|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the ambassadors have left, what piece of writing does Polonius share with Claudius and Gertrude?
(a) Hamlet's plan to kill Claudius.
(b) A letter from Hamlet to Fortinbras.
(c) A love letter from Hamlet to Ophelia.
(d) A treaty between Norway and Poland.
2. Who is Ophelia in love with?
3. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Help him break the news to his mother.
(d) Help him avenge the murder.
4. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Ophelia killed Hamlet's father.
(b) Hamlet's mother killed Hamlet's father.
(c) Laertes killed Hamlet's father.
(d) Claudius killed Hamlet's father.
5. What does Ophelia tell Laertes about his advice on her love life?
(a) You give bad advice.
(b) Stop telling me what to do.
(c) Make sure you follow your own advice.
(d) Your advice is very wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
2. What does Hamlet learn about Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's reasons for visiting Elsinore?
3. Who is Ophelia?
4. Who asks Hamlet to sit nearby during the play? Who does Hamlet prefer to sit with?
5. Polonius gives Laertes plenty of advice before Laertes leaves Elsinore. What does Polonius tell Laertes about talking and listening to people?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)