|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific thing does Hamlet determine Claudius must do before Hamlet can murder him?
(a) Commit a sin so Hamlet can send his soul to hell.
(b) Confess his crime so the world will know about his guilt.
(c) Apologize to Hamlet for killing his father.
(d) Stand trial for his crime so he can face public justice.
2. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
(a) Polonius stole from the state treasury.
(b) Claudius stole from the state treasury.
(c) Laertes seduced his wife.
(d) Claudius seduced his wife.
3. Hamlet enters about halfway through Act 3, Scene 3. When he comes in, what is Claudius doing?
(b) Talking to Polonius.
4. After the play, Claudius meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to discuss Hamlet's condition. Are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern more sympathetic to Claudius, Hamlet, or someone else?
5. What message is the Norwegian Captain supposed to deliver to Claudius in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The armies of Denmark must surrender their weapons.
(b) The armies of Norway want passage through Denmark.
(c) The armies of Norway have defeated the Poles.
(d) The armies of Norway will attack at dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking news does the ghost deliver to Hamlet in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. As Claudius speaks about his guilt in Act 3, Scene 3, what does he say about repenting?
3. After his first meeting with the ghost, what does Hamlet ask his friends to do?
4. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
5. What does Hamlet tell his friends about his meeting with the ghost?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)