|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Winfield go for a drink in this section?
2. Why are Broussard and Suzanne so keen to get away for the night?
(a) They want to see the latest French film.
(b) They haven't been together for four days.
(c) They want to get married in secret.
(d) They have to meet Suzanne's parents.
3. What major problems does the doctor find Winfield has with his heart?
(a) A shriveled liver.
(b) A burst varicose vein.
(c) Two ruptured chambers.
(d) A collapsed lung.
4. What does Boudreaux feel like he has twisted in his gut?
5. What does the officer ask Broussard for?
(a) His passport.
(b) His registration card.
(c) His license.
(d) His social security number.
6. What does Broussard's parole officer tell Broussard he needs proof of?
(b) Place of birth.
7. Who does Boudreaux decide against killing in the gunfight?
8. Where does Winfield run into some old friends?
(a) The fishery.
(b) The pool hall.
(c) The barbershop.
(d) The grocer's.
9. What does Suzanne confess to Broussard?
(a) She has never finished a painting.
(b) She sleeps around.
(c) She has always belonged to him.
(d) She bore his child.
10. Why was Winfield's brother murdered?
(a) He refused to sell his farm.
(b) He killed a servant.
(c) He has an affair with a black woman.
(d) He robbed a bank.
11. What does Emma use to smash Winfield's jaw?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A club.
(c) A rock.
(d) A brick.
12. Who releases the dogs that attack Boudreaux on the slope?
13. Who is the only guard in the area when Boudreaux decides to escape?
14. Who asks Broussard to lend him money in this section?
15. Which character tries to talk sense into Winfield after Hunnicut leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters in Winfield's life detest each other?
2. Where does the brothel security guard leave WInfield?
3. Who raised Winfield and his sister?
4. What part of the quarter does Suzanne live in?
5. What does April say would happen if the Hickses knew about Winfield's lifestyle?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)