|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
(a) Leave the country forever.
(b) Pretend to be crazy.
(c) Kill somebody.
(d) Get married.
2. Once left alone on stage in Act 3, Scene 3, what does Cladius express guilt about?
(a) Marrying Gertrude.
(b) Having Hamlet killed.
(c) Killing his brother.
(d) Hamlet going crazy.
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Help the new king.
(b) Hire an exorcist.
(c) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(d) Get revenge.
4. After the play, Claudius meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to discuss Hamlet's condition. Are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern more sympathetic to Claudius, Hamlet, or someone else?
5. On his way to see his mother in Act 3, Scene 3, Hamlet finds Claudius. What does Hamlet decide not to do in that scene?
(a) Argue with him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Avoid him.
(d) Trick him into admitting his guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamlet enters about halfway through Act 3, Scene 3. When he comes in, what is Claudius doing?
2. After Hamlet's behavior during the play-within-a-play, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern agree to do with Hamlet?
3. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
4. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. At the start of Act 4, Scene 4, the audience finally sees a character that has been talked about since the start of the play. Who is this character?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)