|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Broussard's parole officer claim will happen if Broussard does not provide a letter of employment?
(a) He will be immediately sent back to prison.
(b) He will be put into a halfway house.
(c) He will be fined.
(d) His case will lbe brought forward for review.
2. What did Winfield's mother die of?
(c) Small pox.
3. Why does Hunnicut say Winfield will find it difficult to get a job in Nashville?
(a) He will put around a bad word.
(b) He is too old.
(c) No one hires junkies.
(d) Word about bad performances spread quickly.
4. In what magazine is Wally's short story currently being considered for publication?
(a) The Weird Magazine.
(c) Deep Blue Sea.
(d) Atlantic Monthly.
5. Where does Winfield go for a drink in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Winfield say he wants Hunnicut out of his room?
2. Which two characters in Winfield's life detest each other?
3. What are Suzanne and Broussard hosting in this section?
4. What does Boudreaux want to wait to darkness to do?
5. What does the cook fry Winfield's fish in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the argument between Hunnicutt and Winfield in this section?
2. How does Suzanne live her life?
3. How did April respond to drug therapy treatment?
4. What does Broussard's parole officer tell him in this section?
5. How is the drink effecting Broussard in this section?
6. What trouble is Broussard in at the police station?
7. What do Broussard and Suzanne do together on the beach?
8. How does Winfield spend his first afternoon in his home town?
9. In what way could the relationship between Suzanne and Broussard be described as desperate?
10. What problems is Winfield having in Chapter 4?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)