|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Avery's great grandfather and his negro servant build?
(a) A brewery.
(b) A cotton plantation.
(c) A housing estate.
(d) A sugarcane plantation.
2. Why does Hunnicut want Winfield to return to Louisiana?
(a) To help him move house.
(b) To play for the President.
(c) To campaign for Lathrop.
(d) To promote his business.
3. What does Seth tell Winfield about Elgin in this section?
(a) He's a quack.
(b) He's a former drug addict.
(c) He's a homosexual.
(d) He's an undercover cop.
4. What advice does Boudreaux give Broussard in this section?
(a) How to talk to the guards and still get what you want.
(b) How to work a pick without getting exhausted.
(c) How to find a woman in jail.
(d) How to rest without the guards seeing you.
5. How did Avery's grandfather die?
(a) During the Civil War.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In a duel.
(d) In an oil explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boudreaux's first name?
2. How has Gerard died?
3. How does LeBlanc try to kill Evans?
4. Where does Boudreaux find a job after he breaks his hand?
5. What famous outlaw did Big Daddy know?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Winfield start his addiction to drugs in this section?
2. Why is Lathrop intentions in New Orleans at the beginning of this section?
3. Why does Avery's father worry about him so much?
4. Why are Briussard and Boudreaux so worried about LeBlanc?
5. How did Avery's great grandfather's servant revenge his master's death?
6. What is wrong with the water the guards give the prisoners?
7. How does Winfield cope in his interview?
8. How is Winfield trying to change his life?
9. How does April respond to Winfield's anger the following morning?
10. What problems do Tereau and Avery get into as soon as LeBlanc and Gerard leave?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)