|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzanne confess to Broussard?
(a) She has always belonged to him.
(b) She bore his child.
(c) She sleeps around.
(d) She has never finished a painting.
2. What is Broussard charged with?
(a) Drunk driving.
(c) Witholding information.
(d) Abusive behavior.
3. What does Suzanne fall in love with in this section?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A dog.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A horse.
4. Who blocks Broussard as he is turning around in the driveway?
(a) The homeowner.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The fire brigade.
(d) The guardian angels.
5. What does Winfield play with his friends at the pool hall?
6. What is Boudreaux doing in the fields when he decides to escape?
(a) Clearing the stumps.
(b) Clearing branches.
(c) Digging for coal.
(d) Digging ditches.
7. Why was Winfield's brother murdered?
(a) He has an affair with a black woman.
(b) He killed a servant.
(c) He refused to sell his farm.
(d) He robbed a bank.
8. What does Suzanne do for a living?
(a) She's an artist.
(b) She's a journalist.
(c) She's an actor.
(d) She's a writer.
9. What does Broussard stop on the way home to do?
(a) Get a haircut and some red wine.
(b) Get a new suit and some cigarettes.
(c) Get some butcher meat and some potatoes.
(d) Get a newspaper and some charcoal.
10. Why does Boudreaux decide against killing Evans?
(a) He has already been hit.
(b) He has a young family.
(c) There will always be another like him.
(d) He has the character to redeem himself.
11. Who raised Winfield and his sister?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His uncle.
12. Why does Winfield say he needs drugs?
(a) To enjoy women.
(b) To stop him thinking of the past.
(c) To help him relax.
(d) To help him in his career.
13. Who does Boudreaux decide against killing in the gunfight?
14. What are Suzanne and Broussard hosting in this section?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A barbecue.
(c) A picnic.
(d) An Easter egg hunt.
15. How do the crowd react to Winfield's performance?
(a) They invade the stage.
(b) They spit at him.
(c) They boo him off.
(d) They throw bottles at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the quarter does Suzanne live in?
2. What does Winfield talk to the train man about?
3. What does Boudreaux suffer from after he drinks the water?
4. Why does Winfield resign himself to his drug addiction?
5. Why are Broussard and Suzanne so keen to get away for the night?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)