|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book II, Big Midnight Special, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Terau and Avery waiting for?
(a) For the police to come back.
(b) For the police to leave the riverside.
(c) The men delivering them their new equipment.
(d) The people to come and pull away the moonshine.
2. What is the only thing of value that Winfield owns?
(a) His violin.
(b) His flute.
(c) His trumpet.
(d) His guitar.
3. What was the cause of Avery's grandfather's deafness?
(a) An oil explosion.
(b) A cannonball.
(c) A musket shot.
(d) A rifle shot.
4. What is the title of the first section?
(a) Give Me Sugar.
(b) Summer's Dust.
(c) Making Good.
(d) Fun Times Ain't Always the Good Times.
5. What is the name of the man who has just joined gang five?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month do they begin cutting the cane?
2. What drug does Elgin prescribe for Winfield?
3. What does Lathrop want Winfield to do for him?
4. Why doesn't Winfeld want to work for Lathrop?
5. What kind of ward has Try been put into?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)