|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
(b) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(c) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
(d) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
2. When Claudius reacts to the play, what does Hamlet say in response?
(a) "Get me a fellowship in a cry of players."
(b) "For if the king like not the comedy, Why then, belike, he likes it not, perdy. "
(c) "What, frighted with false fire!"
(d) "It would cost you a groaning to take off my edge. "
3. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) You give bad advice.
(b) Stop telling me what to do.
(c) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(d) Your advice is very wise.
4. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Keep his secret.
(b) Help him break the news to his mother.
(c) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(d) Help him avenge the murder.
5. When Polonius tries to speak with Hamlet, does Polonius really believe Hamlet is crazy?
(a) Not entirely -- Polonius sees some reason or logic within the craziness.
(b) Yes, Polonius says Hamlet is totally insane.
(c) Yes, but Polonius thinks it is easily cured.
(d) No, Polonius does not think Hamlet is crazy at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamlet mean when he says "I will speak daggers to her, but use none."
2. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
3. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
4. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. After the play is performed, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern ask Hamlet to do?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)