|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Hunnicut call Winfield in this section?
2. What does Winfield tell the doctor is the only type of drugs he takes?
3. What does Winfield buy from the hardware store?
4. What does Boudreaux say he will do after the police give up their search?
5. Who blocks Broussard as he is turning around in the driveway?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things going on between Suzanne and Broussard?
2. How does Boudreaux feel about being free once more?
3. What problems does Wally cause at the party?
4. How does Boudreaux get swamp fever in this section?
5. What is Bordreaux's plan?
6. How does Winfield end up on the side of the railroad?
7. Describe Wally's character?
8. How does Boudreaux escape the workhouse?
9. How does the train ride to Louisiana change Winfield mindset?
10. How does Winfield describe his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the work camp teach Broussard and Boudreaux? What does what they learn say about work camps during the Sixties? How have work camps changed since then?
Essay Topic 2
What contributes to Winfield's downfall? How could Winfield and the people around have prevented his downfall?
Essay Topic 3
How did Winfield's upbringing effect him and the decisions he makes in the book? How can Winfield get over the trouble he experienced as a child?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)