|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
(a) Fortinbras wants to take over Denmark and Poland.
(b) Fortinbras will attack Poland, not Denmark.
(c) Fortinbras does not plan to attack any country at all.
(d) Fortinbras wants to take over Denmark.
2. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
(a) It walks at night and is frozen in a block of ice during the day.
(b) It is tortured and burned in a fire all the time.
(c) It walks all the time, hoping someone will set it free.
(d) It walks at night and is tortured by day.
3. Who asks Hamlet to sit nearby during the play? Who does Hamlet prefer to sit with?
(a) Claudius wants Hamlet to sit nearby, but he prefers Ophelia.
(b) Ophelia wants Hamlet to sit by her, but he prefers Horatio.
(c) Getrude wants Hamlet to sit by her, but he prefers Ophelia.
(d) Gertrude wants Hamlet to sit by her, but he prefers Horatio.
4. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him avenge the murder.
(b) Help him break the news to his mother.
(c) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(d) Keep his secret.
5. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Make sure he does not hurt you.
(b) Do not trust his promises of love.
(c) Do not go to bed with him.
(d) Ask him to marry you.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Claudius hears that Hamlet has killed someone, what does he say?
2. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
4. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
5. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)