|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Boudreaux decide against killing in the gunfight?
2. Where does Boudreaux take the stumps?
(a) To the construction site.
(b) To a ditch.
(c) To a large fire.
(d) To the warden's house.
3. Why does the doctor tell Winfield he needs to give up stimulants?
(a) He will ruin his career.
(b) He is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
(c) It is putting too much strain on his heart.
(d) He is losing too many brain cells.
4. What does Broussard lie about at the police station?
(a) His former conviction.
(b) His relationship with Suzanne.
(c) His friendship with Wally.
(d) His drug habit.
5. Who blocks Broussard as he is turning around in the driveway?
(a) The homeowner.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The fire brigade.
(d) The guardian angels.
6. Where does Broussard go with Suzanne to catch up on old times?
(a) Restaurant Billy.
(b) Chapeau Rogue.
(c) Bar X.
(d) Cafe du Monde.
7. Which character tries to talk sense into Winfield after Hunnicut leaves?
8. What name does Hunnicut call Winfield in this section?
(b) Hop head.
(c) A sly dog.
(d) Mop head.
9. What does Broussard miss a sign for?
(a) A one way street.
(b) To slow down.
(c) To stop.
(d) A sharp bend.
10. Why does Boudreaux decide against killing Evans?
(a) There will always be another like him.
(b) He has a young family.
(c) He has already been hit.
(d) He has the character to redeem himself.
11. What is the title of Book III?
(a) Funny Turns During Funny Times.
(b) When People Stop Talking.
(c) The Silly Man Who Laughs at Nothing.
(d) When the Sun Begins to Shine.
12. Who raised Winfield and his sister?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His older brother.
13. What does Broussard's parole officer tell Broussard he needs proof of?
(c) Place of birth.
14. Where do Suzanne and Broussard spend the day after their night in the hotel?
(a) The beach.
(b) The shopping center.
(c) The park.
(d) The forest.
15. In what magazine is Wally's short story currently being considered for publication?
(a) The Weird Magazine.
(b) Atlantic Monthly.
(c) Deep Blue Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Boudreaux have to dump the stumps?
2. What is Boudreaux doing in the fields when he decides to escape?
3. What does Boudreaux hit Evans over the head with?
4. What member of the party gets extremely drunk?
5. Why does Suzanne call herself a degenerate?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)