Act 1, Scene 1
1. Where is Elsinore in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What time of day is it when the play starts?
(b) After dinner.
(d) Late at night.
3. At the start of the play, what are Francisco and Bernardo doing?
(a) They are fighting in a battle.
(b) They are getting ready to go to sleep.
(c) They are on watch.
(d) They are eating a meal together.
4. Who does the ghost in Act 1, Scene 1 look like?
(a) The prince, Hamlet.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The king who just died.
(d) The king's advisor, Polonius.
5. How many times does the ghost appear in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
6. What country did the late King go to battle against?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, why does Marcellus bring Horatio to talk to Francisco and Bernardo?
(a) To confirm what they have seen.
(b) To show him his father's ghost.
(c) To cover for them while they take a break.
(d) To tell them the latest gossip about Hamlet.
This section contains 6,974 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)