|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Boudreaux find a job after he breaks his hand?
(a) A food factory.
(b) A clothing store.
(c) A sport store.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What was the cause of Avery's grandfather's deafness?
(a) An oil explosion.
(b) A rifle shot.
(c) A cannonball.
(d) A musket shot.
3. Why doesn't Winfeld want to work for Lathrop?
(a) He is enjoying his success in Nashville.
(b) He doesn't like Lathrop.
(c) He knows nothing about politics.
(d) He wants to run for senate himself.
4. What does Winfield abandon April to find?
(a) A guitar shop.
(b) A good bar.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A drug dealer.
5. Who does Boudreaux begin working for in this section?
(a) Horace Typewriters.
(b) Peterson Shipyard.
(c) Bonham Shipping Company.
(d) Finlay Canning Company.
6. What does Boudreaux have a gift for?
(a) Public speaking.
7. Who arrives at the work camp three weeks into Broussard's stay?
8. Where was Avery's brother killed?
9. What does Seth tell Winfield about Elgin in this section?
(a) He's a quack.
(b) He's a homosexual.
(c) He's an undercover cop.
(d) He's a former drug addict.
10. Where does Broussard say he hopes to see Boudreaux again?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
11. How did Avery's grandfather die?
(a) In a duel.
(b) During the Civil War.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In an oil explosion.
12. What is the name of the man who has just joined gang five?
13. Where does the parole board meet?
(a) The warden's house.
(b) The jailhouse.
(c) The sheriff's office.
(d) The courthouse.
14. What does Broussard claim has affected LeBlanc's mental state?
(c) A woman.
(d) The war.
15. Why doesn't Broussard want Benoit to give the knife to someone else?
(a) It is the only knife in the prison.
(b) They will sell it to LeBlanc.
(c) They won't appreciate it like he will.
(d) They will use it to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Winfield call for more drugs?
2. What character does Chapter 2 focus on?
3. How is life getting better for Broussard at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What other prisoner will also be eligible for parole?
5. Why is Avery no longer working at the farm?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)