|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Winfield abandon April to find?
2. What does Lathrop want Winfield to do for him?
3. How does April administer cocaine to Winfield in this section?
4. Where has LeBlanc been locked up according to Broussard?
5. How does Broussard get to the main road?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Winfield cope in his interview?
2. What is Brother Samuel's view on Billy Jo?
3. How does Boudreaux's fight with Pepponi almost ruin his fighting career?
4. How does April put Winfield into a drug stupor in this section?
5. Describe the days leading up to Winfield and April's marriage?
6. What happens to Gerard and LeBlanc?
7. Why are Briussard and Boudreaux so worried about LeBlanc?
8. What problems do Broussard and LeBlanc face at the beginning of this section?
9. Why is Boudreau so uncomfortable on his first shift at Bonham Shipping Company?
10. What problems do Tereau and Avery get into as soon as LeBlanc and Gerard leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the novel say about the pressure caused by success? Does great pressure always come with success? How could society change the pressure that comes with being successful?
Essay Topic 2
What reasons does the novel give for Winfield's addictive personality? Is it a good representation of a drug addict? Do you think he could have succeeded without the drugs?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)