|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of Avery's grandfather's deafness?
2. How did Avery's grandfather die?
3. What is Broussard found guilty of?
4. What does Seth tell Winfield about Elgin in this section?
5. Who does Broussard say Le Blanc is planning to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wally's character?
2. Why does Avery's father worry about him so much?
3. How does Winfield end up on the side of the railroad?
4. How does Winfield start his addiction to drugs in this section?
5. How is Boudreaux caught by the police?
6. How is Avey eventually caught?
7. What does Broussard's parole officer tell him in this section?
8. What is the parole board's verdict on Broussard?
9. How does Winfield's performance go down at the end of this section?
10. How is the drink effecting Broussard in this section?
Essay Topic 1
How did Winfield's upbringing effect him and the decisions he makes in the book? How can Winfield get over the trouble he experienced as a child?
Essay Topic 2
What does the work camp teach Broussard and Boudreaux? What does what they learn say about work camps during the Sixties? How have work camps changed since then?
Essay Topic 3
What contributes to Winfield's downfall? How could Winfield and the people around have prevented his downfall?
This section contains 1,502 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)