|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
(a) He is not crazy.
(b) He is determined to get revenge.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is mad with love for Ophelia.
2. When Claudius reacts to the play, what does Hamlet say in response?
(a) "It would cost you a groaning to take off my edge. "
(b) "For if the king like not the comedy, Why then, belike, he likes it not, perdy. "
(c) "Get me a fellowship in a cry of players."
(d) "What, frighted with false fire!"
3. Why does Hamlet talk to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about a recorder?
(a) Hamlet wants them to make the musicians stop playing the recorder.
(b) Hamlet says he wants to learn to play the recorder.
(c) Hamlet says they want to play him like a recorder and get information out of him.
(d) Hamlet asks them to teach him how to play the recorder.
4. Early in Act 2, Polonius believes he has found the cause of Hamlet's behavior. What is the first thing he does to test his theory?
(a) Eavesdrop on him while he talks to Horatio.
(b) Eavesdrop on him while he prays.
(c) Send him to a doctor.
(d) Arrange for him to meet Ophelia and spy on them together.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
(a) To go to a new school.
(b) To live in another country.
(c) Off to war.
(d) Back to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
2. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
3. Who asks Hamlet to sit nearby during the play? Who does Hamlet prefer to sit with?
4. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)