Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his first soliloquy, what does Hamlet say about his mother?
(a) She forgot his father too quickly.
(b) She is responsible for his father's death.
(c) She has too much power over the country.
(d) She is grieving too much for his father.
2. How does Hamlet react when he sees the ghost for the first time?
(a) He is angry and tries to attack it.
(b) He is startled, but tries to talk to it.
(c) He is upset and starts to cry.
(d) He is frightened and runs away.
3. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do well in school.
(b) Do not borrow money.
(c) Do not talk too much.
(d) Be true to yourself.
4. How does Horatio describe the ghost to Hamlet?
(a) More sad than angry.
(b) More angry than sad.
5. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Ophelia killed Hamlet's father.
(b) Laertes killed Hamlet's father.
(c) Hamlet's mother killed Hamlet's father.
(d) Claudius killed Hamlet's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they wait for the ghost, Hamlet describes the King's nightly tradition. What does Hamlet think about this tradition?
2. Before Hamlet hears about the ghost, how does he feel about Claudius?
3. What does Polonius ask Reynaldo to give to his son?
4. Who is Ophelia?
5. What is Hamlet's mother's name?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)