|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Broussard and Suzanne so keen to get away for the night?
2. Where does Broussard drive to buy beer?
3. What does Suzanne ask Broussard to go out to get?
4. What drug does Winfield take on the train back to Nashville?
5. Who releases the dogs that attack Boudreaux on the slope?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boudreaux feel about being free once more?
2. How does Suzanne live her life?
3. What trouble is Broussard in at the police station?
4. Describe the argument between Hunnicutt and Winfield in this section?
5. How does the train ride to Louisiana change Winfield mindset?
6. What advice does the doctor give Winfield?
7. How does Broussard first date with Suzanne go?
8. How did April respond to drug therapy treatment?
9. Describe Broussard's first morning of freedom.
10. In what way could the relationship between Suzanne and Broussard be described as desperate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What contributes to Winfield's downfall? How could Winfield and the people around have prevented his downfall?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)