|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Hunnicut call Winfield in this section?
(a) Hop head.
(b) A sly dog.
(c) Mop head.
2. How do the crowd react to Winfield's performance?
(a) They throw bottles at him.
(b) They spit at him.
(c) They boo him off.
(d) They invade the stage.
3. What is Boudreaux doing in the fields when he decides to escape?
(a) Clearing the stumps.
(b) Clearing branches.
(c) Digging for coal.
(d) Digging ditches.
4. Who did Winfield write his only song for?
(a) His mother.
5. What is Broussard charged with?
(a) Witholding information.
(b) Abusive behavior.
(d) Drunk driving.
6. Where is Boudreaux's family?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New Orleans.
7. Why does Hunnicut say Winfield will find it difficult to get a job in Nashville?
(a) He will put around a bad word.
(b) Word about bad performances spread quickly.
(c) No one hires junkies.
(d) He is too old.
8. What does Winfield tell the doctor is the only type of drugs he takes?
9. What does Broussard's parole officer claim will happen if Broussard does not provide a letter of employment?
(a) He will be fined.
(b) His case will lbe brought forward for review.
(c) He will be immediately sent back to prison.
(d) He will be put into a halfway house.
10. Where does Winfield take a train to?
(d) New York.
11. What drug does Winfield take on the train back to Nashville?
12. What is the title of Book III?
(a) The Silly Man Who Laughs at Nothing.
(b) When the Sun Begins to Shine.
(c) Funny Turns During Funny Times.
(d) When People Stop Talking.
13. What does Suzanne fall in love with in this section?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A monkey.
14. Why does Wally insist on going with Broussard to buy more beer?
(a) He wants Broussard to drop him at the bus station.
(b) Broussard needs directions.
(c) He is on his last nerve.
(d) Broussard needs company.
15. What does Boudreaux hit Evans over the head with?
(a) An ax.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A brick.
(d) A limb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April say would happen if the Hickses knew about Winfield's lifestyle?
2. Why does Winfield say he wants Hunnicut out of his room?
3. Which character tries to talk sense into Winfield after Hunnicut leaves?
4. What does Suzanne do for a living?
5. What does Winfield buy from the hardware store?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)