|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Boudreaux have to dump the stumps?
(a) On a fire.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In a pit.
(d) In a shed.
2. What does Winfield do the day after visiting Miss Sarah's?
(b) Plays craps.
(c) Plays pool.
3. Whose drug treatment does Winfield recall?
(d) His sister's.
4. Why was Winfield's brother murdered?
(a) He killed a servant.
(b) He has an affair with a black woman.
(c) He robbed a bank.
(d) He refused to sell his farm.
5. What kind of animals is Boudreaux forced to kill in this section?
6. What does April say would happen if the Hickses knew about Winfield's lifestyle?
(a) They would assassinate him.
(b) His career would be over.
(c) They would run him out of town.
(d) They would put him in a mental hospital.
7. What does Winfield talk to the train man about?
(a) Computers and literature.
(b) Travel and music.
(c) Money and drugs.
(d) Baseball and writing.
8. What does Boudreaux hit Evans over the head with?
(a) A brick.
(b) A limb.
(c) An ax.
(d) A hammer.
9. What does Wally always want to talk to Broussard about?
(b) Interior design.
10. What does Suzanne do for a living?
(a) She's an artist.
(b) She's a journalist.
(c) She's a writer.
(d) She's an actor.
11. Why does Suzanne call herself a degenerate?
(a) She has a huge appetite for sex.
(b) She hasn't slept for two days.
(c) She enjoys drugs.
(d) She does nothing but party.
12. What does Suzanne confess to Broussard?
(a) She has never finished a painting.
(b) She sleeps around.
(c) She bore his child.
(d) She has always belonged to him.
13. What does Broussard ask Wally to come with him to buy?
14. Why does Suzanne say she is unhappy with Broussard?
(a) He has sold the farm.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He is drinking again.
(d) He is taking drugs.
15. What does Broussard lie about at the police station?
(a) His friendship with Wally.
(b) His drug habit.
(c) His relationship with Suzanne.
(d) His former conviction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor tell Winfield he needs to give up stimulants?
2. What happened to Winfield's father?
3. What drug does Winfield take on the train back to Nashville?
4. What does Broussard miss a sign for?
5. What is Winfield's sister working as in Little Rock?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)