|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lathrop say he will keep giving people until they vote for him?
2. What is the title of the first section?
3. How does Billy Jo die?
4. What does Seth tell Winfield about Elgin in this section?
5. What does Elgin say the drugs will do for Winfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Avery's father worry about him so much?
2. What does Winfield find out about Troy in this section?
3. How is Winfield acting in this section?
4. Describe the days leading up to Winfield and April's marriage?
5. How does Broussard try to convince Benoit to sell him the knife?
6. How does Winfield start his addiction to drugs in this section?
7. How does LeBlanc take to prison life?
8. What is Brother Samuel's view on Billy Jo?
9. Why is Boudreau so uncomfortable on his first shift at Bonham Shipping Company?
10. How is Boudreaux caught by the police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What contributes to Winfield's downfall? How could Winfield and the people around have prevented his downfall?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What reasons does the novel give for Winfield's addictive personality? Is it a good representation of a drug addict? Do you think he could have succeeded without the drugs?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)