|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Broussard at the beginning of Book II?
2. What does Brother Samuel say Billy Jo has on his hand?
3. How does April administer cocaine to Winfield in this section?
4. How does Hunnicut say Lathrop has helped Winfield?
5. Why is it likely Broussard wil be the only person who gets to leave the gang of five?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do Tereau and Avery get into as soon as LeBlanc and Gerard leave?
2. How does April respond to Winfield's anger the following morning?
3. Why is Lathrop intentions in New Orleans at the beginning of this section?
4. How does Boudreaux's fight with Pepponi almost ruin his fighting career?
5. How does Boudreaux get work at the Bonham Shipping Company?
6. How does Winfield cope in his interview?
7. How do the men try to get at Rainack as they wait in the rain?
8. Why are Briussard and Boudreaux so worried about LeBlanc?
9. What problems do Broussard and LeBlanc face at the beginning of this section?
10. Why does Avery's father worry about him so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What does the novel say about the Sixties in southern America? How has the novel changed since the novel was published?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)