|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Broussard to lend him money in this section?
2. What part of the quarter does Suzanne live in?
3. What does Suzanne ask Broussard to go out to get?
4. Who releases the dogs that attack Boudreaux on the slope?
5. Where do Suzanne and Broussard spend the day after their night in the hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of James Lee Burke's previous books and contrast it with Half of Paradise in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 2
What does the novel say about the pressure caused by success? Does great pressure always come with success? How could society change the pressure that comes with being successful?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)