|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
2. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) Do not blame her for what happened.
(b) Protect her from the murderer.
(c) What happened is her fault.
(d) She is a good woman.
3. Early in the play, what country does Claudius send messengers to?
4. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Beckons him to follow.
(c) Puts a curse on him.
(d) Smiles at him.
5. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him avenge the murder.
(b) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(c) Keep his secret.
(d) Help him break the news to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hamlet and his friends first see the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends tell him to do?
2. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. Who is Ophelia?
4. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
5. Who is Ophelia in love with?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)