|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the play is performed, what does Polonius ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Go see the Queen.
(b) Go see Ophelia.
(c) Go see Claudius.
(d) Ask the players to leave Elsinore.
2. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
(a) How confident they are in their performances.
(b) How intelligent they are.
(c) How quickly they can learn new lines in a script.
(d) How much emotion they are able to summon up for a performance.
3. After the play is performed, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Go see his mother.
(b) Ask the players to leave Elsinore.
(c) Go see Ophelia.
(d) Go see Claudius.
4. Who is Ophelia?
(a) Daughter of Hamlet, sister of Horatio.
(b) Daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes.
(c) Daughter of Gertrude, sister of Hamlet.
(d) Daughter of Claudius, cousin of Hamlet.
5. What does Polonius say is the most important thing for Laertes to remember as he leaves Elsinore?
(a) Do not talk too much.
(b) Be true to yourself.
(c) Do not borrow money.
(d) Do well in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "The Mousetrap," Gertrude says, "The lady protests too much, methinks." What is she talking about?
2. What does Hamlet mean when he says "I will speak daggers to her, but use none."
3. When Claudius hears that Hamlet has killed someone, what does he say?
4. Early in Act 2, Polonius believes he has found the cause of Hamlet's behavior. What is the first thing he does to test his theory?
5. After welcoming them to Elsinore, what does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)