|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the brothel security guard leave WInfield?
(a) At the jailhouse.
(b) In the graveyard.
(c) At the railroad station.
(d) At the railroad tracks.
2. What drug does Winfield take on the train back to Nashville?
3. Where does Broussard go with Suzanne to catch up on old times?
(a) Restaurant Billy.
(b) Cafe du Monde.
(c) Chapeau Rogue.
(d) Bar X.
4. What does Suzanne do for a living?
(a) She's a journalist.
(b) She's an artist.
(c) She's a writer.
(d) She's an actor.
5. What kind of treatment was April given at the hospital?
(a) Primal treatment.
(b) Psychiartry treatment.
(c) Shock treatment.
(d) Drug treatment.
6. What does Boudreaux feel like he has twisted in his gut?
7. Why does Suzanne say she is unhappy with Broussard?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He is drinking again.
(c) He has sold the farm.
(d) He is taking drugs.
8. Why are Broussard and Suzanne so keen to get away for the night?
(a) They want to get married in secret.
(b) They haven't been together for four days.
(c) They want to see the latest French film.
(d) They have to meet Suzanne's parents.
9. What does Winfield play with his friends at the pool hall?
10. What name does Hunnicut call Winfield in this section?
(a) Hop head.
(c) Mop head.
(d) A sly dog.
11. What does Broussard think will now happen to him now he has been charged?
(a) He will become an alcoholic.
(b) Suzanne will ask him to leave.
(c) He will be sent back to the work camp.
(d) He will be fired from his job.
12. What does Suzanne confess to Broussard?
(a) She has always belonged to him.
(b) She has never finished a painting.
(c) She bore his child.
(d) She sleeps around.
13. In what magazine is Wally's short story currently being considered for publication?
(a) Atlantic Monthly.
(b) Deep Blue Sea.
(d) The Weird Magazine.
14. Which character tries to talk sense into Winfield after Hunnicut leaves?
15. What happened to Winfield's father?
(a) He runaway.
(b) He was put in prison.
(c) He moved to New York City.
(d) He died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Broussard stop on the way home to do?
2. What is wrong with Broussard's license?
3. What is Winfield's sister working as in Little Rock?
4. Where is Boudreaux's family?
5. Why does the doctor tell Winfield he needs to give up stimulants?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)