|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Claudius says his crime "hath the primal eldest curse upon't." What does he mean?
(a) Killing the king is an especially bad crime.
(b) A brother's murder is an especially bad crime.
(c) Stealing your brother's wife is an especially bad crime.
(d) Killing your oldest brother is an especially bad crime.
2. What is the real reason for the last king's death?
(a) Poison poured down his throat.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A knife in the back.
(d) Poison poured in his ear.
3. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
(a) Polonius stole from the state treasury.
(b) Laertes seduced his wife.
(c) Claudius stole from the state treasury.
(d) Claudius seduced his wife.
4. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
(a) He pretends that he did not see a ghost.
(b) He repeats the truth about the last king's death.
(c) He says the ghost is a liar.
(d) He tells them nothing.
5. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Get revenge.
(b) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(c) Hire an exorcist.
(d) Help the new king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamlet enters about halfway through Act 3, Scene 3. When he comes in, what is Claudius doing?
2. On his way to see his mother in Act 3, Scene 3, Hamlet finds Claudius. What does Hamlet decide not to do in that scene?
3. At the start of Act 4, Scene 4, the audience finally sees a character that has been talked about since the start of the play. Who is this character?
4. At the end of the first act, what does Hamlet warn his friends he might do?
5. Who are the Norwegian soldiers attacking?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)