|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boudreaux hit Evans over the head with?
2. What is the name of the brothel Winfield visits with his friends?
3. What does the officer accuse Broussard of being?
4. Why does Wally insist on going with Broussard to buy more beer?
5. In what magazine is Wally's short story currently being considered for publication?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the parole board's verdict on Broussard?
2. How does Winfield spend his first afternoon in his home town?
3. Describe Broussard's first morning of freedom.
4. How does Boudreaux feel about being free once more?
5. How does Winfield spend his first evening in his hometown?
6. How does the train ride to Louisiana change Winfield mindset?
7. Why does Boudreaux decide he will be safe on the slope until morning?
8. How does Boudreaux get swamp fever in this section?
9. How are things going on between Suzanne and Broussard?
10. How does Boudreaux die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
What would have happened to Boudreaux if he didn't take the job at the Bonhan Shippng Company? How does the work camp change Boudreaux?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of James Lee Burke's previous books and contrast it with Half of Paradise in terms of the following;
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)