|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hunnicut do before he leaves Winfield's room?
2. What is wrong with Broussard's license?
3. What does Broussard lie about at the police station?
4. Where does Boudreaux have to dump the stumps?
5. Who asks Broussard to lend him money in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does it take to become a successful musician in Nashville? In what way did Winfield have the character to succeed? Why isn't he able to continue his success?
Essay Topic 2
What does the novel say about the Sixties in southern America? How has the novel changed since the novel was published?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)