|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug does April introduce Winfield to in this section?
2. Where does Boudreax need to drive to for his new company?
(a) New Orleans.
3. What is the title of the first section?
(a) Making Good.
(b) Give Me Sugar.
(c) Summer's Dust.
(d) Fun Times Ain't Always the Good Times.
4. How is life getting better for Broussard at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He has moved to a nicer prison.
(b) An old flame is writing him letters.
(c) Someone has paid his bail.
(d) He is up for parole.
5. What city does Hunnicott force Winfield to go to despite Winfield's fatigue?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Las Vegas.
6. Who does Boudreaux begin working for in this section?
(a) Peterson Shipyard.
(b) Horace Typewriters.
(c) Finlay Canning Company.
(d) Bonham Shipping Company.
7. What does Avery's father die of?
(d) A heart attack.
8. What two prisoners are missing at the end of the day?
(a) Benoit and Petersen.
(b) LeBlanc and Burke.
(c) Blly Jo and Jeffrey.
(d) Broussard and Evans.
9. How does LeBlanc try to kill Evans?
(a) He shoots at him
(b) He hits him with a shovel.
(c) He chokes him.
(d) He stabs him.
10. What is the only thing of value that Winfield owns?
(a) His flute.
(b) His guitar.
(c) His violin.
(d) His trumpet.
11. Where does the parole board meet?
(a) The sheriff's office.
(b) The warden's house.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The jailhouse.
12. What does Avery see swimming in the irrigation canal?
(a) A nutria.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A beaver.
(d) A rat.
13. What does Broussard drink while he waits to be picked up?
14. What does Evans force the prisoners to look at?
(a) Billy Jo and Jeffrey's bodies.
(b) Pornagraphic images.
(c) Images from World War Two.
(d) His new revolver.
15. What does Avery's father think could ruin Avery's life?
(b) His lack of humor.
(c) His lack of education.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month do they begin cutting the cane?
2. What did Avery's great grandfather and his negro servant build?
3. What are LeBlanc and Gerard paranoid about?
4. What does Broussard work as on the pipeline?
5. How does Hunnicut say Lathrop has helped Winfield?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)