|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Boudreaux decide against killing in the gunfight?
2. Which character tries to talk sense into Winfield after Hunnicut leaves?
3. What does Winfield buy from the hardware store?
(a) A newspaper and a rope.
(b) Bait and tackle.
(c) A camp fire and some cutlery.
(d) A fishing rod and a tent.
4. What does Winfield talk to the train man about?
(a) Money and drugs.
(b) Computers and literature.
(c) Travel and music.
(d) Baseball and writing.
5. Who calls an ambulance for Winfield?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A taxi driver.
6. Who releases the dogs that attack Boudreaux on the slope?
7. Why does Suzanne call herself a degenerate?
(a) She hasn't slept for two days.
(b) She does nothing but party.
(c) She enjoys drugs.
(d) She has a huge appetite for sex.
8. What is Winfield's sister working as in Little Rock?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A cleaner.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A barmaid.
9. Why does Winfield say he needs drugs?
(a) To stop him thinking of the past.
(b) To enjoy women.
(c) To help him relax.
(d) To help him in his career.
10. Where does Winfield take a train to?
(d) New York.
11. What does Boudreaux say he will do after the police give up their search?
(a) Leave the state.
(b) Find a steady job.
(c) Join a boxing club.
(d) Marry a good woman.
12. What kind of treatment was April given at the hospital?
(a) Shock treatment.
(b) Psychiartry treatment.
(c) Primal treatment.
(d) Drug treatment.
13. Where does the brothel security guard leave WInfield?
(a) At the railroad station.
(b) At the jailhouse.
(c) In the graveyard.
(d) At the railroad tracks.
14. Why was Winfield's brother murdered?
(a) He has an affair with a black woman.
(b) He robbed a bank.
(c) He killed a servant.
(d) He refused to sell his farm.
15. Where is Boudreaux's family?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma use to smash Winfield's jaw?
2. What does Broussard think will now happen to him now he has been charged?
3. What does Broussard's parole officer claim will happen if Broussard does not provide a letter of employment?
4. Who did Winfield write his only song for?
5. What does the officer accuse Broussard of being?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)