|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the back of the trucks?
2. Why does LeBlanc think it doesn't matter what Evans thinks?
3. What advice does Boudreaux give Broussard in this section?
4. Who does LeBlank demand that Rainack put on the bus?
5. Why does LeBlanc enjoy tormenting Evans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Gerard and LeBlanc?
2. How is Boudreaux caught by the police?
3. Why does Hunnicut wnat Winfield to come back to Louisiana?
4. How does Winfield cope in his interview?
5. What does Winfield find out about Troy in this section?
6. How does Boudreaux get work at the Bonham Shipping Company?
7. What problems do Broussard and LeBlanc face at the beginning of this section?
8. How does April respond to Winfield's anger the following morning?
9. Why is Boudreau so uncomfortable on his first shift at Bonham Shipping Company?
10. How is Avey eventually caught?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the work camp teach Broussard and Boudreaux? What does what they learn say about work camps during the Sixties? How have work camps changed since then?
Essay Topic 2
What does the novel say about the pressure caused by success? Does great pressure always come with success? How could society change the pressure that comes with being successful?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)