|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only place open in the town late at night?
2. What does Winfield do the day after visiting Miss Sarah's?
3. What do Suzanne and Broussard drink on the beach?
4. In what magazine is Wally's short story currently being considered for publication?
5. What does Broussard miss a sign for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bordreaux's plan?
2. How did April respond to drug therapy treatment?
3. How does Boudreaux escape the workhouse?
4. How does Winfield describe his family?
5. What problems does Wally cause at the party?
6. How does Suzanne live her life?
7. How does Winfield end up on the side of the railroad?
8. Why does Boudreaux decide he will be safe on the slope until morning?
9. What do Broussard and Suzanne do together on the beach?
10. How does Broussard first date with Suzanne go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How did Winfield's upbringing effect him and the decisions he makes in the book? How can Winfield get over the trouble he experienced as a child?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of James Lee Burke's previous books and contrast it with Half of Paradise in terms of the following;
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)