|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elgin say the drugs will do for Winfield?
(a) Feel less paranoid.
(b) Help him sleep.
(c) Help him relax.
(d) Perk him up.
2. What is Boudreaux's first name?
3. What is the only thing of value that Winfield owns?
(a) His flute.
(b) His trumpet.
(c) His violin.
(d) His guitar.
4. What does Broussard claim has affected LeBlanc's mental state?
(b) A woman.
(d) The war.
5. What city does Winfield return to in this section?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
6. Where is Broussard at the beginning of Book II?
(a) At home.
(c) On a chingang.
(d) In a cafe.
7. Why does Winfield want to write a song for Lathrop?
(a) He has writer's block.
(b) He is not a songwriter.
(c) He wants to give up music.
(d) He hates politics.
8. Who does Winfield call for more drugs?
9. Where can Boudreaux find a map?
(a) In the truck's glove compartment.
(b) Under the truck's front seat.
(c) In the company's office.
(d) On the side of the road.
10. Where does Boudreax need to drive to for his new company?
(c) New Orleans.
11. What did Avery's great grandfather and his negro servant build?
(a) A housing estate.
(b) A sugarcane plantation.
(c) A cotton plantation.
(d) A brewery.
12. What does Avery's father think could ruin Avery's life?
(b) His lack of humor.
(c) His lack of education.
13. What are LeBlanc and Gerard paranoid about?
(a) If the moonshine is real alcohol.
(b) Their parents.
(c) If Avery is an undercover cop.
(d) The police on the river.
14. Who arrives at the work camp three weeks into Broussard's stay?
15. Where does Broussard say he hopes to see Boudreaux again?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Broussard found guilty of?
2. How is life getting better for Broussard at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the man who has just joined gang five?
4. How has Gerard died?
5. What drug does April introduce Winfield to in this section?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)