|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Broussard work as on the pipeline?
2. What does Avery buy to drink on the way home?
3. Why does LeBlanc enjoy tormenting Evans?
4. Why have no reports ever been filed on the people in gang five?
5. How does Hunnicut say Lathrop has helped Winfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does April put Winfield into a drug stupor in this section?
2. How do the men try to get at Rainack as they wait in the rain?
3. How is Winfield acting in this section?
4. Why is Lathrop intentions in New Orleans at the beginning of this section?
5. What problems do Tereau and Avery get into as soon as LeBlanc and Gerard leave?
6. What is Brother Samuel's view on Billy Jo?
7. What does Winfield find out about Troy in this section?
8. How does April respond to Winfield's anger the following morning?
9. How does Boudreaux's fight with Pepponi almost ruin his fighting career?
10. Why is Daddy Claxton worried about the rain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What does the novel say about the Sixties in southern America? How has the novel changed since the novel was published?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)