|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Winfield's mother die of?
2. Who releases the dogs that attack Boudreaux on the slope?
3. What is the title of Book III?
4. What is the name of the brothel Winfield visits with his friends?
5. What happened to Winfield's father?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of James Lee Burke's previous books and contrast it with Half of Paradise in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 2
What effect do the following people have on Broussard's life?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)