|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Avery's grandfather die?
(a) In a duel.
(b) During the Civil War.
(c) In an oil explosion.
(d) In a car accident.
2. How does April administer cocaine to Winfield in this section?
(a) She puts it in his drink.
(b) She injects it into him.
(c) She pours it down his mouth.
(d) She puts it in his food.
3. How does Hunnicut say Lathrop has helped Winfield?
(a) He helped him get a record deal.
(b) He introduced him to Elgin.
(c) He helped him find his apartment.
(d) He helped him get his radio show.
4. What city does Winfield return to in this section?
(a) New York.
(b) New Orleans.
5. What does Avery's father say one should always seek when associating with people?
(a) A good mix.
(b) The most important people.
(c) One's own level.
(d) The quiet people in the corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Broussard drink while he waits to be picked up?
2. What has Le Blanc been sentenced to an extra seven years for?
3. What does Broussard want to purchase from Benoit?
4. What was the cause of Avery's grandfather's deafness?
5. Why is it likely Broussard wil be the only person who gets to leave the gang of five?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does LeBlanc take to prison life?
2. How is Boudreaux caught by the police?
3. How does April respond to Winfield's anger the following morning?
4. How did Avery's great grandfather's servant revenge his master's death?
5. How does Hunnicut persuade Winfield to write a song for Lathrop's campaign?
6. How does Broussard try to convince Benoit to sell him the knife?
7. How does Winfield start his addiction to drugs in this section?
8. Why are Briussard and Boudreaux so worried about LeBlanc?
9. How is Winfield trying to change his life?
10. Why do the guards haul away Le Blanc at the end of this section?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)