|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hamlet talk to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about a recorder?
(a) Hamlet says he wants to learn to play the recorder.
(b) Hamlet asks them to teach him how to play the recorder.
(c) Hamlet says they want to play him like a recorder and get information out of him.
(d) Hamlet wants them to make the musicians stop playing the recorder.
2. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
(a) Borrowing money is all right, but do not lend money.
(b) Do not borrow money, but lend money if you can.
(c) Do not borrow or lend money.
(d) Borrowing and lending money is a good thing to do.
3. Before the play is performed, Hamlet has a long conversation with the First Player. What is he telling the Player?
(a) Hamlet is coaching him on how to perform.
(b) Hamlet is telling him about the king's death.
(c) Hamlet is asking him about the life of an actor.
(d) Hamlet is complaining about how Ophelia is acting.
4. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
(a) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to add in a speech with new lines.
(b) To perform both "The Murder of Gonzago" and "Priam and Hecuba" for the court.
(c) Not to perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to perform Hamlet's favorite play instead.
(d) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to let Hamlet play a role in it.
5. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) Poison poured in his ear.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A knife in the back.
(d) Poison poured down his throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamlet ask Horatio to do during the play's performance?
2. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
3. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
4. What is the first part of the players' performance in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What does Hamlet learn about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's reasons for visiting Elsinore?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)