Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Polonius ask Ophelia to do about Hamlet?
(a) Flirt with him.
(b) Spy on him.
(c) Make friends with him.
(d) Stay away from him.
2. What does Claudius ask Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to do, after learning that Hamlet has committed murder?
(a) Get the body from Hamlet.
(b) Protect Ophelia from Hamlet.
(c) Protect Getrude from Hamlet.
(d) Find Hamlet so the guards can arrest him.
3. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Claudius killed Hamlet's father.
(b) Ophelia killed Hamlet's father.
(c) Hamlet's mother killed Hamlet's father.
(d) Laertes killed Hamlet's father.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, where is Laertes going?
(a) To live in another country.
(b) Off to war.
(c) To go to a new school.
(d) Back to college.
5. After watching the players give a speech about Hecuba and Priam, what does Hamlet say impresses him the most?
(a) How confident they are in their performances.
(b) How intelligent they are.
(c) How quickly they can learn new lines in a script.
(d) How much emotion they are able to summon up for a performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message do the ambassadors bring Claudius back from Norway?
2. When Claudius finds out Hamlet has killed someone, what is he most worried about?
3. Who is Gertrude truly loyal to?
4. When he is giving Laertes advice, what does Polonius say about friends?
5. Before he returns to school, what does Laertes tell Ophelia about her boyfriend?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)