|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Big Midnight Special, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to visit Avery in prison?
2. Why does Winfield want to write a song for Lathrop?
(a) He hates politics.
(b) He wants to give up music.
(c) He has writer's block.
(d) He is not a songwriter.
3. What is the title of the first section?
(a) Give Me Sugar.
(b) Summer's Dust.
(c) Making Good.
(d) Fun Times Ain't Always the Good Times.
4. What did Avery's great grandfather and his negro servant build?
(a) A housing estate.
(b) A cotton plantation.
(c) A brewery.
(d) A sugarcane plantation.
5. Who does Boudreaux begin working for in this section?
(a) Finlay Canning Company.
(b) Bonham Shipping Company.
(c) Horace Typewriters.
(d) Peterson Shipyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of disease does Hunnicott say Troy has?
2. What does Avery see swimming in the irrigation canal?
3. What does Seth tell Winfield about Elgin in this section?
4. What has Le Blanc been sentenced to an extra seven years for?
5. Why does Hunnicut want Winfield to return to Louisiana?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)