(d) Help him avenge the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
2. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
3. Hamlet says "The time is out of joint: O cursed spite/ That ever I was born to set it right!" What does that mean?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
5. After listening to Ophelia's description of Hamlet, Polonius believes he has found the explanation for Hamlet's behavior. What does he decide to do next?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)