|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, why is Ophelia frightened?
(a) She had an unpleasant encounter with Hamlet.
(b) She saw Hamlet slap Gertrude in the face.
(c) She saw a fight between Claudius and Hamlet.
(d) She saw the ghost talking to Hamlet.
2. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Keep his secret.
(b) Help him avenge the murder.
(c) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(d) Help him break the news to his mother.
3. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Smiles at him.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Puts a curse on him.
(d) Beckons him to follow.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Stay away from him.
(b) Spy on him.
(c) Flirt with him.
(d) Make friends with him.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Ophelia say about the look on Hamlet's face?
(a) He looked like he wanted to kiss her.
(b) He looked like he was ready to cry.
(c) He looked like he had seen a ghost.
(d) He looked like he came out of Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Hamlet follows the ghost, what do Hamlet's friends decide to do?
2. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does Ophelia describe Hamlet's behavior?
4. After hearing about Hamlet's strange behavior, what does Polonius say about his own decisions?
5. Which two characters is Laertes related to?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)