Short Answer Key
Book 1, Summer's Dust
1. What does Avery buy to drink on the way home?
A bottle of bourbon.
2. What does Avery see swimming in the irrigation canal?
3. Where was Avery's brother killed?
4. What did Avery's great grandfather and his negro servant build?
A sugarcane plantation.
5. What was the cause of Avery's grandfather's deafness?
6. How did Avery's grandfather die?
In a duel.
7. Who was believed to have killed the Spaniard who killed Avery's great grandfather?
His great grandfather's servant.
8. What does Avery's father say one should always seek when associating with people?
One's own level.
9. What does Avery's father think could ruin Avery's life?
10. In what month do they begin cutting the cane?
11. What does Avery's father die of?
A heart attack.
12. What character does Chapter 2 focus on?
This section contains 2,065 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)