Act 1, Scene 1
1. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(a) Late at night.
(b) After dinner.
3. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are on watch.
(b) They are fighting in a battle.
(c) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
(d) They are eating a meal together.
4. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The king's advisor, Polonius.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The king who just died.
(d) The prince, Hamlet.
5. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
6. What country did the late King go to battle against?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To show him his father's ghost.
(b) To confirm what they have seen.
(c) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
(d) To cover for them while they take a break.
This section contains 6,974 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)