|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what two events does Claudius describe?
(a) His brother's wedding and the birth of his nephew.
(b) The war that killed the last king and the upcoming marriage of his nephew.
(c) His brother's death and his own marriage to Gertrude.
(d) His coronation and the war with Norway.
2. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Puts a curse on him.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Smiles at him.
(d) Beckons him to follow.
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(b) Hire an exorcist.
(c) Help the new king.
(d) Get revenge.
4. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
(b) Written notes.
(c) Money and written notes.
5. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Pretend to be crazy.
(c) Leave the country forever.
(d) Kill somebody.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Claudius?
2. What does Hamlet say when he first hears about the ghost?
3. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
4. Who does the ghost claim to be?
5. What is the Prince of Norway's name?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)