|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does April introduce Winfield to in this section?
2. Why is it likely Broussard wil be the only person who gets to leave the gang of five?
3. What does Lathrop say he will keep giving people until they vote for him?
4. What does Avery's father die of?
5. How does LeBlanc try to kill Evans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the days leading up to Winfield and April's marriage?
2. How does Broussard try to convince Benoit to sell him the knife?
3. How is Boudreaux caught by the police?
4. How is Winfield acting in this section?
5. How do the men try to get at Rainack as they wait in the rain?
6. How did Avery's great grandfather's servant revenge his master's death?
7. Why is Daddy Claxton worried about the rain?
8. Why is Lathrop intentions in New Orleans at the beginning of this section?
9. What is Brother Samuel's view on Billy Jo?
10. How is Winfield trying to change his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What reasons does the novel give for Winfield's addictive personality? Is it a good representation of a drug addict? Do you think he could have succeeded without the drugs?
Essay Topic 2
What would have happened to Boudreaux if he didn't take the job at the Bonhan Shippng Company? How does the work camp change Boudreaux?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of James Lee Burke's previous books and contrast it with Half of Paradise in terms of the following;
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)