Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Broussard to lend him money in this section?
2. What part of the quarter does Suzanne live in?
3. What does Suzanne ask Broussard to go out to get?
4. Who releases the dogs that attack Boudreaux on the slope?
5. Where do Suzanne and Broussard spend the day after their night in the hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)