|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Broussard claim has affected LeBlanc's mental state?
(a) The war.
(b) A woman.
2. Where does Boudreax need to drive to for his new company?
(c) New Orleans.
3. What was the cause of Avery's grandfather's deafness?
(a) A cannonball.
(b) A musket shot.
(c) An oil explosion.
(d) A rifle shot.
4. How does Broussard get to the main road?
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) He walks.
(c) He steals a car.
(d) He jogs.
5. What city does Winfield return to in this section?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
6. What do April and Winfield apply for at the courthouse?
(a) A marriage license.
(b) A driving license.
(c) Planning permission.
(d) A music license.
7. Where is Broussard at the beginning of Book II?
(a) At home.
(c) On a chingang.
(d) In a cafe.
8. Who arrives at the work camp three weeks into Broussard's stay?
9. Where can Boudreaux find a map?
(a) Under the truck's front seat.
(b) In the company's office.
(c) On the side of the road.
(d) In the truck's glove compartment.
10. Why doesn't Winfeld want to work for Lathrop?
(a) He knows nothing about politics.
(b) He is enjoying his success in Nashville.
(c) He doesn't like Lathrop.
(d) He wants to run for senate himself.
11. In what month do they begin cutting the cane?
12. What does Avery buy to drink on the way home?
(a) A bottle of vodka.
(b) A bottle of Coke.
(c) A bottle of bourbon.
(d) A bottle of orange juice.
13. What is the name of the place LeBlanc has been forced to stay the night?
(a) The box.
(b) The dungeon.
(c) The tube.
(d) The iron maiden.
14. What does Avery's father say one should always seek when associating with people?
(a) One's own level.
(b) The quiet people in the corner.
(c) The most important people.
(d) A good mix.
15. What is Live-Again?
(a) A tonic water.
(b) A chocolate bar.
(d) A nut bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does LeBlanc enjoy tormenting Evans?
2. What kind of show does Winfield appear on daily?
3. What does Lathrop say he will keep giving people until they vote for him?
4. What does Winfield abandon April to find?
5. What is Broussard found guilty of?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)