|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boudreaux's first name?
2. In what month do they begin cutting the cane?
3. How has Gerard died?
4. What is the name of the place LeBlanc has been forced to stay the night?
5. What is Live-Again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Boudreaux caught by the police?
2. What problems do Tereau and Avery get into as soon as LeBlanc and Gerard leave?
3. How does Broussard try to convince Benoit to sell him the knife?
4. What is Brother Samuel's view on Billy Jo?
5. What happens to Gerard and LeBlanc?
6. How do the men try to get at Rainack as they wait in the rain?
7. What is wrong with the water the guards give the prisoners?
8. Why does Avery say he is running moonshine?
9. Why is Daddy Claxton worried about the rain?
10. How is Avey eventually caught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect do the following people have on Broussard's life?
Essay Topic 2
What contributes to Winfield's downfall? How could Winfield and the people around have prevented his downfall?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Winfield's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Winfield hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Winfield ideas about life?
3. How has Winfield's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)