|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A knife in the back.
(c) Poison poured in his ear.
(d) Poison poured down his throat.
2. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(b) Hire an exorcist.
(c) Get revenge.
(d) Help the new king.
3. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do well in school.
(b) Do not borrow money.
(c) Do not talk too much.
(d) Be true to yourself.
4. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) A tortured spirit.
(b) Hamlet's father.
(c) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
(d) Hamlet's grandfather.
5. Who are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern?
(a) Hamlet's old friends.
(b) The ambassadors to Norway.
(c) Gertrude's nephews.
(d) Servants of the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
2. When Claudius hears that Hamlet has killed someone, what does he say?
3. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
4. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
5. Who asks Hamlet to sit nearby during the play? Who does Hamlet prefer to sit with?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)