|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Broussard drive to buy beer?
2. Who did Winfield write his only song for?
3. What does Winfield talk to the train man about?
4. What does the officer ask Broussard for?
5. What kind of animal do Brother Samuel and Boudreaux use to help them pull out a large stump?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Winfield having in Chapter 4?
2. How does Broussard first date with Suzanne go?
3. Describe Broussard's first morning of freedom.
4. How does Winfield spend his first evening in his hometown?
5. How is the drink effecting Broussard in this section?
6. What trouble is Broussard in at the police station?
7. In what way could the relationship between Suzanne and Broussard be described as desperate?
8. What is the parole board's verdict on Broussard?
9. How does Broussard meet Suzanne again?
10. How does Suzanne live her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What effect do the following people have on Winfield's life?
3. His sister.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)