Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Avery's grandfather die?
2. What does Evans force the prisoners to look at?
3. Who does Broussard think Benoit is going to give his knife to?
4. What does Broussard drink while he waits to be picked up?
5. Why does Winfield want to write a song for Lathrop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Broussard and Suzanne do together on the beach?
2. What problems is Winfield having in Chapter 4?
3. How does LeBlanc take to prison life?
4. How is Winfield trying to change his life?
5. How does Winfield spend his first evening in his hometown?
6. What is Bordreaux's plan?
7. How is Avey eventually caught?
8. How does Boudreaux die?
9. What trouble is Broussard in at the police station?
10. How does Winfield end up on the side of the railroad?
What contributes to Winfield's downfall? How could Winfield and the people around have prevented his downfall?
What effect do the following people have on Winfield's life?
3. His sister.
What does the novel say about the pressure caused by success? Does great pressure always come with success? How could society change the pressure that comes with being successful?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)