|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Broussard stop on the way home to do?
(a) Get some butcher meat and some potatoes.
(b) Get a new suit and some cigarettes.
(c) Get a newspaper and some charcoal.
(d) Get a haircut and some red wine.
2. Where do Suzanne and Broussard agree to meet the next night?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The shopping mall.
3. What does Suzanne do for a living?
(a) She's a journalist.
(b) She's an artist.
(c) She's a writer.
(d) She's an actor.
4. What happened to Winfield's father?
(a) He died.
(b) He was put in prison.
(c) He runaway.
(d) He moved to New York City.
5. What name does Hunnicut call Winfield in this section?
(b) A sly dog.
(c) Hop head.
(d) Mop head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Winfield take on the train back to Nashville?
2. Which character tries to talk sense into Winfield after Hunnicut leaves?
3. Where does Boudreaux have to dump the stumps?
4. Why does the doctor tell Winfield he needs to give up stimulants?
5. What does Suzanne ask Broussard to go out to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Winfield having in Chapter 4?
2. How does Suzanne live her life?
3. In what way could the relationship between Suzanne and Broussard be described as desperate?
4. How does Boudreaux escape the workhouse?
5. How does Broussard meet Suzanne again?
6. How does Winfield end up on the side of the railroad?
7. How does Winfield describe his family?
8. How does Boudreaux get swamp fever in this section?
9. What is the parole board's verdict on Broussard?
10. How does Winfield spend his first afternoon in his home town?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)