|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After welcoming them to Elsinore, what does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do?
(a) Cheer Hamlet up and find out what is wrong with him.
(b) Watch Hamlet and make sure he does not hurt anyone.
(c) Convince Hamlet to go back to school.
(d) Convince Fortinbras not to attack Denmark.
2. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) Hamlet's father.
(b) A tortured spirit.
(c) Hamlet's grandfather.
(d) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
3. Why does Hamlet talk to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern about a recorder?
(a) Hamlet says he wants to learn to play the recorder.
(b) Hamlet wants them to make the musicians stop playing the recorder.
(c) Hamlet says they want to play him like a recorder and get information out of him.
(d) Hamlet asks them to teach him how to play the recorder.
4. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Do not trust his promises of love.
(b) Ask him to marry you.
(c) Do not go to bed with him.
(d) Make sure he does not hurt you.
5. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
(a) Fortinbras wants to take over Denmark.
(b) Fortinbras will attack Poland, not Denmark.
(c) Fortinbras wants to take over Denmark and Poland.
(d) Fortinbras does not plan to attack any country at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
2. What does Polonius tell Laertes about borrowing money?
3. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
4. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
5. Who is Ophelia in love with?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)