|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tereau sell?
2. What other prisoner will also be eligible for parole?
3. How does LeBlanc try to kill Evans?
4. What famous outlaw did Big Daddy know?
5. What is Live-Again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Briussard and Boudreaux so worried about LeBlanc?
2. What is wrong with the water the guards give the prisoners?
3. How does Winfield start his addiction to drugs in this section?
4. What does Winfield find out about Troy in this section?
5. How does Boudreaux get work at the Bonham Shipping Company?
6. How do the men try to get at Rainack as they wait in the rain?
7. How does Hunnicut persuade Winfield to write a song for Lathrop's campaign?
8. Why do the guards haul away Le Blanc at the end of this section?
9. What problems do Tereau and Avery get into as soon as LeBlanc and Gerard leave?
10. Why does Avery's father worry about him so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What contributes to Winfield's downfall? How could Winfield and the people around have prevented his downfall?
Essay Topic 2
What would have happened to Boudreaux if he didn't take the job at the Bonhan Shippng Company? How does the work camp change Boudreaux?
Essay Topic 3
What reasons does the novel give for Winfield's addictive personality? Is it a good representation of a drug addict? Do you think he could have succeeded without the drugs?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)