|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the public explanation of the last king's death?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He died in his sleep.
(c) He was stung by a serpent.
(d) He was stabbed.
2. After the play, Claudius meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to discuss Hamlet's condition. Are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern more sympathetic to Claudius, Hamlet, or someone else?
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, what does the ghost ask Hamlet to do?
(a) Help the new king.
(b) Hire an exorcist.
(c) Have a priest pray for its soul.
(d) Get revenge.
4. What message is the Norwegian Captain supposed to deliver to Claudius in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The armies of Norway will attack at dawn.
(b) The armies of Norway have defeated the Poles.
(c) The armies of Norway want passage through Denmark.
(d) The armies of Denmark must surrender their weapons.
5. Once left alone on stage in Act 3, Scene 3, what does Cladius express guilt about?
(a) Having Hamlet killed.
(b) Marrying Gertrude.
(c) Hamlet going crazy.
(d) Killing his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hamlet's behavior during the play-within-a-play, what do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern agree to do with Hamlet?
2. Watching the troops attacking, Hamlet decides that he is less of a man than their leader. Why does he say that?
3. What are the Norwegian soldiers fighting over?
4. What other "crime" has been committed against the last king?
5. When the ghost first speaks to Hamlet, how does it describe its experience?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)