|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
(a) Do not blame her for what happened.
(b) What happened is her fault.
(c) Protect her from the murderer.
(d) She is a good woman.
2. Once left alone on stage in Act 3, Scene 3, what does Cladius express guilt about?
(a) Marrying Gertrude.
(b) Hamlet going crazy.
(c) Having Hamlet killed.
(d) Killing his brother.
3. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
(b) Hamlet's grandfather.
(c) Hamlet's father.
(d) A tortured spirit.
4. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
(a) It is tortured and burned in a fire all the time.
(b) It walks at night and is tortured by day.
(c) It walks at night and is frozen in a block of ice during the day.
(d) It walks all the time, hoping someone will set it free.
5. At the start of Act 4, Scene 4, the audience finally sees a character that has been talked about since the start of the play. Who is this character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
2. Claudius says his crime "hath the primal eldest curse upon't." What does he mean?
3. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
4. Watching the troops attacking, Hamlet decides that he is less of a man than their leader. Why does he say that?
5. What are the Norwegian soldiers fighting over?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)