|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prisoner who almost beats LeBlanc to death?
2. Why is it likely Broussard wil be the only person who gets to leave the gang of five?
3. What is Bourdeaux in detention for in this section?
4. Why does April say Winfield should be nice to her?
5. What drug does April introduce Winfield to in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Avery's father worry about him so much?
2. Why is Lathrop intentions in New Orleans at the beginning of this section?
3. How does Broussard try to convince Benoit to sell him the knife?
4. How does Hunnicut persuade Winfield to write a song for Lathrop's campaign?
5. What is Brother Samuel's view on Billy Jo?
6. How is Avey eventually caught?
7. How does Winfield start his addiction to drugs in this section?
8. What problems do Broussard and LeBlanc face at the beginning of this section?
9. How does Boudreaux's fight with Pepponi almost ruin his fighting career?
10. Why are Briussard and Boudreaux so worried about LeBlanc?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect do the following people have on Winfield's life?
3. His sister.
Essay Topic 2
How did Broussard's upbringing effect him and the decisions he makes in the book? How can Broussard get over the trouble he experienced as a child?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)