|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place LeBlanc has been forced to stay the night?
2. What does Avery's father die of?
3. How does Billy Jo die?
4. Who will Avery wait for at the tree?
5. What famous outlaw did Big Daddy know?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hunnicut persuade Winfield to write a song for Lathrop's campaign?
2. How does Winfield's performance go down at the end of this section?
3. How does Boudreaux's fight with Pepponi almost ruin his fighting career?
4. How does Winfield start his addiction to drugs in this section?
5. How is Winfield acting in this section?
6. Why does Avery's father worry about him so much?
7. In what way could the relationship between Suzanne and Broussard be described as desperate?
8. How does Boudreaux feel about being free once more?
9. What problems does Wally cause at the party?
10. How does Broussard try to convince Benoit to sell him the knife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the novel say about the Sixties in southern America? How has the novel changed since the novel was published?
Essay Topic 2
What does it take to become a successful musician in Nashville? In what way did Winfield have the character to succeed? Why isn't he able to continue his success?
Essay Topic 3
What contributes to Winfield's downfall? How could Winfield and the people around have prevented his downfall?
This section contains 1,460 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)