|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can Boudreaux find a map?
2. Who does Boudreaux begin working for in this section?
3. Who was believed to have killed the Spaniard who killed Avery's great grandfather?
4. What does Tereau sell?
5. What two prisoners are missing at the end of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Winfield cope in his interview?
2. Describe the argument between Hunnicutt and Winfield in this section?
3. How does April put Winfield into a drug stupor in this section?
4. Why does Boudreaux decide he will be safe on the slope until morning?
5. How does April respond to Winfield's anger the following morning?
6. How does the train ride to Louisiana change Winfield mindset?
7. What problems is Winfield having in Chapter 4?
8. In what way could the relationship between Suzanne and Broussard be described as desperate?
9. Describe Wally's character?
10. How is the drink effecting Broussard in this section?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
What does the novel say about the pressure caused by success? Does great pressure always come with success? How could society change the pressure that comes with being successful?
Essay Topic 3
How did Broussard's upbringing effect him and the decisions he makes in the book? How can Broussard get over the trouble he experienced as a child?
This section contains 1,467 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)