|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, When the Sun Begins to Shine, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hunnicut say Winfield will find it difficult to get a job in Nashville?
(a) He is too old.
(b) No one hires junkies.
(c) Word about bad performances spread quickly.
(d) He will put around a bad word.
2. Who arrives at the work camp three weeks into Broussard's stay?
3. What member of the party gets extremely drunk?
4. Why does Winfield resign himself to his drug addiction?
(a) He wants to die anyway and he would prefer to die feeling high.
(b) He can't go throught the emotional and physical torture of giving up.
(c) He can't stand the idea of a sober life.
(d) He can't lose his career.
5. What does Avery's father think could ruin Avery's life?
(c) His lack of education.
(d) His lack of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April say would happen if the Hickses knew about Winfield's lifestyle?
2. How does Hunnicut say Lathrop has helped Winfield?
3. Why does Winfield say he wants Hunnicut out of his room?
4. What is the only place open in the town late at night?
5. What does Broussard work as on the pipeline?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)