|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Norwegian soldiers fighting over?
(a) A little piece of worthless land.
(b) An insult.
(c) A country.
(d) A king's assassination.
2. What does Claudius say in Act 3, Scene 3 about his own thoughts and words?
(a) His words and thoughts are not enough to convince heaven to forgive him.
(b) He does not speak his thoughts.
(c) He says the right words, but they do not reach heaven because his thoughts are on earth.
(d) His words lie, but his thoughts tell the truth.
3. At the start of Act 4, Scene 4, the audience finally sees a character that has been talked about since the start of the play. Who is this character?
4. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
5. What specific thing does Hamlet determine Claudius must do before Hamlet can murder him?
(a) Confess his crime so the world will know about his guilt.
(b) Apologize to Hamlet for killing his father.
(c) Commit a sin so Hamlet can send his soul to hell.
(d) Stand trial for his crime so he can face public justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
3. As Claudius speaks about his guilt in Act 3, Scene 3, what does he say about repenting?
4. Who does the ghost claim to be?
5. Claudius says his crime "hath the primal eldest curse upon't." What does he mean?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)