|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boudreaux suffer from after he drinks the water?
2. Where do Suzanne and Broussard spend the day after their night in the hotel?
3. What does Suzanne fall in love with in this section?
4. What does Suzanne do for a living?
5. Why does Suzanne say she is unhappy with Broussard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does the doctor give Winfield?
2. How does Winfield spend his first afternoon in his home town?
3. How does Winfield describe his family?
4. What problems is Winfield having in Chapter 4?
5. What is Bordreaux's plan?
6. How does Broussard get into trouble in this section?
7. What is the parole board's verdict on Broussard?
8. What problems does Wally cause at the party?
9. How is the drink effecting Broussard in this section?
10. How are things going on between Suzanne and Broussard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What contributes to Winfield's downfall? How could Winfield and the people around have prevented his downfall?
Essay Topic 2
What does the work camp teach Broussard and Boudreaux? What does what they learn say about work camps during the Sixties? How have work camps changed since then?
Essay Topic 3
How did Winfield's upbringing effect him and the decisions he makes in the book? How can Winfield get over the trouble he experienced as a child?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)