|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) Hamlet's father.
(b) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
(c) Hamlet's grandfather.
(d) A tortured spirit.
2. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) Your advice is very wise.
(b) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(c) Stop telling me what to do.
(d) You give bad advice.
3. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
(c) No one.
4. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
(a) Hamlet just wants her to sleep with him.
(b) Horatio just wants her to sleep with him.
(c) As a prince, Hamlet may not get to choose who he marries.
(d) Polonius is an abusive boyfriend.
5. Why does Hamlet talk to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about a recorder?
(a) Hamlet asks them to teach him how to play the recorder.
(b) Hamlet wants them to make the musicians stop playing the recorder.
(c) Hamlet says they want to play him like a recorder and get information out of him.
(d) Hamlet says he wants to learn to play the recorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
2. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what happens when Polonius first tries to speak to Hamlet?
4. When Claudius hears that Hamlet has killed someone, what does he say?
5. When Polonius tries to speak with Hamlet, does Polonius really believe Hamlet is crazy?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)