|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Pretend to be crazy.
(c) Leave the country forever.
(d) Kill somebody.
2. What specific thing does Hamlet determine Claudius must do before Hamlet can murder him?
(a) Stand trial for his crime so he can face public justice.
(b) Commit a sin so Hamlet can send his soul to hell.
(c) Confess his crime so the world will know about his guilt.
(d) Apologize to Hamlet for killing his father.
3. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Keep his secret.
(b) Tell the world about the last king's death.
(c) Help him break the news to his mother.
(d) Help him avenge the murder.
4. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
5. In Act 4, scene 4, while watching the troops and reflecting on his own behavior, what does Hamlet promise about his future actions?
(a) They will be fast.
(b) They will be crafty.
(c) They will be bloody.
(d) They will be careful.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the play, Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, and Claudius meet to discuss Hamlet. Polonius joins them. What does he tell Claudius?
2. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
3. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
4. On his way to see his mother in Act 3, Scene 3, Hamlet finds Claudius. What does Hamlet decide not to do in that scene?
5. After the play, Claudius meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to discuss Hamlet's condition. Are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern more sympathetic to Claudius, Hamlet, or someone else?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)