|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Winfield's friend who he has a wild night with in this section?
2. Which character tries to talk sense into Winfield after Hunnicut leaves?
3. Where does Boudreaux have to dump the stumps?
4. What does Winfield tell the doctor is the only type of drugs he takes?
5. Who does Boudreaux decide against killing in the gunfight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the train ride to Louisiana change Winfield mindset?
2. How is the drink effecting Broussard in this section?
3. How does Broussard first date with Suzanne go?
4. How does Boudreaux feel about being free once more?
5. In what way could the relationship between Suzanne and Broussard be described as desperate?
6. Why does Boudreaux decide he will be safe on the slope until morning?
7. What problems is Winfield having in Chapter 4?
8. What advice does the doctor give Winfield?
9. How does Winfield spend his first afternoon in his home town?
10. How does Winfield spend his first evening in his hometown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect do the following people have on Broussard's life?
Essay Topic 2
What does the work camp teach Broussard and Boudreaux? What does what they learn say about work camps during the Sixties? How have work camps changed since then?
Essay Topic 3
How did Broussard's upbringing effect him and the decisions he makes in the book? How can Broussard get over the trouble he experienced as a child?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)