|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Make sure he does not hurt you.
(b) Do not go to bed with him.
(c) Ask him to marry you.
(d) Do not trust his promises of love.
2. Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) The ambassadors to Norway.
(b) Gertrude's nephews.
(c) Hamlet's old friends.
(d) Servants of the court.
3. What does Hamlet mean when he says "I will speak daggers to her, but use none."
(a) He will insult Ophelia when he sees her again.
(b) He will speak harshly and honestly to Ophelia, but will not hurt her.
(c) He will speak harshly and honestly to Gertrude, but will not hurt her.
(d) He will try to kill Gertrude.
4. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
(a) He is not crazy.
(b) He is mad with love for Ophelia.
(c) He is determined to get revenge.
(d) He is crazy.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
(a) Back to college.
(b) Off to war.
(c) To live in another country.
(d) To go to a new school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, what happens when Polonius first tries to speak to Hamlet?
3. After welcoming them to Elsinore, what does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do?
4. After witnessing Hamlet kill someone, Gertrude hurries to find Claudius. Who is he talking to when she comes in?
5. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do, after learning that Hamlet has committed murder?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)