|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seth talk to Winfield about to get him excited about Lathrop's election win?
(a) Computer games and baseball.
(b) Bonuses and prostitutes.
(c) Marriage and traveling.
(d) Drugs and music.
2. What does Broussard miss a sign for?
(a) To stop.
(b) A one way street.
(c) A sharp bend.
(d) To slow down.
3. What does Suzanne confess to Broussard?
(a) She sleeps around.
(b) She bore his child.
(c) She has always belonged to him.
(d) She has never finished a painting.
4. What is the name of Suzanne's flatmate?
5. Why does Hunnicut say Winfield will find it difficult to get a job in Nashville?
(a) No one hires junkies.
(b) He will put around a bad word.
(c) He is too old.
(d) Word about bad performances spread quickly.
6. Who does Boudreaux decide against killing in the gunfight?
7. What does Broussard think will now happen to him now he has been charged?
(a) Suzanne will ask him to leave.
(b) He will be sent back to the work camp.
(c) He will be fired from his job.
(d) He will become an alcoholic.
8. Which two people does Hunnicut say have made Lathrop's career?
(a) Troy and Hunnicut.
(b) David and Seth.
(c) April and Seth.
(d) Hunnicut and Lathrop.
9. Where do Suzanne and Broussard spend the day after their night in the hotel?
(a) The park.
(b) The shopping center.
(c) The beach.
(d) The forest.
10. What does Boudreaux feel like he has twisted in his gut?
11. Who asks Broussard to lend him money in this section?
12. What is Winfield's sister working as in Little Rock?
(a) A journalist.
(b) A barmaid.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A cleaner.
13. What drug does Winfield take on the train back to Nashville?
14. What wakes Boudreaux up the next day?
(a) A cockerel.
(c) Barking dogs.
(d) A hunting party.
15. What does Winfield talk to the train man about?
(a) Money and drugs.
(b) Baseball and writing.
(c) Computers and literature.
(d) Travel and music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Winfield write his only song for?
2. Why does Winfield resign himself to his drug addiction?
3. What happened to Winfield's father?
4. What does Winfield buy from the hardware store?
5. What character does Hunnicut call a slut?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)