|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Hunnicut call Winfield in this section?
2. What member of the party gets extremely drunk?
3. What is the name of Winfield's friend who he has a wild night with in this section?
4. What are Suzanne and Broussard hosting in this section?
5. What does April say would happen if the Hickses knew about Winfield's lifestyle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bordreaux's plan?
2. What do Broussard and Suzanne do together on the beach?
3. What trouble is Broussard in at the police station?
4. How does Boudreaux get swamp fever in this section?
5. What problems does Wally cause at the party?
6. How are things going on between Suzanne and Broussard?
7. In what way could the relationship between Suzanne and Broussard be described as desperate?
8. What does Broussard's parole officer tell him in this section?
9. Describe the argument between Hunnicutt and Winfield in this section?
10. How does Suzanne live her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect do the following people have on Winfield's life?
3. His sister.
Essay Topic 2
What does the novel say about the pressure caused by success? Does great pressure always come with success? How could society change the pressure that comes with being successful?
Essay Topic 3
What contributes to Winfield's downfall? How could Winfield and the people around have prevented his downfall?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)