|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Be true to yourself.
(b) Do not talk too much.
(c) Do well in school.
(d) Do not borrow money.
2. In Act 3, Scene 1, after they have had some time to talk to Hamlet, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern say about his behavior?
(a) He acts strangely, but does not seem crazy.
(b) He is just unhappy about his father's death.
(c) He has lost his mind.
(d) He has not changed at all. He's normal.
3. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
(a) Claudius seduced his wife.
(b) Claudius stole from the state treasury.
(c) Laertes seduced his wife.
(d) Polonius stole from the state treasury.
4. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Keep your good friends close to you.
(b) Good people always have lots of friends.
(c) Good people rarely have any friends.
(d) Do not worry about making friends.
5. Claudius says his crime "hath the primal eldest curse upon't." What does he mean?
(a) Killing your oldest brother is an especially bad crime.
(b) A brother's murder is an especially bad crime.
(c) Killing the king is an especially bad crime.
(d) Stealing your brother's wife is an especially bad crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
3. How does Hamlet manage to avoid his fate in England?
4. What does the ghost do to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)