|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III, When the Sun Begins to Shine, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the back of the trucks?
(b) Moonshie and hashish.
(c) Pelts and furs.
2. Why does Boudreaux decide against killing Evans?
(a) He has a young family.
(b) He has already been hit.
(c) There will always be another like him.
(d) He has the character to redeem himself.
3. What is Boudreaux doing in the fields when he decides to escape?
(a) Clearing the stumps.
(b) Digging ditches.
(c) Clearing branches.
(d) Digging for coal.
4. What does Broussard claim has affected LeBlanc's mental state?
(a) The war.
(d) A woman.
5. Why is Avery no longer working at the farm?
(a) It was taken away from him.
(b) He sold it.
(c) He got lazy.
(d) He found it too stifling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Winfield return to in this section?
2. What is the title of Book II?
3. What kind of treatment was April given at the hospital?
4. Who raised Winfield and his sister?
5. In what month do they begin cutting the cane?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)