|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Claudius hears that Hamlet has killed someone, what does he say?
(a) Hamlet needs to be sent to jail.
(b) Hamlet is a brave man.
(c) Hamlet might have killed him.
(d) Hamlet needs to be executed.
2. What does Hamlet learn about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's reasons for visiting Elsinore?
(a) They came to visit him.
(b) They were sent for by the king.
(c) They came to see his father's funeral.
(d) They were sent for by Polonius.
3. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) An opening scene that shows how much the king and queen love each other.
(b) A welcoming speech by their sponsor, Prince Hamlet.
(c) A prologue, in which they summarize the upcoming play.
(d) A dumbshow, in which they do not speak.
4. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him break the news to his mother.
(b) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(c) Help him avenge the murder.
(d) Keep his secret.
5. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
(a) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to add in a speech with new lines.
(b) To perform both "The Murder of Gonzago" and "Priam and Hecuba" for the court.
(c) Not to perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to perform Hamlet's favorite play instead.
(d) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to let Hamlet play a role in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the ghost claim to be?
2. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
3. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
4. After witnessing Hamlet kill someone, Gertrude hurries to find Claudius. Who is he talking to when she comes in?
5. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)