|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Good people rarely have any friends.
(b) Do not worry about making friends.
(c) Keep your good friends close to you.
(d) Good people always have lots of friends.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
(a) Buy the fanciest clothes you can find.
(b) Buy the least expensive clothes you can find.
(c) Nobody pays attention to what you wear.
(d) Get costly, but not showy or ostentatious clothes.
3. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do, after learning that Hamlet has committed murder?
(a) Get the body from Hamlet.
(b) Protect Ophelia from Hamlet.
(c) Find Hamlet so the guards can arrest him.
(d) Protect Getrude from Hamlet.
4. Hamlet is delighted that the players, a group of traveling actors, are at Elsinore. He welcomes them and asks them for two favors. What are those two favors?
(a) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to add in a speech with new lines.
(b) Not to perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to perform Hamlet's favorite play instead.
(c) To perform "The Murder of Gonzago" and to let Hamlet play a role in it.
(d) To perform both "The Murder of Gonzago" and "Priam and Hecuba" for the court.
5. Before the play is performed, Hamlet has a long conversation with the First Player. What is he telling the Player?
(a) Hamlet is coaching him on how to perform.
(b) Hamlet is complaining about how Ophelia is acting.
(c) Hamlet is asking him about the life of an actor.
(d) Hamlet is telling him about the king's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Claudius reacts to the play, what does Hamlet say in response?
2. After the play is performed, what does Polonius ask Hamlet to do?
3. Hamlet says "The time is out of joint: O cursed spite/ That ever I was born to set it right!" What does that mean?
4. Ophelia comes to watch the play. Before the play begins, how does Hamlet act towards her?
5. Who is Ophelia?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)