|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Winfield return to in this section?
2. What kind of show does Winfield appear on daily?
3. Where has LeBlanc been locked up according to Broussard?
4. What is the only thing of value that Winfield owns?
5. What is Broussard found guilty of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boudreaux get work at the Bonham Shipping Company?
2. Describe the days leading up to Winfield and April's marriage?
3. Why is Lathrop intentions in New Orleans at the beginning of this section?
4. Why is Boudreau so uncomfortable on his first shift at Bonham Shipping Company?
5. How is Avey eventually caught?
6. How does Boudreaux's fight with Pepponi almost ruin his fighting career?
7. Why does Hunnicut wnat Winfield to come back to Louisiana?
8. How is Winfield acting in this section?
9. Why does Avery say he is running moonshine?
10. How is Winfield trying to change his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Winfield's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Winfield hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Winfield ideas about life?
3. How has Winfield's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What does the work camp teach Broussard and Boudreaux? What does what they learn say about work camps during the Sixties? How have work camps changed since then?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)