|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what magazine is Wally's short story currently being considered for publication?
(b) Deep Blue Sea.
(c) The Weird Magazine.
(d) Atlantic Monthly.
2. Who calls an ambulance for Winfield?
(b) A doctor.
(c) A taxi driver.
3. What does Broussard stop on the way home to do?
(a) Get a new suit and some cigarettes.
(b) Get some butcher meat and some potatoes.
(c) Get a haircut and some red wine.
(d) Get a newspaper and some charcoal.
4. Why was Winfield's brother murdered?
(a) He refused to sell his farm.
(b) He robbed a bank.
(c) He killed a servant.
(d) He has an affair with a black woman.
5. What does the officer ask Broussard for?
(a) His passport.
(b) His registration card.
(c) His social security number.
(d) His license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major problems does the doctor find Winfield has with his heart?
2. Why does Winfield say he wants Hunnicut out of his room?
3. What does the officer accuse Broussard of being?
4. What does Suzanne do for a living?
5. What does Broussard's parole officer claim will happen if Broussard does not provide a letter of employment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Broussard first date with Suzanne go?
2. How does Boudreaux feel about being free once more?
3. How does Broussard meet Suzanne again?
4. What problems does Wally cause at the party?
5. How does Boudreaux get swamp fever in this section?
6. How does Winfield spend his first afternoon in his home town?
7. How does Broussard get into trouble in this section?
8. How did April respond to drug therapy treatment?
9. How is the drink effecting Broussard in this section?
10. How does Boudreaux die?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)