|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Broussard want Benoit to give the knife to someone else?
(a) They will use it to kill him.
(b) They will sell it to LeBlanc.
(c) It is the only knife in the prison.
(d) They won't appreciate it like he will.
2. What does Avery see swimming in the irrigation canal?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A beaver.
(c) A nutria.
(d) A rat.
3. Who does Boudreaux begin working for in this section?
(a) Bonham Shipping Company.
(b) Peterson Shipyard.
(c) Finlay Canning Company.
(d) Horace Typewriters.
4. Who was believed to have killed the Spaniard who killed Avery's great grandfather?
(a) His great grandfather's brother.
(b) Avery's great grandmother.
(c) Avery's grandfather.
(d) His great grandfather's servant.
5. What drug does April introduce Winfield to in this section?
6. What does Winfield abandon April to find?
(a) A good bar.
(b) A drug dealer.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A guitar shop.
7. What does Tereau sell?
(b) Counterfeit money.
8. What is Live-Again?
(a) A tonic water.
(c) A chocolate bar.
(d) A nut bar.
9. What does Avery's father say one should always seek when associating with people?
(a) One's own level.
(b) The quiet people in the corner.
(c) A good mix.
(d) The most important people.
10. What does Avery's father think could ruin Avery's life?
(a) His lack of education.
(c) His lack of humor.
11. Why does Winfield want to write a song for Lathrop?
(a) He has writer's block.
(b) He is not a songwriter.
(c) He wants to give up music.
(d) He hates politics.
12. What does Brother Samuel say Billy Jo has on his hand?
(a) The mark of satan.
(b) The scar of abuse.
(c) A devil wart.
(d) The scar of youth.
13. What does April say Winfield can't continue to eat forever?
(a) His candy.
(b) His fame.
(c) His beer snacks.
(d) His fortune.
14. What other prisoner will also be eligible for parole?
(c) Billy Jo.
15. How did Avery's grandfather die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) During the Civil War.
(c) In an oil explosion.
(d) In a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Boudreax need to drive to for his new company?
2. What was the cause of Avery's grandfather's deafness?
3. What does Seth tell Winfield about Elgin in this section?
4. How has Gerard died?
5. Why does Hunnicut want Winfield to return to Louisiana?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)