|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Broussard to lend him money in this section?
2. Where is Boudreaux shot?
3. What does Suzanne do for a living?
4. What does Broussard ask Wally to come with him to buy?
5. What is Boudreaux doing in the fields when he decides to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wally's character?
2. How does the train ride to Louisiana change Winfield mindset?
3. How does Winfield spend his first afternoon in his home town?
4. How does Boudreaux get swamp fever in this section?
5. How does Boudreaux feel about being free once more?
6. How does Broussard meet Suzanne again?
7. In what way could the relationship between Suzanne and Broussard be described as desperate?
8. How does Winfield describe his family?
9. How does Broussard first date with Suzanne go?
10. How does Winfield end up on the side of the railroad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect do the following people have on Broussard's life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Winfield's upbringing effect him and the decisions he makes in the book? How can Winfield get over the trouble he experienced as a child?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of James Lee Burke's previous books and contrast it with Half of Paradise in terms of the following;
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)