|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will Avery wait for at the tree?
2. What is Broussard found guilty of?
3. Where does the parole board meet?
4. What does Evans force the prisoners to look at?
5. What other prisoner will also be eligible for parole?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Avery's father worry about him so much?
2. How does LeBlanc take to prison life?
3. How does Suzanne live her life?
4. Describe Broussard's first morning of freedom.
5. How does Hunnicut persuade Winfield to write a song for Lathrop's campaign?
6. Why is Boudreau so uncomfortable on his first shift at Bonham Shipping Company?
7. How is Winfield trying to change his life?
8. Why do the guards haul away Le Blanc at the end of this section?
9. Describe the argument between Hunnicutt and Winfield in this section?
10. How does Broussard meet Suzanne again?
Essay Topic 1
What does the work camp teach Broussard and Boudreaux? What does what they learn say about work camps during the Sixties? How have work camps changed since then?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What would have happened to Boudreaux if he didn't take the job at the Bonhan Shippng Company? How does the work camp change Boudreaux?
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)