1. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(a) Late at night.
(b) After dinner.
3. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are on watch.
(b) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
(c) They are eating a meal together.
(d) They are fighting in a battle.
4. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The king who just died.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The prince, Hamlet.
(d) The king's advisor, Polonius.
5. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
6. What country did the late King go to battle against?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To show him his father's ghost.
(b) To cover for them while they take a break.
(c) To confirm what they have seen.
(d) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
This section contains 6,974 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)