|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
(a) She saw Hamlet slap Gertrude in the face.
(b) She saw the ghost talking to Hamlet.
(c) She saw a fight between Claudius and Hamlet.
(d) She had an unpleasant encounter with Hamlet.
2. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(b) Stop telling me what to do.
(c) You give bad advice.
(d) Your advice is very wise.
3. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Do not borrow or lend money.
(b) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
(c) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
(d) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
4. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) A knife in the back.
(b) Poison poured down his throat.
(c) Poison poured in his ear.
(d) A heart attack.
5. Does Hamlet think the ghost can harm him?
(c) Only if he is afraid of it.
(d) Not if he carries garlic and a crucifix.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet first sees the ghost, what does he call it?
2. What does Horatio say the ghost might do to Hamlet?
3. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
4. Who is Claudius?
5. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)