Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avery buy to drink on the way home?
2. How does Hunnicut say Lathrop has helped Winfield?
3. What does Winfield abandon April to find?
4. What are Terau and Avery waiting for?
5. What advice does Boudreaux give Broussard in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hunnicut persuade Winfield to write a song for Lathrop's campaign?
2. Describe Wally's character?
3. How did April respond to drug therapy treatment?
4. What problems do Tereau and Avery get into as soon as LeBlanc and Gerard leave?
5. How does Winfield describe his family?
6. How do the men try to get at Rainack as they wait in the rain?
7. What happens to Gerard and LeBlanc?
8. Why is Boudreau so uncomfortable on his first shift at Bonham Shipping Company?
9. Why does Avery say he is running moonshine?
10. How is Winfield trying to change his life?
What effect do the following people have on Winfield's life?
3. His sister.
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Compare Winfield's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Winfield hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Winfield ideas about life?
3. How has Winfield's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)