|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
(a) Keep your good friends close to you.
(b) Good people rarely have any friends.
(c) Do not worry about making friends.
(d) Good people always have lots of friends.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Spy on him.
(c) Stay away from him.
(d) Make friends with him.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
(a) Buy the least expensive clothes you can find.
(b) Buy the fanciest clothes you can find.
(c) Nobody pays attention to what you wear.
(d) Get costly, but not showy or ostentatious clothes.
4. Ophelia comes to watch the play. Before the play begins, how does Hamlet act towards her?
(a) He ignores her and pretends he does not see her.
(b) He yells at her and tries to hit her.
(c) He flirts with her and makes suggestive remarks.
(d) He is friendly and apologizes for his earlier behavior.
5. Before the play is performed, Hamlet has a long conversation with the First Player. What is he telling the Player?
(a) Hamlet is complaining about how Ophelia is acting.
(b) Hamlet is asking him about the life of an actor.
(c) Hamlet is coaching him on how to perform.
(d) Hamlet is telling him about the king's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
2. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
3. After talking to Hamlet in her room, what does Gertrude say about Hamlet?
4. When Claudius finds out Hamlet has killed someone, what is he most worried about?
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, what does Hamlet reveal about his reasons for wanting the players to perform?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)