|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters in Winfield's life detest each other?
2. What character does Hunnicut call a slut?
3. What does Winfield do the day after visiting Miss Sarah's?
4. Who releases the dogs that attack Boudreaux on the slope?
5. What is the name of Winfield's friend who he has a wild night with in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Winfield describe his family?
2. How does Winfield spend his first evening in his hometown?
3. How is the drink effecting Broussard in this section?
4. What is Bordreaux's plan?
5. How did April respond to drug therapy treatment?
6. Describe Broussard's first morning of freedom.
7. How does Boudreaux feel about being free once more?
8. How does Winfield spend his first afternoon in his home town?
9. What trouble is Broussard in at the police station?
10. What advice does the doctor give Winfield?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Winfield's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Winfield hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Winfield ideas about life?
3. How has Winfield's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Broussard's upbringing effect him and the decisions he makes in the book? How can Broussard get over the trouble he experienced as a child?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)