|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamlet ask Horatio to do during the play's performance?
(a) Help Hamlet kill Claudius as the play is performed.
(b) Watch Polonius and see if he reacts to the play.
(c) Watch Claudius and see if he reacts to the play.
(d) Watch Gertrude and see if she reacts to the play.
2. After Laertes has left in Act 1, Scene 3, Polonius talks to Ophelia about her romance. What does Polonius tell her?
(a) Do not trust his promises of love.
(b) Ask him to marry you.
(c) Make sure he does not hurt you.
(d) Do not go to bed with him.
3. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him avenge the murder.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(d) Help him break the news to his mother.
4. When Claudius finds out Hamlet has killed someone, what is he most worried about?
(a) Whether the murder will affect his power and ability to rule.
(b) Whether Hamlet will try to kill.
(c) Whether a doctor can help Hamlet get better.
(d) Whether Hamlet should stand trial.
5. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Poison poured in his ear.
(c) A knife in the back.
(d) Poison poured down his throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the ghost claim to be?
2. After the play is performed, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern ask Hamlet to do?
3. What does Hamlet mean when he says "I will speak daggers to her, but use none."
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, before Laertes leaves Elsinore, Polonius gives him advice about clothes. What does Polonius say?
5. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)