|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Winfield run into some old friends?
(a) The barbershop.
(b) The grocer's.
(c) The fishery.
(d) The pool hall.
2. What character does Hunnicut call a slut?
(a) Winfield's mother.
(b) Winfield's sister.
3. Why are Broussard and Suzanne so keen to get away for the night?
(a) They want to get married in secret.
(b) They want to see the latest French film.
(c) They have to meet Suzanne's parents.
(d) They haven't been together for four days.
4. What does Boudreaux hit Evans over the head with?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A brick.
(c) An ax.
(d) A limb.
5. Whose drug treatment does Winfield recall?
(a) His sister's.
6. What happened to Winfield's father?
(a) He moved to New York City.
(b) He runaway.
(c) He was put in prison.
(d) He died.
7. Why does Suzanne say she is unhappy with Broussard?
(a) He is taking drugs.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He has sold the farm.
(d) He is drinking again.
8. What does Hunnicut do before he leaves Winfield's room?
(a) Spits at him.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Fires him.
9. Why does Winfield say he wants Hunnicut out of his room?
(a) He has no senstivitiy.
(b) He is too goddamn ugly.
(c) He smells bad.
(d) He is houting too loud.
10. Which two people does Hunnicut say have made Lathrop's career?
(a) April and Seth.
(b) David and Seth.
(c) Hunnicut and Lathrop.
(d) Troy and Hunnicut.
11. What part of the quarter does Suzanne live in?
12. In what magazine is Wally's short story currently being considered for publication?
(a) Atlantic Monthly.
(c) The Weird Magazine.
(d) Deep Blue Sea.
13. What does Broussard miss a sign for?
(a) To slow down.
(b) A one way street.
(c) A sharp bend.
(d) To stop.
14. What does Broussard ask Wally to come with him to buy?
15. What does Winfield buy from the hardware store?
(a) Bait and tackle.
(b) A camp fire and some cutlery.
(c) A newspaper and a rope.
(d) A fishing rod and a tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Broussard's parole officer claim will happen if Broussard does not provide a letter of employment?
2. What drug does Winfield take on the train back to Nashville?
3. Where is Boudreaux's family?
4. What do Suzanne and Broussard drink on the beach?
5. Why does the doctor tell Winfield he needs to give up stimulants?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)