|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Broussard get to the main road?
(a) He walks.
(b) He jogs.
(c) He steals a car.
(d) He hitchhikes.
2. What was the cause of Avery's grandfather's deafness?
(a) A musket shot.
(b) A rifle shot.
(c) An oil explosion.
(d) A cannonball.
3. What does Broussard claim has affected LeBlanc's mental state?
(b) The war.
(d) A woman.
4. What does Winfield abandon April to find?
(a) A good bar.
(b) A guitar shop.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A prostitute.
5. Where does Boudreax need to drive to for his new company?
(b) New Orleans.
6. Why is it likely Broussard wil be the only person who gets to leave the gang of five?
(a) It is for lifers.
(b) The others are too good at their jobs.
(c) The others are waiting to be executed.
(d) The others will die in in jail.
7. What did Avery's great grandfather and his negro servant build?
(a) A brewery.
(b) A housing estate.
(c) A sugarcane plantation.
(d) A cotton plantation.
8. What is Bourdeaux in detention for in this section?
(b) Bad manners.
(c) Talking too loud.
(d) Insulting a guard.
9. What does Lathrop say he will keep giving people until they vote for him?
10. Where does Broussard say he hopes to see Boudreaux again?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
11. How does LeBlanc try to kill Evans?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He shoots at him
(c) He chokes him.
(d) He hits him with a shovel.
12. Who will Avery wait for at the tree?
13. Who was believed to have killed the Spaniard who killed Avery's great grandfather?
(a) His great grandfather's brother.
(b) Avery's grandfather.
(c) His great grandfather's servant.
(d) Avery's great grandmother.
14. What does Elgin say the drugs will do for Winfield?
(a) Help him relax.
(b) Perk him up.
(c) Feel less paranoid.
(d) Help him sleep.
15. What does Lathrop want Winfield to do for him?
(a) Organize a concert.
(b) Promote him on his radio show.
(c) Write him a song.
(d) Play at all of his rallies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first section?
2. Where can Boudreaux find a map?
3. What does Avery's father think could ruin Avery's life?
4. What advice does Boudreaux give Broussard in this section?
5. What city does Winfield return to in this section?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)