|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(b) You give bad advice.
(c) Your advice is very wise.
(d) Stop telling me what to do.
2. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
3. When the audience first sees Claudius, he gives a speech about the current situation in Denmark and then speaks to Hamlet about his behavior. What does Claudius say to Hamlet at this early point in the play?
(a) He is too frightened.
(b) He is too sad.
(c) He is too happy.
(d) He is too angry.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Spy on him.
(d) Stay away from him.
5. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
(b) Not if he carries garlic and a crucifix.
(d) Only if he is afraid of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ophelia?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
3. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
4. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
5. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)