|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Winfield's sister working as in Little Rock?
2. What does Emma use to smash Winfield's jaw?
3. What drug does Winfield take on the train back to Nashville?
4. What happened to Winfield's father?
5. What character does Hunnicut call a slut?
Essay Topic 1
What does the novel say about the Sixties in southern America? How has the novel changed since the novel was published?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Winfield's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Winfield hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Winfield ideas about life?
3. How has Winfield's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)