|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Big Midnight Special, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to visit Avery in prison?
2. In what month do they begin cutting the cane?
3. What did Avery's great grandfather and his negro servant build?
(a) A sugarcane plantation.
(b) A housing estate.
(c) A cotton plantation.
(d) A brewery.
4. Why does Hunnicut want Winfield to return to Louisiana?
(a) To campaign for Lathrop.
(b) To help him move house.
(c) To play for the President.
(d) To promote his business.
5. What is the name of the prisoner who almost beats LeBlanc to death?
(a) Long John.
(b) Big Johnny.
(c) Freddie Muscle.
(d) Big Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Winfeld want to work for Lathrop?
2. What city does Hunnicott force Winfield to go to despite Winfield's fatigue?
3. Where does Boudreaux find a job after he breaks his hand?
4. What does Broussard claim has affected LeBlanc's mental state?
5. What does Evans force the prisoners to look at?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)