|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hamlet's behavior during the play-within-a-play, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern agree to do with Hamlet?
(a) Take him to England next summer.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Take him to a doctor.
(d) Take him to England right away.
2. On his way to see his mother in Act 3, Scene 3, Hamlet finds Claudius. What does Hamlet decide not to do in that scene?
(a) Argue with him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Trick him into admitting his guilt.
(d) Avoid him.
3. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He tells them nothing.
(b) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
(c) He says the ghost is a liar.
(d) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
4. What are the Norwegian soldiers fighting over?
(a) A country.
(b) A little piece of worthless land.
(c) A king's assassination.
(d) An insult.
5. As Claudius speaks about his guilt in Act 3, Scene 3, what does he say about repenting?
(a) He wants to repent, but cannot tell anyone what he has done.
(b) He is sure that heaven will forgive him for his crime.
(c) Only the weak repent.
(d) He cannot repent because he still has the crown and the queen -- the two things he did the murder for.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
2. In Act 4, scene 4, while watching the troops and reflecting on his own behavior, what does Hamlet promise about his future actions?
3. After the play, Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, and Claudius meet to discuss Hamlet. Polonius joins them. What does he tell Claudius?
4. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
5. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)