|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who has just joined gang five?
2. What is Live-Again?
3. What kind of disease does Hunnicott say Troy has?
4. What does Boudreaux have a gift for?
5. What kind of ward has Try been put into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Avey eventually caught?
2. What is Brother Samuel's view on Billy Jo?
3. Why do the guards haul away Le Blanc at the end of this section?
4. Why does Avery say he is running moonshine?
5. How does Boudreaux get work at the Bonham Shipping Company?
6. How does Broussard try to convince Benoit to sell him the knife?
7. How does Hunnicut persuade Winfield to write a song for Lathrop's campaign?
8. What happens to Gerard and LeBlanc?
9. Why are Briussard and Boudreaux so worried about LeBlanc?
10. How does April put Winfield into a drug stupor in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does it take to become a successful musician in Nashville? In what way did Winfield have the character to succeed? Why isn't he able to continue his success?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What does the work camp teach Broussard and Boudreaux? What does what they learn say about work camps during the Sixties? How have work camps changed since then?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)