|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the ghost claim to be?
(a) The ghost of kings of Denmark past.
(b) Hamlet's grandfather.
(c) A tortured spirit.
(d) Hamlet's father.
2. In Act 4, scene 4, while watching the troops and reflecting on his own behavior, what does Hamlet promise about his future actions?
(a) They will be bloody.
(b) They will be fast.
(c) They will be careful.
(d) They will be crafty.
3. After witnessing Hamlet's behavior during the play, what does Claudius say about his condition?
(a) Hamlet is crazy, but harmless.
(b) Hamlet is crazy and dangerous.
(c) Hamlet is not crazy.
(d) Hamlet is not crazy, but he is dangerous.
4. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
(a) Help him break the news to his mother.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Help him avenge the murder.
(d) Tell the world about the last king's death.
5. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(b) Get revenge.
(c) Hire an exorcist.
(d) Help the new king.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Claudius speaks about his guilt in Act 3, Scene 3, what does he say about repenting?
2. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
3. Once left alone on stage in Act 3, Scene 3, what does Cladius express guilt about?
4. After the play, Claudius meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to discuss Hamlet's condition. Are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern more sympathetic to Claudius, Hamlet, or someone else?
5. During their first conversation, what does the ghost tell Hamlet about his mother?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)