|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Spy on him.
(b) Flirt with him.
(c) Make friends with him.
(d) Stay away from him.
2. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
(b) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
(c) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
(d) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
3. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(b) Stop telling me what to do.
(c) You give bad advice.
(d) Your advice is very wise.
4. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
(a) Not to perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to perform Hamlet's favorite play instead.
(b) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to add in a speech with new lines.
(c) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to let Hamlet play a role in it.
(d) To perform both "The Murder of Gonzago" and "Priam and Hecuba" for the court.
5. When Polonius tries to speak with Hamlet, does Polonius really believe Hamlet is crazy?
(a) Not entirely -- Polonius sees some reason or logic within the craziness.
(b) Yes, but Polonius thinks it is easily cured.
(c) Yes, Polonius says Hamlet is totally insane.
(d) No, Polonius does not think Hamlet is crazy at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ophelia comes to watch the play. Before the play begins, how does Hamlet act towards her?
2. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does Hamlet reveal about his reasons for wanting the players to perform?
4. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
5. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)